Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143296 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
poloniex must be making tons of monies from the big pumps/trading.  Imagine this kind of trading done on the DEX.  The trading fees that bts is missing...

Until it gets hacked  :P it must have a pretty big target on its back atm

What is keeping poloniex from moving on BitShares ?

How far are we from being able to attract exchange with that kind of "target on the back" in our more secured environment ?

What's keeping them from joining is they havent been hacked lately. If everything is going well for them - look at polo's volume - they won't change the way they operate. It can probably hurt them short term, even though it's best long term for safety reasons.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline DestBest

poloniex must be making tons of monies from the big pumps/trading.  Imagine this kind of trading done on the DEX.  The trading fees that bts is missing...

What is keeping poloniex from moving on BitShares ?

How far are we from being able to attract exchange with that kind of "target on the back" in our more secured environment ?
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Guess we should create a ETH MPA soon.

that'd be great, so we can easily short ETH (not that i'm an ETH hater)

Shorting an ETH MPA = guaranteed losing all your BTS I think. :P

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

that'd be great, so we can easily short ETH (not that i'm an ETH hater)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

ETH showing signs of topping out now that it briefly passed 0.03 btc. If ETH corrects now, it will take all the other pump coins with it. BTS has not experience anything like the ETH club pump over the past month; SYS, EXP, FTC, MAID, and even DGB all had nice runs, so I expect they will all contract if ETH leads the way down. At that point, disillusioned pump addicts may finally light the fire for BTS. (Not that I am advocating a pump, but it would be nice for BTS to get some recognition.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:37:21 pm by werneo »

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Boy does ETH ever feel like a bubble now, but like all good bubbles it just keeps going up.

It has risen to close to 1/6th of Bitcoin market cap.  The bubble is becoming a giant over a span of a few days.

Yeah it might just pass BTC and turn the crypto world on its head.

BTC would never recover I think.  Good alts would flourish.

Bitcoin 1.0 Luddites would be forced to do some DD to learn what Bitcoin technology can really do. 

It appears the smart ones have already started.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Boy does ETH ever feel like a bubble now, but like all good bubbles it just keeps going up.

Good lord does the bubble ever burst?? I've never seen a crypto just go up...and keep on going up. I'm starting to doubt it's ever gonna pop and it'll just keep going until it takes over bitcoin.

Why the hell I didn't put some cash in around $30 mil cap a few months back is beyond me...I just would've never thought this kind of growth was possible.

Yes, I'm considerably jealous.  :P

Bigger bubbles just make much bigger messes when they pop.

I think you are seeing the result of Bitcoin floundering and everyone is looking to hedge where they think it will be safer... and who else is in the news all the time... that's how I see it. 
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswolf

Offline Methodise

Good lord does the bubble ever burst?? I've never seen a crypto just go up...and keep on going up. I'm starting to doubt it's ever gonna pop and it'll just keep going until it takes over bitcoin.

Why the hell I didn't put some cash in around $30 mil cap a few months back is beyond me...I just would've never thought this kind of growth was possible.

This could so easily be a Bitshares hindsight. Of course from 1/3 of the base, the growth would be 3x crazy.

BTS: methodise

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

It has risen to close to 1/6th of Bitcoin market cap.  The bubble is becoming a giant over a span of a few days.

Yeah it might just pass BTC and turn the crypto world on its head.

BTC would never recover I think.  Good alts would flourish.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.