Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 144739 times)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

The top of the channel is currently around 0.036. It is possible we might see a surge to 0.036, but at this point the risk of staying in ETH outweighs reward. Yes, ETH will continue to appreciate in the future,  but for the near term I'm expecting a price correction, possibly as low as ~ 0.0235, before the uptrend resumes. BTW, if it gets down that low,  it will be a spike caused by margin calls, and the price will probably recover very quickly. (On the flip side, if the price substantially breaches 0.036, it will be a case of irrational exuberance and all the above will be invalidated, at least for the short term.)

Possibly tomorrow. IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:32:29 pm by werneo »

Offline Tuck Fheman

It's time for a correction.

You might be right, I think it's about to crash upwards correcting from this lull. ;)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
"Ethereum with it's billion dollar market cap and correspondingly large development fund will continue to move ahead with so many tools, they're going to become the Microsoft of virtual machines on blockchains."
- Daniel Larimer

Excellent. Dan said some very important things in that clip. He said the Ethereum virtual machine is "here to stay",  and that Ethereum is set to become the Microsoft of blockchains. Wow. He also said some interesting things about sidechains and the future interoperability of bitshares with other blockchains like bitcoin and Ethereum. Good mumble session. Thanks for posting that.

Ethereum now is the same Ethereum when the price was 1/20 .

BM's word proved my point  : Capital will make you believe in a tech . All that matters in the end is capital .

I wonder what BM will say when ETH price drops back again (if) ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
"Ethereum with it's billion dollar market cap and correspondingly large development fund will continue to move ahead with so many tools, they're going to become the Microsoft of virtual machines on blockchains."
- Daniel Larimer

Excellent. Dan said some very important things in that clip. He said the Ethereum virtual machine is "here to stay",  and that Ethereum is set to become the Microsoft of blockchains. Wow. He also said some interesting things about sidechains and the future interoperability of bitshares with other blockchains like bitcoin and Ethereum. Good mumble session. Thanks for posting that.

Offline werneo

• View Profile

The price of ETH is at the top of the channel. It's time for a correction.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah when any exchange that make fractional reserve pushing down prices take it its going to be a drama
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Tuck Fheman

- Daniel Larimer

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I hate to ask this but with poloniex having most of the volume, can we be certain no such "Willy" bot is playing out similar to Gox?  I'm not knocking ETH, just makes one wonder about third party exchanges and exactly what the BitShares project is trying to fix.  Please do not turn my question into a ETH or BTS subject, simply asking about a third party exchange and the potential for another "willy" bot.

https://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/

There's no way of knowing that. Any exchange can play the books. Except ours  :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
I hate to ask this but with poloniex having most of the volume, can we be certain no such "Willy" bot is playing out similar to Gox?  I'm not knocking ETH, just makes one wonder about third party exchanges and exactly what the BitShares project is trying to fix.  Please do not turn my question into a ETH or BTS subject, simply asking about a third party exchange and the potential for another "willy" bot.

https://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/

Offline Tuck Fheman

diving to fast is not appropriate either   :P

Logs indicate that you placed an order to sell 0.02560000 ETH at a price of 500.00000000 BTC instead of an order to sell 500 ETH at a price of 0.02560000 BTC.

Slow down my man. Glass breaks easily. ;)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
all crypto is rising against a common foe. embrace eth's rise as your own, even if not invested.

Well said. Crypto rise is good for us - the ones who believe in the liberation from the central controlled fiat systems.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The ETH BTS refugees are spiking BTS ETH right now.

ftfy ;)

diving to fast is not appropriate either   :P

Offline werneo

• View Profile
ETH on Chinese exchange chbtc.com

https://www.chbtc.com/news/show-1312-proclamation

There are unsubstantiated rumors that OKCoin is next.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
Snip

bro do u even eth? ;)

seeing eth go moon should be welcomed and cheered by all cryptos. it's good for everyone. only the fearful, un-hedged or fiat chasing sheep who feel like they are "missing out" on a payday would discourage such a rise from another crypto-platform.

at least that's how i see it. not firing shots, just making an observation. all crypto is rising against a common foe. embrace eth's rise as your own, even if not invested.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+