Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143307 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
what was the IPO price?

I think they raised $18 million for 60 million Ether, so something like $0.3 per Ether was IPO price. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
ETH market cap is a joke with < $1M USD trading volume. we'll see how this unfolds over the next couple weeks. unless volume picks up and actual capital flows into the system, i see the price continuing to collapse.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I have to say though. The ETH stack actually delivers on the promise to create your own DACs. While BitShares has been mostly talk, Stan memes and what not.

I love the ETH stack. It's not perfect and can be improved, there are scalability issues down the road, but reading the blog posts I have faith they are on the right track to solve all these issues.

Cheers!

+5%

If they just adjust people's expectations about what kinds of dapps are sustainable in the long term (what the price per trx really is), they're golden.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have to say though. The ETH stack actually delivers on the promise to create your own DACs. While BitShares has been mostly talk, Stan memes and what not.

I love the ETH stack. It's not perfect and can be improved, there are scalability issues down the road, but reading the blog posts I have faith they are on the right track to solve all these issues.

Cheers!
It seems i read a different blog post.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Cheers!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Also looks like people dumped ETH for BTC then dumped the BTC right away to get out of crypto.  Plenty of people have been stuck in ETH for a year wanting their money.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
From 160 to 80 million in 12 hours T_T

Really have to be a ninja to get those initial spikes.

Under 50M now, still falling. 
It should decline to the IPO price I think, way more down to go!

The initial buyers were idiots, buying at 20x the IPO. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Kraken enabled deposits for KYCed customers first or figured out how to post collateral, who were a tiny subset of users. The inital $3 price was clearly artificial just like BTS price on launch (in that case it was just one exchange honoring the sharedrop).

Right now most presale buyers are able to cash out with minimal effort. Curious how far the presale selloff will take it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Yikes.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Yep.

Almost nobody is going to get 10x the ipo price though, only those lucky enough to get ETH to exchange first.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Will definitely crash, but still gutted I didn't buy the IPO and put all my eggs in BTSX at the time.

I would think BTS would be re-valued upwards too a bit once people start comparing.

Ethereum is giving a 10x return over a period that BTS/X had a 90% loss. Ether holders 100x better off currently over that period.

But yes it will crash, so whether you can get $2.80 is another thing altogether.  Also I personally think BTSX would have been circa $300-400 million today.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:22:45 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Looking forward to seeing what happens as soon as people can get their ETH on exchanges and dump.  Pricing it at 10x the IPO price in this era of depressed crypto prices is insanity. 

I'll buy later if it falls below IPO and stabilizes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:50:21 pm by Ander »