Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 144599 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Boy does ETH ever feel like a bubble now, but like all good bubbles it just keeps going up.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
A simple pump and riding the wave means nothing for a solid future.

A simple pump is pretty powerful. If BTS went to 200 mill right now, and then fell down again, all the major players could cash out a three year salary, and still keep 70% of their holdings. That would completely ensure BTS development until it is ready for prime time. It would also generate a massive influx of new users and developers willing to sign up to be a worker and witness. All of this is best achieved if we just suck it up and HODL. The "lock up funds" proposal makes more and more sense, especially in the pump climate that we will be seeing in this space going forward.

If you think a price increase of 20x, getting BitShares to 8 cents is a simple pump... yeah, it's pretty powerful then.

We apparently have some powerful bots keeping the price like this, plus people who are willing to short up to 500BTC to take a profit, do you think a simple pump can go through all of that? It can't. Either there's a bitcoin ath rise and everything irrationally shoots up or BTS is seen like the Litecoin of Ethereum or major events happen. I honestly don't think we can get there easily or that if we did, it would be a "simple" pump
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

ETH hit an inflection point. I expect to see an extended pullback from here. Bitshares could benefit.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:50:44 am by werneo »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Werneo, glad to see you're still around. I'll use your reasoning as an excuse not to get caught up in the hype.  :P

Thanks man.

8)

There are lots of new stories talking up Ethereum these days:

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/
https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/02/29/homestead-release/
http://bitcoinist.net/thomson-reuters-announces-ethereum-blockchain-plans/

Sell the news might be wise.

Then again I could be wrong.

sell the news is always wise , just like when somebody tells you this is the last paycheck that you can afford to buy BTS   :'( :'(
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline werneo

• View Profile
Werneo, glad to see you're still around. I'll use your reasoning as an excuse not to get caught up in the hype.  :P

Thanks man.

8)

There are lots of new stories talking up Ethereum these days:

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/
https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/02/29/homestead-release/
http://bitcoinist.net/thomson-reuters-announces-ethereum-blockchain-plans/

Sell the news might be wise.

Then again I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:49:12 am by werneo »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Thanks man.

Offline werneo

• View Profile

Ethereum price is at the top of the long term trendline. Time to take profits.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Are we too late to buy? Is 0.02 the top? Any technical traders have advice?

lol I've put off buying eth on every rise, assuming "there's no way this is sustainable"...but it just keeps going up anyway. And I know full well that as soon as I pull the trigger and buy it'll come crashing down on me.

Pretty sure I'm the worst trader alive.    :(

Well, it is retreating just after you wrote.  You do have some magical power to tame it down even without buying it.  ;)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Are we too late to buy? Is 0.02 the top? Any technical traders have advice?

lol I've put off buying eth on every rise, assuming "there's no way this is sustainable"...but it just keeps going up anyway. And I know full well that as soon as I pull the trigger and buy it'll come crashing down on me.

Pretty sure I'm the worst trader alive.    :(

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

A simple pump is pretty powerful. If BTS went to 200 mill right now, and then fell down again, all the major players could cash out a three year salary, and still keep 70% of their holdings. That would completely ensure BTS development until it is ready for prime time. It would also generate a massive influx of new users and developers willing to sign up to be a worker and witness. All of this is best achieved if we just suck it up and HODL. The "lock up funds" proposal makes more and more sense, especially in the pump climate that we will be seeing in this space going forward.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
...this is depressing

naw, the more capital in cryptocurrencies, the better off we'll be in time.
Yhea .. moving stuff over to bts is quite simple and we only need to educate people and create some buzz ..

Also, with the rather thin markets .. only little volume is needed to boost the bts price big time ..

yup and i think only a matter of time. every successful crypto project, whether bitcoin, ethereum, or whatever, boosts our credibility by association. Ethereum is exploding on the smart contracts thing, but we also do it with our MPAs in a smaller, but still very clever way. there should definitely be spillover effects that benefit us.

It's not only about getting a pump like others. BitShares should be recognized as a big player in the industry. That would actually support it and get more people interested. It isn't, hence our current situation.

i agree and didn't mean to imply i'm excited about some future pump to our share price. i'm looking forward to the first few hedge funds, finance companies, and small businesses using our platform; in other words, it becoming big time :)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
...this is depressing

Yhea .. moving stuff over to bts is quite simple and we only need to educate people and create some buzz ..

Also, with the rather thin markets .. only little volume is needed to boost the bts price big time ..

yup and i think only a matter of time. every successful crypto project, whether bitcoin, ethereum, or whatever, boosts our credibility by association. Ethereum is exploding on the smart contracts thing, but we also do it with our MPAs in a smaller, but still very clever way. there should definitely be spillover effects that benefit us.

It's not only about getting a pump like others. BitShares should be recognized as a big player in the industry. That would actually support it and get more people interested. It isn't, hence our current situation.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
...this is depressing

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
...this is depressing