Author Topic: No more cloudmining at digital ocean it seems.  (Read 2537 times)

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
That is true.

Just wanted to post this so people know before they put in their money there, quite a few guides uses digital ocean as they have a affiliate program.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
You really want a dedicated server anyway
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
No more Cloudmining at Digital Ocean?

I just logged in to my Digital Ocean account to find that most of the servers were locked and i could not create more than 5 droplets with..pretty bad cpu's.

Contacted Digital Ocean support to question this as i had not recieved any information regarding this ''lockdown''

Here is the response i got:

here has been a response to your ticket:

Hello!

Cryptocurrency mining is very CPU intensive, and due to the shared nature of our CPU allocations large-scale cryptocurrency mining will seriously affect the quality of service we can provide to the neighbouring servers on the same hypervisors as servers running cryptocurrency mining operations.

So, while we do not specifically prohibit cryptocurrency mining, we do restrict accounts doing so to prevent large-scale operations from affecting our infrastructure.

Therefore, at this time, we do not provide droplet limit increases to accounts currently engaging in this activity.  This includes opening additional accounts for the purpose of mining.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but we have to do our best to provide fair usage for all our users.

Also, I noticed that your Droplets are currently powered off. Servers that are powered off still incur hourly charges. When your server is off, the hypervisor continues to reserve your share of CPU, RAM and disk (as well as the IP for your virtual server), so you will be charged for the droplet even if it is powered off.

If you would like to discontinue using a droplet while preserving it for later use, we recommend taking a snapshot of the droplet and then destroying it.

When you are ready to use it again, you can create a new droplet from that snapshot. The only difference would be a new IP address.

Regards,
Support Team
DigitalOcean