Author Topic: [BLOG POST] - Casper Review  (Read 5254 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
.. This constant dumping isn't going to make any newbie want to come in and buy anything.
Not sure we want "newbies" that don't understand the tech to buy into BTS .. do we?
I'd rather have investors that are well informed and understand the implications and possibilities ..
IMHO it is this way that will make an organic growth ... </opinion>

Newbies = new money.  New investors can be classified as newbies at some point.

If the hottest project in crypto is cut by 2/3 from the opening price with days, that won't inspire confidence in any investors.  Rising or stable market caps will gain outside coverage.  So far there has only been a total of 4billion dollars floating around crypto.  That number hasn't changed much over this year.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
.. This constant dumping isn't going to make any newbie want to come in and buy anything.
Not sure we want "newbies" that don't understand the tech to buy into BTS .. do we?
I'd rather have investors that are well informed and understand the implications and possibilities ..
IMHO it is this way that will make an organic growth ... </opinion>

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Wow money is just fleeing crypto... I believe a strong ethereum would be more helpful to bts.  This constant dumping isn't going to make any newbie want to come in and buy anything.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Wow! ethereum market cap dropped from $160M to $80M after your post! A 50% decline in one day!  :P
I hope we witness the same increase next time you post something... for bitshares   :D

that  would be awesome;)
http://bytemaster.github.io/2015/08/08/Review-of-Casper-Ethereums-proposed-Proof-of-Stake-Algorithm/

It's down almost another 50% from the 50% yesterday.

Still hasn't hit bottom.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline twitter

• View Profile
Wow! ethereum market cap dropped from $160M to $80M after your post! A 50% decline in one day!  :P
I hope we witness the same increase next time you post something... for bitshares   :D

that  would be awesome;)
http://bytemaster.github.io/2015/08/08/Review-of-Casper-Ethereums-proposed-Proof-of-Stake-Algorithm/
witness:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Market cap has nothing to do with tech.  See doge.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one.

@ghost: no one knows how to do distributed consensus correctly. Or, stated differently, all consensus schemes achieve a different consensus with different criteria.

Thats why we also state that bts is not democratic and we can live with it bexlcause it need not be as a business

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Market cap has nothing to do with tech.  See doge.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ghost.teller

• View Profile
Only Delegated Proof of Stake ensures that all stakeholders have their opinion included in an economically viable manner.
He can cast his opinion but the message sounded too assertive to me.
Judging by the market cap, the consensus algorithm of Bitshares is not superior to others'.
So I thought it is arrogant.
Or the assertion really is correct and the market cap ... ??

Offline mint chocolate chip

Casper the friendly ghost
The friendliest ghost you know
Though grown ups might look in anger and fright
The children all love him so

Casper the friendly ghost
He couldn't be bad or mean
He'll romp and play, sing and dance all day
The friendliest ghost you've seen

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Anyone worried about how arrogant Bitshares' Bytemaster will be conceived of by public?
s/bytemaster/vitalik/?!

why shouldnt bm cast his opinion? Everyone doea and should do so!
if i had the time and knowledge it would cast my opinion more publically too

Offline ghost.teller

• View Profile
Anyone worried about how arrogant Bitshares' Bytemaster will be conceived of by public?

Offline Pheonike

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You cannot really build an asic that runs a turing complete algorithm as efficiently as hashing asics .. you NEED a general-purpose architecture

I dont know what the possibility is but, you can build a 256bit general purpose turing machine with additional casper specific instruction set.
Yes .. but it will never be as efficient as a "stupid" that only computes hashes .. You need more instructions to be Turing complete ..
That's all I wanted to say

Offline lakerta06

You cannot really build an asic that runs a turing complete algorithm as efficiently as hashing asics .. you NEED a general-purpose architecture

I dont know what the possibility is but, you can build a 256bit general purpose turing machine with additional casper specific instruction set.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH