Author Topic: [ANN] IDentabit Announcement  (Read 29256 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Just having skimmed over it real quick. Will read it in more depth. But I am exited :)

Any snaphots dates known yet (for the various sharedrop targets)?
One more question apart from the above: Could there be the chance that it would help legal compliance if stakeholders in the idenibit chain (identibit holders) were are also all public?

Check out identabit.com and you'll see it's just as much about privacy as identity.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Just having skimmed over it real quick. Will read it in more depth. But I am exited :)

One more question apart from the above: Could there be the chance that it would help legal compliance if stakeholders in the idenibit chain (identibit holders) were are also all public?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
How will you determine "those identified as constructive contributors to Bitshares betterment"?

Thanks!

Brownies ;)

And just like that brownies have value. If more of us develop our own point systems then if we are in a position to give back to the community we will know who to favor.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Good job, I agree with the direction of this.
I'm reviewing it but so far 10 out of 10.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This announcement is terrific. Welcome to IDentabit!

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I feel Anonymity was the one thing that was holding people in crypto together.  Now this is going to split the community as we have already seen from Erlich Bachman.  Divide and conquer.

Mere mortals like myself who have nothing to hide will no doubt give up privacy for convenience, especially in a level playing field where nobody has any advantages.  We just want ease of use.  I would take us the rest of our lives to learn what you already know about computers.  It's just a sad fact.  I want to be able to appeal to a community if Mark Kerpeles steals from thousands of us at once.  There is strength in numbers and I like communities for that reason.  This "every man for himself is responsible if they get their coins lost or stolen" is only cool if you are up for the technical challenge which me and my burn out hippie friends are obviously not.  WE need help from communities like IDentistBit
You say this is like a Trojan Horse to the banks, but you are allotting the majority of your funds to "strategic partners"... Investors don't give a shit about anything but making money.  Building a Trojan Horse to take down banks is on the opposite end of their ideological spectrum.

It is a trojan horse to "banking control" not "banking profits"

In essence banks can sell their "control" for "profits" if they integrate.  And depending on which bankers you ask exactly, I'm sure you will get different results from Joe Banker than you would get from Joe Rothschild if you asked him weather or not he wanted to integrate his local branch:

http://247wallst.com/banking-finance/2015/05/29/a-new-wave-of-bank-layoffs-with-more-to-come/
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What is your timeline?  SETL already has 100k transactions per second and are moving quickly to start processing orders on the Canadian exchanges.

I feel Anonymity was the one thing that was holding people in crypto together.  Now this is going to split the community as we have already seen from Erlich Bachman.  Divide and conquer.

You say this is like a Trojan Horse to the banks, but you are allotting the majority of your funds to "strategic partners"... Investors don't give a shit about anything but making money.  Building a Trojan Horse to take down banks is on the opposite end of their ideological spectrum.

I get the "Rah Rah, we are doing this for bitshares!" thing, but it seems like a facade so that we go along with the idea.  I'm all for making money and my bank account hopes this is tremendously successful, but until there is a real plan for converting people to freedom and privacy this just looks like another version of SETL or Ripple.
Regulations are a fact.

The best shot is to make a system mainstream that is compatible with all regulations and which allows to easily switch to a similar system (bitshares) with privacy if needed. If users are familiar with identabit they get easily familiar with bitshares and can easily acquires it.

BTW, privacy is nothing illigal. It is just that regulations require non privacy for SOME types of transaction (financial transactions, especially above a certain amount etc.). By privacy I mean here that no one (also no government agency etc) can see what/how much you transact.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:01:56 am by delulo »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What is your timeline?  SETL already has 100k transactions per second and are moving quickly to start processing orders on the Canadian exchanges.

I get the "Rah Rah, we are doing this for bitshares!" thing, but it seems like a facade so that we go along with the idea.  I'm all for making money and my bank account hopes this is tremendously successful, but until there is a real plan for converting people to freedom and privacy this just looks like another version of SETL or Ripple.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

Very cool- looking forward to more IDentabit news!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
This is an exceptionally eloquent proposal with a satisfyingly dense concept to word ratio. I've lately come to a some similar conclusions.....network effect is everything and it's not happening. If the banks do blockchain tech better, their systems (when they eventually catch up) will win due to the apathy/truth deficit of the majority.

