Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143278 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
btw I hear some rumors about people seriously dumping BTC right now..so if any of you have any btc left maybe it is a good time to buy some bitusd..
sorry out of topic.. ::)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Interesting, I'm on the opposite side of some of you guys right now.

If you end up taking my BTC, go buy some BTS with it, heh!  If I take yours I'll buy BTS as well. ;)

(Edit: I sold 10 mins later)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:05:31 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
i am personally short again in 0.0049 and plan to keep it open until 0.0043 at least..Then buy BTS again..I almost recovered my 1st day trading mistakes in Poloniex..

Offline Ander

• View Profile

(Moved ETH discussion to this thread from BTS price discussion thread)

Sounds good.

I am still long from about .0045 average price and think we are going to continue higher today.  (But it it breaks down through the short term moving averages I would probably get out while I still was up on the trade)

I shorted at 0.00515 again.

I'll close that short I opened at a little over 0.0045 if it gets down there and then maybe wait for it to go up to 48/50 again before re-shorting.

Good job, I am wishing I had sold at .005 and rebought that drop.
It scares me too much to be short or on margin right now.  Sitting in my current long from ~.0045, I plan to either sell on a good bounce or sell at breakeven if it drops.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Sounds good.

I am still long from about .0045 average price and think we are going to continue higher today.  (But it it breaks down through the short term moving averages I would probably get out while I still was up on the trade)

I'll close that short I opened at a little over 0.0045 if it gets down there and then maybe wait for it to go up to 48/50 again before re-shorting.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Sounds good.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Bought some ETH at .00461

And bought more at .0044-.0045.  I think it needs to bounce at this point.  But this isnt a long term buy or anything, just playing for a bounce.

I think it could be due a bounce.

However I am still seeing circa 50k ETH being added to sell orders each day on Poloniex without buy orders increasing so I think that incoming supply eventually has to push down the price unless there's a new reason for fresh demand this week.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Just do opposite of what ppl say

Half the people have been saying back to ipo price and other half have been saying its going to $1000.  :P
Then it will be somewhere in between :)
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Just do opposite of what ppl say

Half the people have been saying back to ipo price and other half have been saying its going to $1000.  :P

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I think ETH pump is over and its heading down again.  Now to see where it finds support. 

The buying was stronger than I expected, I no longer think its going all the way back to IPO price.  It can probably stabilize at 40-50 million cap or so.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I have no idea where this is going, lol. 

Me neither.

Breaking $100 million has always  big psychological barrier for LTC up or down. So my guess is ETH will spike up to 120 million at least on this move. But I'm 0 for 2 atm.  (Missed the IPO and the recent $40 million bottom.)

If it can get ahead of LTC like we were hoping BTSX could do back in the day, who knows. Interesting.

Well it did spike up to 130 after breaking 100, so I'll call it 1 for 3 on that.

Still I not sure where it's going. My guess is it will go down to as low as $60 million this weekend.

so who cares if Ethereum gets the first mover advantage in the 2.0 space.  The second and third movers will be right there in every news story!

Well first mover advantage worked out pretty well for Bitcoin  :) & I don't remember the 2nd & 3rd movers being in every (any?) Bitcoin news story.

I still think BTS 2.0 can do it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:52:53 am by Empirical1.2 »

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
In the end it could be good for altcoins.

Of course it is.

Is Ethereum better than bitcoin?'

Of course it is.

Then who cares if they surpass bitcoin before we do.  I hope they pass bitcoin tomorrow.  I've been dying for the world to start talking about what is beyond bitcoin, and get nauseous whenever I hear  the words "blocksize" or "coreXT" .  We all knew that the Bitcoin topics of conversation would be changing to what it is that BTS does, so who cares if Ethereum gets the first mover advantage in the 2.0 space.  The second and third movers will be right there in every news story!

Right now Ethereum is only worth $100,000,000 fiat dollars (pocket change to some)

how much value is that?

We are talking about a global Bitcoin2.0 protocol standards here, where network adoption is paramount

what is that worth (to humanity)?

It's not about how many Ethers or BrowniePoints you have, it's about evolving the global "Blockchain conversation" and Ethereum just taught the world a thing or two about Bitcoin 2.0

right on, completely agree! it's perfectly feasible for BTS to have the same monetary success with a successful 2.0 launch, but nonetheless, i'm happy to cheer on any crypto innovation.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

In the end it could be good for altcoins.

Of course it is.

Is Ethereum better than bitcoin?'

Of course it is.

Then who cares if they surpass bitcoin before we do.  I hope they pass bitcoin tomorrow.  I've been dying for the world to start talking about what is beyond bitcoin, and get nauseous whenever I hear  the words "blocksize" or "coreXT" .  We all knew that the Bitcoin topics of conversation would be changing to what it is that BTS does, so who cares if Ethereum gets the first mover advantage in the 2.0 space.  The second and third movers will be right there in every news story!

Right now Ethereum is only worth $100,000,000 fiat dollars (pocket change to some)

how much value is that?

We are talking about a global Bitcoin2.0 protocol standards here, where network adoption is paramount

what is that worth (to humanity)?

It's not about how many Ethers or BrowniePoints you have, it's about evolving the global "Blockchain conversation" and Ethereum just taught the world a thing or two about Bitcoin 2.0
Well stated... +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I think the ETH bounce topped around .008 and is now beginning the dump/bleed down.  Currently .007, we will see.