Author Topic: What is the focus of BitShares now?  (Read 14998 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
So what I'm hearing is BitShares: Life, Liberty and Property. Why not chat with Glenn Beck? This seems to overlap with the Blaze network's core message.

The Blaze is not what you want Bitshares associated with from a marketing perspective. On the other hand Life, Liberty and Property is difficult to disagree with because they are American principles and considered to be natural rights.

Generally though I would favor avoiding the philosophical discussion in public and force on marketnig Bitshares like you would market Linux, or a financial tool.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
@Empirical
Nice reply, most complete up until now imo  +5%

It seems to me that the focus now is on becoming profitable, so that we can survive, continue to develop, and then grow strong to achieve Bitshares goals for the future.

If a potential investor asks what BitShares is about or aims to do and you answer "to be profitable", his knowledge of BitShares will be the same he had before asking that same question. That answers nothing. It's every companies' objective to be profitable.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

IOHKCharles

Because he's a Masonic shill?

Is his audience?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
It seems to me that the focus now is on becoming profitable, so that we can survive, continue to develop, and then grow strong to achieve Bitshares goals for the future.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
Why not chat with Glenn Beck?

Because he's a Masonic shill? 

;)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The purpose of Bitshares is to secure life, liberty and property for all. How? By using technology to decentralise the power of money, to codify a digital constitution with consensus forming the backbone of its governance. Why? To ensure the network is resistant to corruption over time, enabling a participant to resist theft or censorship.

I think that's the philosophical part. Most didn't give a direct and concise answer. What services does BitShares provide? What is BitShares about? If we can't explain that how can we hope to attract new people'? Ben, I appreciate your posts and although I get you, an investor won't care at all about most of what you just said.

NuShares and Nubits aims to provide stable cryptocurrency pegged to the US Dollar.

BitShares aims to ??? The best I can come up with at the moment is BitShares is a platform which allows for development of financial tools via smartcontracts. Dunno if that's the most correct option. However, even if it is, "financial tools" is a term too relative. I think I can't explain too well but from what I've seen neither did most people in this thread. So the question here is what will those smartcontracts be based on?

Before it was easier. I could say BitShares is a decentralized exchange but now seems to be way more than that and people may have a difficult time trying to understand the concept.

BitShares focus right now should be pretty much on exactly what the developers are doing. They've developed a pretty comprehensive BTS 2.0 package and partnerships. The only thing I would advise is to limit any major changes or participation in other non BTS partnerships till 2.0 is released and often reiterate their commitment to BitShares for the medium term to maximise market confidence.

Regards 'BitShares Aims to...'

BitShares aims to be the market leader in crypto-backed derivatives as well as related products and services.

Store your funds in $, €, ¥, Au or Ag in a fast, easy to use, globally accessible wallet thereby offering a service that's more private and secure than a Swiss Bank Account. https://moonstone.io/

Trade shares, indices, currencies and commodities on a fast, reliable decentralised exchange thereby competing with notoriously risky centralised exchanges  http://www.coindesk.com/45-percent-of-bitcoin-exchanges-fail-study-finds/ & perhaps even one day making the NYSE obsolete http://www.maxkeiser.com/2015/07/bitshares-nyse/

Spend funds easily online or via the NanoCard, a versatile, global & anonymous BitAsset enabled debit card
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/07/16/is-the-nanocard-bitcoins-killer-app-can-it-transform-the-global-remittance-market/

’A new generation of 2.0 coins – ‘SmartCoins’ – will become available as funding options for the NanoCard over the coming months. It means users will be able store their funds in cryptocurrencies pegged to the Euro, US dollar, Chinese Renminbi (CNY), silver as well as gold – and converted only at the time of use.

"It’s like having your savings, checking, and trading accounts in the palm of your hand, accessible from anywhere in the world – with dramatically lower fees than banks and exchanges have ever been able to offer.’

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:33:06 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

IOHKCharles

So what I'm hearing is BitShares: Life, Liberty and Property. Why not chat with Glenn Beck? This seems to overlap with the Blaze network's core message.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
The purpose of Bitshares is to secure life, liberty and property for all. How? By using technology to decentralise the power of money, to codify a digital constitution with consensus forming the backbone of its governance. Why? To ensure the network is resistant to corruption over time, enabling a participant to resist theft or censorship.

I think that's the philosophical part. Most didn't give a direct and concise answer. What services does BitShares provide? What is BitShares about? If we can't explain that how can we hope to attract new people'? Ben, I appreciate your posts and although I get you, an investor won't care at all about most of what you just said.

