Author Topic: For those who want a test net...  (Read 18744 times)

Offline bytemaster

2 second blocks means on average your transaction is confirmed in 1 second.   1 second blocks means an average confirmation  in 0.5 seconds.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Ahhhh, awesome!  These 1 second block times are making my head spin!

Is this just testing for private internal systems or is this really being considered a possibility for the public BTS blockchain?

From bitshares.org:

"As soon as the software is ready, it will enter a public testing period for gathering community feedback. This testing period will last until the community is satisfied with the new system, after which an upgrade snapshot date will be announced with at least 30 days notice.

At the snapshot, the current BitShares network will stop producing blocks and BitShares 2.0 will be launched within hours. All accounts and balances will be fully migrated to BitShares 2.0.

See Migrating to BitShares 2.0 for more details."

Regarding the 1 second block times though?

AFAIK, block time can vary from 1 sec to 30 sec (should check maximum) determined by delegates. I think 2 second will be starting point
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Is this just testing for private internal systems or is this really being considered a possibility for the public BTS blockchain?

From bitshares.org:

"As soon as the software is ready, it will enter a public testing period for gathering community feedback. This testing period will last until the community is satisfied with the new system, after which an upgrade snapshot date will be announced with at least 30 days notice.

At the snapshot, the current BitShares network will stop producing blocks and BitShares 2.0 will be launched within hours. All accounts and balances will be fully migrated to BitShares 2.0.

From BitShares.org:

Delegated Proof of Stake Consensus

All network parameters, from fee schedules to block intervals and transaction sizes, can be tuned via elected delegates. Deterministic selection of block producers allows transactions to be confirmed in an average of just 1 second.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile

From bitshares.org:

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

From bitshares.org:

"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
- Cicero

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Can anyone post instructions for what to do?
Only instruction we have atm is about howto become a witness in graphene/bts2.0 (see bitshares blog)

If I import to graphene, what happens to my BTS?
nothing .. the two networks are INDEPENDENT .. much like an airdrop

And can you do it now? I may be confusing things but what keeps someone from importing his BTS into graphene and then since he keeps his BTS on his wallet, send them to an exchange and dump for btc, doubling his money?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
It seems to work just fine on Firefox for android.

cool yes guess Safari is currently the problem ...AFAIK from SLACK dev group

Yah.  My mistake.  I thought people were saying they couldn't access on android.  Seems to work fine on chrome for android as well. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

cool yes guess Safari is currently the problem ...AFAIK from SLACK dev group
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
My only concern regarding the new BitShares GUI comes down to a technical limitation: as a web app it does not allow to split the GUI into separate pages, each keeping track of its own state.
The easiest way to explain it would be by this example: I'd like to be able to do some trading on the Exchange page, then go to my account transaction history page to check something and then go back to the Exchange page and see it exactly as I left it.
As far as I know such multi-tasking is not yet be possible in JavaScript.

You can easily maintain state across multiple "tabs" in any good javascript app framework. You don't keep the data in the dom.

There's no true multi threading but nothing ever blocks either...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

jakub

Looks cool and it's fast and responsive.
Really well done  :)

This statement form your side counts much :) !! Didn't you create wallet GUI with dark attitude before months also!? I do remember that have a lot of good ideas about UX improvements. I begin to think maybe it would be godd if you would join the GUI discussion better to say ... i would love to get feedback from you about UX improvements etc..

Where are you located ... if i may ask? Europe ?

Thank you, @cass.

Yes, early this year my company made an attempt to offer an improvement for BitShares UX - it was a JavaFX desktop application, fully functional and we were almost ready to release it but we hold off for two reasons:
(1) we decided we didn't have enough resources to offer proper technical support
(2) BitShares 2.0 was announced
For those interested, screenshots are still available here.

We are an IT company located in Warsaw, Poland.
I'll be glad to get in touch with you, cass, as I really appreciate what you've done so far.

My only concern regarding the new BitShares GUI comes down to a technical limitation: as a web app it does not allow to split the GUI into separate pages, each keeping track of its own state.
The easiest way to explain it would be by this example: I'd like to be able to do some trading on the Exchange page, then go to my account transaction history page to check something and then go back to the Exchange page and see it exactly as I left it.
As far as I know such multi-tasking is not yet be possible in JavaScript.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:42:50 pm by jakub »

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Blank screen on my ipad

and my macbook pro

This is because I stopped witness node until we resolve the issue.

BitEnthusiast