Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143318 times)

chryspano

You simply forget one thing : Development can be copied in one second . Capitals can not . Dogecoin can have BitShares' feature by one click if in the future people do need features , and BitShares can't have Dogecoin's capital by one click .

I might be wrong but I don't think that this is entirely true, for example if facebook decides to implement/host  bts wallets for their users we could have a huge inflow of capital, (I know my example its too far fetched  but removing development and the refferal program from the equation can drop the possibility of this to happen from X% to 0%)

I can't remember the exact numbers but the merger inflation is somewhat 12% and ends in 8 months, don't you think that the end of the merger era(12% dillution) will be more than enought for the price to recover? Do we really need that bad the 6% from development too? By messing with the 6% development imo we make more harm than good.

On topic, Ethereum has huge inflation right now,  but how would their price react if they(Ethereum) announced that they found a way to spent ALL this inflation to pay tens of EXTRA programers to improve ethereum? How would Bitcoin price react if they found a way to use their POW inflation (3600 Btc) to pay EXTRA programers too? Same question for LTC DOGE too.

Just my thoughts...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
When BTS has millions of dollars to waste on and the devs was paid handsomely and big things fake news came out frequently , BTS still didn't beat LTC . How do you explain that ?

Obviously LTC is a better coin! (LOL)

Doge market cap is multiple times of BTS with no development at all , how do you explain that ?

No development at all will give us a HUGE advandage against our "competitors" and also a higher market cap! LETS DO IT! (LOL 2.0)

Ethereum is crazy nowadays , with more features than BTC . But do you honestly believe Ethereum could have even a slight change of replacing Bitcoin's marketcap ?

Does this count as  YES?

At the end of the day , marketcap is not decided by features/codes/development , but the capitals willing to bet on it .

Yes, and at the end of the day all those coins with stagnant development will have a shitcoin's fate.

You simply forget one thing : Development can be copied in one second . Capitals can not . Dogecoin can have BitShares' feature by one click if in the future people do need features , and BitShares can't have Dogecoin's capital by one click .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

chryspano

When BTS has millions of dollars to waste on and the devs was paid handsomely and big things fake news came out frequently , BTS still didn't beat LTC . How do you explain that ?

Obviously LTC is a better coin! (LOL)

Doge market cap is multiple times of BTS with no development at all , how do you explain that ?

No development at all will give us a HUGE advandage against our "competitors" and also a higher market cap! LETS DO IT! (LOL 2.0)

Ethereum is crazy nowadays , with more features than BTC . But do you honestly believe Ethereum could have even a slight change of replacing Bitcoin's marketcap ?

Does this count as  YES?

At the end of the day , marketcap is not decided by features/codes/development , but the capitals willing to bet on it .

Yes, and at the end of the day all those coins with stagnant development will have a shitcoin's fate.

Offline Pheonike

Its because ethereum and other communities want there developers full attention of writing code. BitShares Community wants it developers to live with constant feat in not be paid. The believe this constant fear we make better faster code, bit it does not. It allow adds unnecessary stress to an already stressful job.  Other communities use carrots for their coders, we prefer using the stick.

Doge market cap went back up because they started merge mining with LTC.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Its because ethereum and other communities want there developers full attention of writing code. BitShares Community wants it developers to live with constant feat in not be paid. The believe this constant fear we make better faster code, bit it does not. It allow adds unnecessary stress to an already stressful job.  Other communities use carrots for their coders, we prefer using the stick.

IMHO, that is true from the speculative point of view only ..
There are more reasons to get into any of these projects than purse speculation

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:35:05 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Pheonike

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
@luckybit and others I never owned a single eth because I don't understand its purpose but can you please explain me in 5 lines why ethereum should be worth $1 bil and what it can do that bitshares can't do and why bitshares shouldn't be worth equally? What are the differences and why eth is so superior?

I just don't get all this ethereum madness and I don't get it why people dump bts at these levels.
Please explain.
Thanks

Eth is worth that much because the speculative capital make that worth much .It's simple math .

BTS is not worth that much because BM likes to kill speculators on the ground of future development and real users . Without speculative capital , you have no bubble .

So , in order for BTS to grow , BTS has to get real users . And because real users will never use a product provided by some dev without legal protection/customer support/consumer protection,  unlike real company and real product . So ...you get the idea why it is so hard for BTS to grow .

I think our definition of 'users' is different.

What you are talking about applies to every single crypto in existence. So why are 'users' not objecting to those?

because every single crypto in existence has speculative-users . Unlike real users , speculative-users would disregard the disadvantage in the user experience/stability/legal protection , only because they hold a coin and want it to be successfully .

This is the reality . Users won't come in , at least not for years . Only speculative-users would . And if you kill speculators , you'll lost the only users that you can get .

It's confirmed.. you have a very different idea of the definition of 'users'. Perhaps that small segment you are referring to that might be the case... but for most, all of that just doesn't matter when it is presented and packaged in a manner that meets their needs and solves their pains.

I think btswildpig is right. It might be the harsh true but I agree with him. Crypto is still too young. No way there are enough users to support one. Most are speculators, those are the ones with the money that make the charts move and hence, create the appearance of an active market.

Those, like he said don't care about the user experience because they don't care about the project, they only care about the potential for it to grow in value, any coin they get their money in is just a stepping stone to achieve bigger profits.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@luckybit and others I never owned a single eth because I don't understand its purpose but can you please explain me in 5 lines why ethereum should be worth $1 bil and what it can do that bitshares can't do and why bitshares shouldn't be worth equally? What are the differences and why eth is so superior?

I just don't get all this ethereum madness and I don't get it why people dump bts at these levels.
Please explain.
Thanks

Eth is worth that much because the speculative capital make that worth much .It's simple math .

BTS is not worth that much because BM likes to kill speculators on the ground of future development and real users . Without speculative capital , you have no bubble .

So , in order for BTS to grow , BTS has to get real users . And because real users will never use a product provided by some dev without legal protection/customer support/consumer protection,  unlike real company and real product . So ...you get the idea why it is so hard for BTS to grow .

What you are talking about applies to every single crypto in existence. So why are 'users' not objecting to those?

because every single crypto in existence has speculative-users . Unlike real users , speculative-users would disregard the disadvantage in the user experience/stability/legal protection , only because they hold a coin and want it to be successfully .

This is the reality . Users won't come in , at least not for years . Only speculative-users would . And if you kill speculators , you'll lost the only users that you can get .

It's confirmed.. you have a very different idea of the definition of 'users'. Perhaps that small segment you are referring to that might be the case... but for most, all of that just doesn't matter when it is presented and packaged in a manner that meets their needs and solves their pains.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Please explain.
Thanks

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Please explain.
Thanks

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Please explain.
Thanks

So , in order for BTS to grow , BTS has to get real users . And because real users will never use a product provided by some dev without legal protection/customer support/consumer projection,  unlike real company and real product . So ...you get the idea why it is so hard for BTS to grow .

I didn't know BM had the ability to kill speculators, that's amazing.
.. with the blink of an eye! :P

Offline ncinic

• View Profile

Please explain.
Thanks

So , in order for BTS to grow , BTS has to get real users . And because real users will never use a product provided by some dev without legal protection/customer support/consumer projection,  unlike real company and real product . So ...you get the idea why it is so hard for BTS to grow .

I didn't know BM had the ability to kill speculators, that's amazing.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Please explain.
Thanks

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:58:03 am by btswildpig »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
thank you very much  @luckybit . I still don't get it since this is for developers and all these sound Chinese to me..
I will stick to what I know and believe and understand better that is bitshares..