NuShares and Nubits aims to provide stable cryptocurrency pegged to the US Dollar.

BitShares aims to ??? The best I can come up with at the moment is BitShares is a platform which allows for development of financial tools via smartcontracts. Dunno if that's the most correct option. However, even if it is, "financial tools" is a term too relative. I think I can't explain too well but from what I've seen neither did most people in this thread. So the question here is what will those smartcontracts be based on?

Before it was easier. I could say BitShares is a decentralized exchange but now seems to be way more than that and people may have a difficult time trying to understand the concept.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The focus is still on being a decentralized exchange. The update is to increase long-term autonomy, decentralization, scalability and customization.

With regard to the dispute, it is a fallacy to derive personal characteristics from political/economical views.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I have to tell the people that bytemaster and his philosophy is good, also the software, but that the community is mostly selfish, non-charity, pennyfaces who pretend to be anarchists but are only in for the money.

+5%

+5%

IIRC cass you also invested in the ETHER IPO & then you immediately dumped all of it for a 1000% profit.
I think that's absolutely fine, but from their communities perspective you might be the epitome of someone who didn't contribute at all and was only in it for the money. (When obviously we know from you great contributions to crypto through BTS that's not the case at all and that would be an unfair judgement.)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
wow... +5% +5% +5% to Empirical..That was a very good summary of the whole situation.

Before I park myself here I was in 20 different communities and I was doing profitable trading with 20 different coins all the time.
People and Devs of this community kept me here despite all my huge losses with BTS. This community is by far the best out there and I really think that we have the less greedy people out there...

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

It can all come together in 2.0 though, we should get great software that can be promoted by our great community.

+5%

I think the community is great and I think the developers have done a great job with 2.0 too. I really think it could all come together.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I have to tell the people that bytemaster and his philosophy is good, also the software, but that the community is mostly selfish, non-charity, pennyfaces who pretend to be anarchists but are only in for the money.

+5%

+5%

Really Cass, you too? The Software is good & the community sucks? Are you a shareholder in CNX?

The current wallet is the hardest to use in crypto & the community has diluted themselves more than any other in crypto & BTS has underperformed more than any crypto in the top 10 the last 12 months

When they started PTS the community supported them, when they said that wasn't enough, the community said OK to AGS. When BM said I'm considering moving to VOTE before 1.0, BTSX gave up 20% for a merger to become the sole focus. When AGS ran out and dilution was needed, they gave that. When they said we've formed CNX to profit from the toolkit, private blockchain opportunities and some decentralised ones that don't directly compete with BTS. The community stayed.

Look at the massive list of contributions people have made in the brownie PTS thread not expecting a reward at the time.

I really think there's a small group that have twisted reality to justify selfish actions and failures by somehow saying the community is too blame as well as trying to stereotype that community when it's made up of an incredibly diverse global group of varying backgrounds and beliefs.

I disagree so much.  The community is strong, but the 0.x version software wasnt good, and that is one of the main things that hurt us.  That and changing things too many times and diluting.

It can all come together in 2.0 though, we should get great software that can be promoted by our great community.

+5%

Ridiculous that anyone can complain about the BTS community at this point. Obviously some people are just in it for the money but where won't you find people like that? And who says there's anything inherently wrong about being profit-motivated, anyway?

Can't judge an entire group of people based on the thoughts/actions of a few.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

+5%

+5%

I disagree so much.  The community is strong, but the 0.x version software wasnt good, and that is one of the main things that hurt us.  That and changing things too many times and diluting.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

+5%

+5%

Really Cass, you too? The Software is good & the community sucks? Are you a shareholder in CNX?

The current wallet is the hardest to use/problematic in crypto. The community has diluted themselves more times than any crypto & in the last year BTS has lost more than any crypto in the top 10.

When they started PTS the community supported them, when they said that wasn't enough, the community said OK to AGS. When BM said I'm considering moving to VOTE before 1.0, BTSX gave up 20% for a merger to become the sole focus. When AGS ran out and dilution was needed, they gave that. When they said we've formed CNX to profit from the toolkit, private blockchain opportunities and some decentralised ones that don't directly compete with BTS. The community stayed.

Look at the massive list of contributions people have made in the brownie PTS thread not expecting a reward at the time.

I really think there's a small group that have twisted reality to justify selfish actions and failures by somehow saying the community is to blame as well as trying to stereotype that community when it's made up of an incredibly diverse global group of varying backgrounds and beliefs & most excluding myself are positive contributors and shareholders.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:47:48 pm by Empirical1.2 »