Author Topic: Vested Balance and BTER  (Read 4381 times)

sumantso

I was almost out of here, but I had  a chat with the Bter support on QQ and they are still confused so wanted to post this.

"The dev may send us an emai about it, or give us a link to the forum for the official announcement" - Bter Support

So if anyone from CNX can get in touch with them, or post somewhere on the forum which I can show them that will be great.

Its a separate discussion, but it might be  a good idea to release all the vested balances on 2.0 launch. It will give everyone a chance of a fresh start (all those who doesn't want to rely on exchanges anymore), and the inflation should get absorbed by the pump following the new release hype.

In addition, I pitched them NOTES and DVS and they are considering adding it now. If a few of you can request that then it will make the case stronger.

Disclaimer: I don't have any vested BTS on Bter, but I do have NOTES and DVS waiting to be redeemed.

sumantso

I was chatting with their support just now asking why are the vested BTS not being credited. They seem to believe that if they claim it before 2 years they will lose an amount proportional to how early they are claiming. While I am sure that is not the case I am unable to find the documentation. Does anyone have a link handy?

The BTER support needs to be pestered to get things done; I bugged them regularly a few weeks back when withdrawals were stopped before they finally got their devs on it :D

EDIT:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares/blob/master/docs/claiming-vested-balances.md

To claim what has vested so far:

Conclusive enough to me but they would need more for convincing.

EDIT2:
You can also try "wallet_account_vesting_balances" for details on how much you have claimed so far and how much is left.

That should do it.

Found toast's response. Lets see if I can bug them enough to make them do it. Locking the topic.

I would wait for 2 -3 days since kind of afraid tomorrow's huge amounts of bts released on a single day......

What are you talking about?

Vested balance.

Oh right. Do you think we could see a dump tomorrow?

Well let's see...I believe the vesting period began on 11/5/14, right? Two and a half months. And the vesting is for a period of 2 years...which means approx. 52,083,333 of the 500,000,000 new BTS will be unlocked at once. I can't imagine everyone is going to claim all at once, and I'm sure plenty of people will want to hold it...

But yea, there may be a small dump going on.

Maybe we should wait a year for BTS to get solid footing before unlocking the balances?  :P

Why would any of the 52 mm be dumped?  I thought it was a penalty, where if you transfer, you lose the a certain percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No penalty.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:31:04 am by sumantso »