Author Topic: Trading keys.  (Read 1846 times)

clout

I don't want to over complicate all the sets of private keys that an account can have but I was wondering if it would be possible to have an account that has permission to make market transactions but can not make withdrawals from an account.

This will not help, and very easy to bypass, attacker can just buy some stupid assets at high price from yourself using your BTS, etc.
PS: It's already was happened for some centralized exchanges where attacker get access to account without withdraw permissions.

That could only happen in illiquid markets. The market permissions would have to be specified as well.

Offline testz

I don't want to over complicate all the sets of private keys that an account can have but I was wondering if it would be possible to have an account that has permission to make market transactions but can not make withdrawals from an account.

This will not help, and very easy to bypass, attacker can just buy some stupid assets at high price from yourself using your BTS, etc.
PS: It's already was happened for some centralized exchanges where attacker get access to account without withdraw permissions.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I asked that question in github already ..
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/218
It seems it's not available yet .. for some reasons .. that can be fixed ...

let's keep banging on that feature .. This could bring in quite some liquidity!!!

clout