Author Topic: Ethereum - Leaked Chat Says Project Needs ‘Years More’  (Read 2519 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
They need ~"another year" to deliver on a scalable POS + a standard UI to interact with dapps. They have already delivered on the VM and toolchain, which is good enough for most applications. The groups working on those can externalize all the extra costs (POW + usability dev in unstable environment) to the eth community
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline svk

Is this legit? Although I'm not into ethereum this seems like some FUD. I think they can probably have done some work with $18M no? We never know with this crypto journalists.

18M at the time of fundraising.  How much of that value was lost in bitcoin?
About half I think
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Is this legit? Although I'm not into ethereum this seems like some FUD. I think they can probably have done some work with $18M no? We never know with this crypto journalists.

18M at the time of fundraising.  How much of that value was lost in bitcoin?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It depends on what you want to read . By the way , this community tend to think "endless development even after many years " as a good thing . Shouldn't this kind of thinking extends to Ethereum if they can find other source of funding ?
^^ This

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You can read it both ways :

1、It can't be finished after a year which brings bad news .

2、It will still be developing after a year which brings hope .

It depends on what you want to read . By the way , this community tend to think "endless development even after many years " as a good thing . Shouldn't this kind of thinking extends to Ethereum if they can find other source of funding ?

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think people need to stop freaking out over the price so much. Everything right now is basically pure speculation until BitShares 2.0 comes out. Is anyone really surprised that the price is so low when BitShares 2.0 hasn't actually be implemented or proven yet? The ideas are amazing but unless there is a product that works then there's no real reason it SHOULD be valued any higher.

If you look at any crypto 2.0 project you can see that they all take much longer than expected to implement in a good way. Ethereum is the best example of this besides BTS. They were the golden child of crypto 2.0 for a long time, at a time when BitShares was having all kinds of problems and criticisms, and in recent months Ethereum has started to experience many of those problems themselves. Nobody is immune to it. Such is the nature of this industry. We're all exploring new territory here. It's not gonna be a quick and easy process.

That being said, even if (and possibly when) some of the other crypto 2.0 projects start climbing in value more quickly than BTS does, I'm not going to be extremely worried. Yes, market cap is generally a good indicator of the success of a crypto project, but BTS is essentially different from ANY other project that's on the market right now. It is a totally new model for a decentralized business. In many ways it borrows features from centralized businesses, and in many ways it borrows decentralization features that were pioneered by Bitcoin. That's why I always like the DAC moniker. It might not be the best term to use for legal purposes, but in many ways it's a great descriptor of BTS. BTS offers financial products, and our growth is going to depend on having solid software that allows for WORKING financial products that provide UTILITy. If that mission is accomplished, people will use the products, and REAL, SUSTAINABLE, NON-SPECULATIVE growth will follow from there.

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Vitalik said in the meeting recently that ether need at least another to finish

Another what ? Month ? Year ?

Another another. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline EstefanTT

Another what ? Month ? Year ?
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline twitter

• View Profile
witness:

Tuck Fheman

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:21:02 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I would assume its just as bullshit as all the bad things people say about us.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115034/ethereum-launches-but-leaked-chat-says-project-needs-years-more

What I wanted to say is, assuming this is true and things go south, BitShares better snatch Augur from Ethereum. (or maybe by then we will have something better ourselves?). Imagine if everyone who plans to build on ethereum moves onto BitShares.

Plus, it is said  Ethereum will have scalability and performance problems.. A lot of IFs but what's your opinion on the future of such a promising project? Things don't look good. And now this makes my dreams of ethereum moving into BitShares come back, but I guess that won't happen
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:54:56 am by Akado »