Author Topic: BTS in Bisq what do you think?  (Read 5341 times)

Offline severo

• View Profile
Yes. It's a very nice application. It is great to be able to acquire BTC without anyone being able to prohibit that operation or steal your funds.

BTS is currently listed on Poloniex, but tomorrow Poloniex may have disappeared with all funds, reducing to nothing the P2P concept of bitshares. I do not know if you see the problem.

Or tomorrow morning Open Ledger could be banned or subjected to stringent regulations. What, then, would the P2P concept of Bitshares serve? Where could you buy or sell BTS?

Poloniex or Bittrex can be subjected to DDos attacks and you can suffer serious losses in trading. They can be hacked (and in fact they have been hacked).

An exchange P2P Fiat is something essential, although it is not the most used option, but it is essential.

Bisq uses 2-of-3 multisig addresses. This means three public keys are used to create the payment address (the buyer’s, seller’s, and arbitrator’s), and the transaction must be signed by two parties for the funds to be released. A typical trade takes place when the buyer and seller sign the transaction to release the funds to the appropriate party. But in case of a dispute, the arbitrator will side with either the buyer or seller, and these two parties’ keys will release the funds to the appropriate party.

Bisq..
  does not hold any bitcoins. All are held in multisignature addresses rather than a Bisq-controlled wallet.
  does not hold any national currency. National currency is transferred directly from one trader to the other.
  uses a Peer-to-Peer network over Tor. This means there are no servers to be hacked or DDoS’d.
  does not know the traders. No data is stored on who trades with whom.
  does not require registration. This means privacy is maintained, there are no “approval” wait times, and identity theft becomes impossible.
  does not operate its arbitration system – traders themselves choose from an open and decentralized market of arbitrators.
  is not a company. It is an open source project aiming to organize as a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
  Bisq is self-funded by the efforts of its volunteers and contributions of donors.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:29:30 pm by erizo »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Yes, but it is only possible to change with BTC, can not be bought or sold with FIATdirectly. I propose that you can buy and sell BTS or BitUSD with FIAT, just as you can do with BTC or DASH. That's the most valuable feature in a P2P exchange. For this we would have to integrate the wallet into bisq.

did they change that? well, one reason less to use bisq ever again. it's just an order book anyways, we could probably add same functionality to BTS, if there was demand

P2p fiat ramp is absolutely cool and I am sure there would be plenty of demand if it was working properly. It is not just an order book, it is an escrow service too. Would be fantastic to have same functionality in BTS.

agree, escrow functionality would be very cool

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Yes, but it is only possible to change with BTC, can not be bought or sold with FIATdirectly. I propose that you can buy and sell BTS or BitUSD with FIAT, just as you can do with BTC or DASH. That's the most valuable feature in a P2P exchange. For this we would have to integrate the wallet into bisq.

did they change that? well, one reason less to use bisq ever again. it's just an order book anyways, we could probably add same functionality to BTS, if there was demand

P2p fiat ramp is absolutely cool and I am sure there would be plenty of demand if it was working properly. It is not just an order book, it is an escrow service too. Would be fantastic to have same functionality in BTS.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
No, it did not change, it always worked like that, you just could change BTC for FIAT. New features have now been added, LTC and DASH can be exchanged for FIAT directly.

Bisq is more complicated than a book of orders. There are no operational P2P exchanges that integrate FIAT and work well. Tell me which. I think it would be a great idea to make that implementation and could provide a useful gateway for FIAT with BitUSD and BTS and which can not be controlled or prohibited by third parties

there is no fiat "integration". it's just an order book. don't make it sound like it's complicated or something please.

Offline severo

• View Profile
No, it did not change, it always worked like that, you just could change BTC for FIAT. New features have now been added, LTC and DASH can be exchanged for FIAT directly.

Bisq is more complicated than a book of orders. There are no operational P2P exchanges that integrate FIAT and work well. Tell me which. I think it would be a great idea to make that implementation and could provide a useful gateway for FIAT with BitUSD and BTS and which can not be controlled or prohibited by third parties
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:32:45 am by erizo »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline severo

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
last time I used bitsquare, there was bitshares and bitusd in

Offline severo

• View Profile
Hi all,

The exchange P2P Bisq https://bitsquare.io/ integrates BTC LTC DOGE and DASH as base currency.

The DASH integration whit Bisq was done by DASH devs.

I think it would be a great idea to integrate the bitshares wallet with Bisq. It would be possible to exchange FIAT and BitUSD or FIAT and BTS in a full P2P environment, something that does not exist now. It would also provide greater liquidity to these assets.

what do you think?