Author Topic: What is Bitshares really doing marketing wise?  (Read 7751 times)

BitEnthusiast

Also i want to add .. idk why people thinking that UI/UX and CI design is just a marketing instrument .. IMO this is a seperate section ...
and should not just get included under the marketing section..

I disagree. Would you agree or disagree that if you visit a web page that is hard to navigate, load slowly, and looks visually unappealing that it would be bad for user experience? Or that a UI that's not easy, efficient, or enjoyable when operating a machine or a computer is not user friendly?  UI/UX is a marketing tool IMO.

"Marketing is a form of communication between you and your customers/consumers with the goal of selling your product or service to them."

Bad UI/UX means bad communication.

I don't know why you are complaining about the GUI when 2.0 with a brand new interface is set to be released in less than a month.  Are you complaining about the current GUI or have you used/tested the new 2.0 version?

Also look at the limewallet that was just released.  It's beautiful and very responsive.

The graphene user interface snapshots still look outdated to me imho. And no I haven't seen the limewallet. Can you post some snapshots? Do not get User Experience mixed up with User Interface, while the GUI might be responsive (UX) and may be beautiful (UI) consumers and costumers may disagree. The objective is to appeal to all users, not just the Bitshares community and be easy enough to use for a 10 year old. I know that without a finished product it's hard to work on these things.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:40:28 pm by BitEnthusiast »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Also i want to add .. idk why people thinking that UI/UX and CI design is just a marketing instrument .. IMO this is a seperate section ...

I disagree. Would you agree or disagree that if you visit a web page that is hard to navigate, load slowly, and looks visually unappealing that it would be bad for user experience? Or that a UI that's not easy, efficient, or enjoyable when operating a machine or a computer is not user friendly?  UI/UX is a marketing tool IMO.

"Marketing is a form of communication between you and your customers/consumers with the goal of selling your product or service to them."

I don't know why you are complaining about the GUI when 2.0 with a brand new interface is set to be released in less than a month.  Are you complaining about the current GUI or have you used/tested the new 2.0 version?

Also look at the limewallet that was just released.  It's beautiful and very responsive.

BitEnthusiast

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Welcome BitEnthusiast,

welcome on board! Feel free to contribute your ideas!
I would love to see some references of what you think what's cutting edge design!

Also i would love to add .. if i would be able to contribute like i want to .. BitShares would have another suit ... just said ..
Eager to see your ideas
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:42:49 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

BitEnthusiast

You seem to be an expert in graphic design.. why not make a contribution with an updated design? I am sure there will be a decent bounty for it.

I'm not really an expert in graphic design, but as a millennial I do know what's in. I don't have any experience designing websites, mobile applications, or coding, but I do have a vision of what I think Bitshares should look like. Just look at your everyday websites and mobile apps that you use. I am a creative person though, so I naturally pay attention to detail and have an eye for what's visually appealing.

BitShares has a long (and, some would say, tortured) history with branding and marketing. It's been tough to sell this, or even come up with a website that tells the story accurately, when the product keeps evolving and when there hasn't really even been a full product yet. We've burnt out a number of very good marketing folks, some of whom were better fits than others. A couple of them still make occasional cameos on the forum and I hope we'll hear from them again when the launch gets closer, but there may well be room for additional help from someone with your background/interests. As for graphic design, talk to @cass, who is the long-suffering master of logos and designs.

Lol I will talk to @Cass. I do believe I know what direction to head in as far as design, ui/ux, and branding. I definitely understand what you mean when it comes to having a full product to work with.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
BitShares has a long (and, some would say, tortured) history with branding and marketing. It's been tough to sell this, or even come up with a website that tells the story accurately, when the product keeps evolving and when there hasn't really even been a full product yet. We've burnt out a number of very good marketing folks, some of whom were better fits than others. A couple of them still make occasional cameos on the forum and I hope we'll hear from them again when the launch gets closer, but there may well be room for additional help from someone with your background/interests. As for graphic design, talk to @cass, who is the long-suffering master of logos and designs.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

You seem to be an expert in graphic design.. why not make a contribution with an updated design? I am sure there will be a decent bounty for it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

BitEnthusiast

I've been looking at the Bitshares logo, the website UX (user experience design), the website UI (user interface design), and the Bitshares identity. IMHO everything looks as if it was made in 2005. What is Bitshares doing marketing wise?

I've been looking on Behance at web design, branding, ux/ui design etc., and I honestly believe that everything looks outdated compared to what I've seen. For mass adoption I think we need to start a marketing campaign, and that our identity needs to be up to date with the times. I also believe our software UX/UI should be updated.

Our users need to feel as if they're using the latest applications, websites, mobile apps, and todays mobile sites that todays technology has to offer. I don't want to feel as if I took a trip 10 years back when browsing the web, browsing mobile sites, using mobile apps, or software.

I think this is detrimental to Bitshares identity and future if we do not take this into considerstion. I've started a Twitter account @btsmarketer to promote Bitshares to everyday people, but I feel like Bitshares identity is not up to par with todays standards and that could scare off what could be new users of Bitshares. I know that Bitshares is technology of the future, but our identity is simply of the past.