Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143275 times)

Offline Tuck Fheman

i dunno man, i'm just nervous that there aren't any great wallet alternatives to transfer my ETH out of poloniex.

u no like Mist?
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Is poloniex pumping ETH?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21830.msg284487/topicseen.html#msg284487

i dunno man, i'm just nervous that there aren't any great wallet alternatives to transfer my ETH out of poloniex.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I'm thinking ETH will fall to around 0.015 before the uptrend can resume.

1/3 off in a couple of days.  Beginning of a bubble burst?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

I'm thinking ETH will fall to around 0.015 before the uptrend can resume.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
So far BTS is crap :(
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Werneo might be right I think, potential ETH crash to under .02.

I'm thinking ETH will fall to around 0.015 before the uptrend can resume. If it does drop, the other alts will go down with it, at least for a little while. I'm hoping BTS will rally in the wake of an ETH sell-off.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Werneo might be right I think, potential ETH crash to under .02.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Maybe it finally topped? I dont know.

The ETH refugees are spiking BTS right now.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Maybe it finally topped? I dont know.

Offline cube

• View Profile
poloniex must be making tons of monies from the big pumps/trading.  Imagine this kind of trading done on the DEX.  The trading fees that bts is missing...

Until it gets hacked  :P it must have a pretty big target on its back atm

What is keeping poloniex from moving on BitShares ?

How far are we from being able to attract exchange with that kind of "target on the back" in our more secured environment ?

What's keeping them from joining is they havent been hacked lately.

I fail to understand this 'hack' thing.  Aren't bts bridges/gateways subject to the same risks of having their btc/altcoin hot wallets being hacked?

Bridges don't hold your coins like an exchange do, they are simply used to make a transaction when you want to convert crypto, which means the time you're exposed to a hack is way less, meaning it has less risk.

Of course though, if you use a btc IOU form a third party you're still at risk that third party gets hacked and looses their BTC. That's why collaterized assets are important and why sidechains are even better (require less collateral than our current model). Still, an exchange has more risks of getting hacked other than loosing private keys. It can mess up the database for example, loose users information details, passwords, etc. At least with BitShares the user is the only one who has those.

It's not 100% risk free. But it decreases possible attack vectors.

My point is that once a bridge/gateway's btc/altcoin wallets are hacked and they lost all their coins, the bridge/gateway simply can no longer survive and their IOUs become worthless.  I do not see a significant advantage over centralised exchanges.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:23:11 pm by cube »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
poloniex must be making tons of monies from the big pumps/trading.  Imagine this kind of trading done on the DEX.  The trading fees that bts is missing...

How far are we from being able to attract exchange with that kind of "target on the back" in our more secured environment ?

I fail to understand this 'hack' thing.  Aren't bts bridges/gateways subject to the same risks of having their btc/altcoin hot wallets being hacked?

Bridges don't hold your coins like an exchange do, they are simply used to make a transaction when you want to convert crypto, which means the time you're exposed to a hack is way less, meaning it has less risk.

Of course though, if you use a btc IOU form a third party you're still at risk that third party gets hacked and looses their BTC. That's why collaterized assets are important and why sidechains are even better (require less collateral than our current model). Still, an exchange has more risks of getting hacked other than loosing private keys. It can mess up the database for example, loose users information details, passwords, etc. At least with BitShares the user is the only one who has those.

It's not 100% risk free. But it decreases possible attack vectors.

Offline cube

• View Profile