As long as the governance architecture resists any and all attempts to corrupt, coerce or otherwise subvert the network rules from which consensus is derived,  then I'm very much interested and will do all I can to help accomplish your goals and the ultimate goal of a truly civilized society.  +5%

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Wow, more people talking about their personal stake of brownies rather than the philosophical uniqueness of this idea (fucking disgusting).  Who cares how they are distributed.  I don't have any brownies and could give a fuck less.  You and I are free to buy in or get out now STFU about it and celebrate this revolutionary idea:

a "big brother blockchain" where little sister can also spy on big brother

Imagine a world where politicians are held to the same legal standards as you and I

No privacy = nobody gets away with crimes anytime ever. If somebody steals your coins and it's obvious who did it.  The community votes to return them and it is done.  JUSTICE

What other coin besides Ripple is not afraid to freeze funds or return lost or stolen coins (one of bitcoins main problems)?

So now everyone who likes the Ripple model, can now live in a world where their vote counts towards who can participate and who gets their coins frozen!

So now, when a government steals (confiscates) someone's coins, we can vote to reimburse the victim because that victim's identity is what gives them rights to own property.  Welcome to the revolution, and the irony is that this trojan horse is just what the governments have been screaming for, but what they don't realize is that they will be held to the same high personal integrity standards as everyone else.  The community is in control of the confiscation mechanism, not a centralized entity.

So now when a theft or crime occurs, you can make an appeal to the coin community.  Good luck asking the CEO of bitcoin to return your Mt Gox coins.  Or asking the CEO of Ripple a similar request.

I for one am sold on this particular DPOS chain.  I can barely sync my wallet now and have no faith in my technical ability to secure my own coins.  I want to live in a world where all I have to do is say that I am who I am and instantly have access to all I own.  Fuckthat private key multisig brain wallet paper printed backyard burried paranoid lifestyle.  I want to be free from oppression and theft.  Now I can leave my coins in private exchanges again because if MyGox happens again, then we can get them back this time.  I want IDentabit
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:02:19 am by cass »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

sumantso

BM told me you had been paid sumantso, so he probably just typoed your account name, if it is true that you did not get any.

As I have mentioned earlier, my concern is independent of my personal brownie pt holdings. If you see my post above you will see what the issue is IMO (I raised it since the first day). Anyways this is not the topic for that discussion.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I might have got some, who knows. I can't get the bloody wallet running.

BM told me you had been paid sumantso, so he probably just typoed your account name, if it is true that you did not get any. From what I have seen so far BM has sent to everyone who has asked, even those who are critical of BitShares. If there is a bias in the giving out of brownie points it is because some people are too shy to ask or speak up about the things they have done. I PM'ed all hero members with some intensity a while back to mitigate this effect, encouraging people to speak up. I suggest we leave this aside, talk more in PM or start another thread if we want to discuss this further. Identabit is the proper topic here and it would be unfortunate to derail this announcement by only focusing on this issue.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:29:59 pm by CLains »

sumantso

Great announcement, and thanks for sharedropping. However,

How will you determine "those identified as constructive contributors to Bitshares betterment"?

Thanks!

Dan's Brownie Points

puts a serious dampener on the good news. You should rename it then; calling it as Active BS Community (btw, BS :P) is unfair and harsh on those who contribute but for whatever reasons are not favoured.

I'm hopeful that no matter your holding small or large their is a win in this for you. This is the beginning of a long journey and IDentabit will have the opportunity in its own way to thank people, so let's focus on the winning the battle so we everyone gets something of something rather than thinking about something of nothing.

I support your endeavor and its a brilliant piece of news, but I don't like you saying that brownieless members are inactive/non-contributing.

did you ask for any brownies on the announcement thred, and not get any? or are you just talking on an assumption?

I might have got some, who knows. I can't get the bloody wallet running.

But thats beside the point,  with brownie points being so expensive, it was at the back of my head while posting stuff about CNX and wallet. I went ahead and posted anyway, but I wonder if I will continue doing so in the future, or how many others have already compromised.

This place was already an echo chamber as at every time some thread opened everyone rushed to put +1 rather than judge critically (check the recent BANX announcement, for instance). Brownie pts are only going to exacerbate the problem.

Anyways, we are going off-topic. So identabit, huh? My first impression was of a toothpaste recommended by dentists for extra sensitive teeth, gums (not the regular toothpaste) :D