Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 8 - IDentabit Will Sharedrop on BitShares Community  (Read 26508 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
if anyone wonders how much they are sharedroping you can find it here http://identabit.com/docs/IDentabitAnnouncementIDentabitCryptonomex.pdf

spoiler: 40%

It's a healthy amount of the initial distribution which I think makes up 50% of the total.

I see they've also allocated equity for strategic partners & I think the quality of those partnerships will determine how credible it could be.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:44:39 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Awesome.

Good move to focus on being a currency to compete with Bitcoin rather than the exchange aspect. Ripple has got to be the main competitor for bank-friendly crypto, and they really play down their coin to push settlement of other currencies / commodities, so this way you're not competing head on with them.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Exactly - if there is gonna be a race on something like this - we might as well have a horse (and a stake) in it.

:)

I agree.  Its good to have our answer to ripple and whatever fedcoin governments try to create.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Exactly - if there is gonna be a race on something like this - we might as well have a horse (and a stake) in it.

:)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Question: Is this sharedrop going to be coordinated with exchanges like CCEDK, Btc38, and Poloniex?  Or can we only get the sharedrop if we withdraw to personal wallet? 
Need to know if I will have to withdraw trading positions at some point.

Those details will come out with the usual notice when everything is ready.

Our team is focused on the BitShares 2.0 release right now. 
Underwood has just begun his campaign with this announcement.

There are miles to go before the drop.
This is just the opening salvo to start the controversial eyeball catching debate.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bobmaloney

+5%

ANNOUNCEMENT 8 - TL;DR:

That’s a tall order and may be the crypto equivalent of Icarus flying too close to the sun.

However, there are already several groups positioning themselves to be an IDentabit competitor, so I would much rather gamble on the winner of this game include the bitshares community and our ideologues vs. their "pragmatists".

This also makes it so much important for something like bitshares (with fully functional privacy and somewhat attainable anonymity) to succeed parallel to allow for and function as a lifeboat when the worst does eventually happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR3fD5YyN3g

:o

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Question: Is this sharedrop going to be coordinated with exchanges like CCEDK, Btc38, and Poloniex?  Or can we only get the sharedrop if we withdraw to personal wallet? 
Need to know if I will have to withdraw trading positions at some point.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline phillyguy

+5%

I wonder who this team is comprised of. Any devs we would know?

Pretty refreshing to read an announcement from Stan with zero hyperbole in it too.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It's a different chain .. and they chose to sharedrop on BTS .. don't see a point in selling you BTS on that announcement ..

I was only half kidding. I had very little BTS on the exchange and actually trying to sync my wallet and moving BTS to the exchange to sell is quite a mission.

But I had moved a reasonable amount of BTC onto the exchange in case I wanted to buy the news. But this isn't news that makes me buy at this stage.

The concept is interesting and the website looks decent. At first glance I don't know how you'd compete with the deeper pockets of large players in the identity based blockchain market.

Yeah I dont know how people are going to react to the anti-anonymity chain. 

I expect newmine to do his best to turn this into something he can attack us with.

True.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:57:04 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Sharedrops are great though, I love to see announcements of BTS getting sharedrops.

Oh don't you worry, I'm sure the sharedrop will be neatly divided among PTS, AGS, BTS, Brownie, Note, PTS 2.0, Brownie.PTS, DevShares...

:P

But really, does the ann specify that BTS is specifically getting the drop? I'm not seeing it anywhere...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It's a different chain .. and they chose to sharedrop on BTS .. don't see a point in selling you BTS on that announcement ..

Never underestimate newmine's ability to turn an announcement into a reason for peopel to sell BTS! :P

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Sold the bad news first!

Lol! :)

Yeah I dont know how people are going to react to the anti-anonymity chain. 

I expect newmine to do his best to turn this into something he can attack us with.

Sharedrops are great though, I love to see announcements of BTS getting sharedrops.

The best part of the announcement is that more people are doing share drops on BTS... I think the actual idea is a non starter (especially because there is already competition by SETL) but I'll look at the positives with people dropping on BTS.