Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143279 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

And another new high.  Wow.

Thats why you dont short. :P

you were right and I was wrong.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Once the pump finishes, people will get bored holding a hypecoin with no GUI and and smart contracts that are clearly inferior to those on BitShares. They will then start to look at the liquidity and beauty of our DEX and come flocking over. Ethereum's market cap is just a glimpse of the great times to come for BitShares.

Im bringing out my inner Stan.

lol, traders never care about GUI .
They trade on the exchanges .

I trade Bitcoin for half a year without even touching the Bitcoin wallet

Yes you trade on an exchange that has a decent GUI. Well done.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Once the pump finishes, people will get bored holding a hypecoin with no GUI and and smart contracts that are clearly inferior to those on BitShares. They will then start to look at the liquidity and beauty of our DEX and come flocking over. Ethereum's market cap is just a glimpse of the great times to come for BitShares.

lol, traders never care about GUI .
They trade on the exchanges .

I trade Bitcoin for half a year without even touching the Bitcoin wallet
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@tonyk I never claimed I made any significant profits from shorting eth and yes I was extremely lucky since I closed my position when someone dumped 100btc yesterday...

What is most of concern now and I don't want to spread any FUD is that there are a lot of btcs trading at Polo so please consider withdraw your bts holdings from there if you don't intend to sell them..Don't get surprised if Polo gets hacked, although I am pretty sure the admins are doing a great job security wise, nonetheless I wouldn't like to see that Polo gets hacked and a lot of bts were stolen..

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I have shorted eth yesterday, closed my position before the next pump and with the profits I bought some bts. I will do this again today. Shorting ethereum and buying bitshares is no brainer for me now just make sure you have sufficient collateral when you short and don't get very greedy..
Qora and bithsares are a strong buy for me now..

ohhh boy... why did you have to post this?

Now, I have to close some well reasoned short positions.

lol...With my luck in trading probably this would be the best thing to do for you! I most of the times do the exact opposite everyone else is doing..trend is not my friend.. :)

I know... you have  believed in BTS for 2+ years after all.

Also in this particular case it is almost impossible... I mean I can post the chart of eth for the last day (as you claim) or 2 or 3 days or a week or a month....an no where you can have made any significant amounts shorting it. Short of using 10X leverage and getting extremely lucky in a 2-6h window.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I have shorted eth yesterday, closed my position before the next pump and with the profits I bought some bts. I will do this again today. Shorting ethereum and buying bitshares is no brainer for me now just make sure you have sufficient collateral when you short and don't get very greedy..

lol...With my luck in trading probably this would be the best thing to do for you! I most of the times do the exact opposite everyone else is doing..trend is not my friend.. :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
compared to 3 years of bitshares, the 1month of me buying eth @0.025 made up some of my bad investments :)

still not selling though, I wonder where this is going to end

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
And another new high.  Wow.

Thats why you dont short. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Shorting might make you money, or might not, but if you do it you had better put a stop in at a new high and eat your loss, and not just follow it up forever and ever.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
On a positive note this shows there is still a large $$ support in crypto.  It's about time something has broken out above LTC and Ripple, this is good news for all 2.0 tech.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It would be an awesome development for bitshares and all crypto 2.0 if Ethereum passes bitcoin.  It will break the idea that bitcoin is the only legitimate crypto currency and everything else is a "shitcoin".   Investors and developers will then start looking at other crypto projects as viable investments instead of thinking the only investment/platform has something with a direct connection to bitcoin.

Amen.

One things for sure - Poloniex is making bank! 35000 * 0.004 * 372 =~ $54k

that's petty cash for them . if they do a little side business on speculation with their born advantage (seeing all the trade data) , they could make far more than that .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Riverhead

It would be an awesome development for bitshares and all crypto 2.0 if Ethereum passes bitcoin.  It will break the idea that bitcoin is the only legitimate crypto currency and everything else is a "shitcoin".   Investors and developers will then start looking at other crypto projects as viable investments instead of thinking the only investment/platform has something with a direct connection to bitcoin.

Amen.

One things for sure - Poloniex is making bank! 35000 * 0.004 * 372 =~ $54k