Author Topic: BitUSD on/off: amazon wish lists  (Read 3380 times)

zerosum

OK let me try to see if I am in the way of getting it.

VOTE (and KeyID) got really exiting because they can do the following:

-I log in my VOTE/KeyID client. I go on Amazon from there and I decide that I am ready to buy 'something-something'. I 'post' (in the VOTE/KeyID client) that I am willing to pay for that purchase with bitUSD (also sating that I am ready to pay 0.5% fee to the hard cash payer).

-Somebody else logged in the VOTE/KeyID client, sees all parties willing to purchase something using bitUSD (as well as the  'devotion' rating of their account  :) ); They chose a transaction, lock it (for 10-15 min, lets say) and make the actual payment for that purchase using their $ credit card or $ checking account or whatever source of $).

-Upon confirmation from Amazon that the payment is received, the VOTE/KeyID credits their (the regular currency (hard cash) payer)  account with the amount USD paid + a % they have requested for the service.

Is that close?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:11:50 am by tonyk2 »

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
An amazon buyer pays bitUSD to someone who buys something from amazon with bank / debit card / whatever has lowest exit fee.

It is easy for anybody to become a middleman and make a fixed cut to random people who check out in your web of trust.

"I want this $800 piece of equipment, and I have bitUSD"
"I have USD in my bank and want bitUSD"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

More like I am 5 (as I am, give or take). Who does what?

3rd party starts selling random stuff on Amazon. (Let's call her Rune for now). She takes $ and bitUSD...

I do not know I need more info, please.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
+5% thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline toast

• View Profile
The tools required to make safe transactions (escrow, rep, etc) are already available and will become usable pretty fast. BitUSD<->stuff volume of any kind is good because you can start systematically trying to grow it

Offline toast

• View Profile
You can spend bitUSD on amazon if you are willing to expose what you buy in public.
You can buy bitUSD with a credit card if you are willing to buy random stuff from amazon.

This is an effective on/off ramp that doesn't require a blockchain. Just make a website that sorts requests by fee paid.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
+5% I think we know what you mean, but complete your sentences, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Basic escrow *or* real-world ID check *or* decentralized reputation schemes. Blockchain supports almost everything

Offline toast

• View Profile
Amazon is a universal retailer

BTS is already an effective marketplace DAC in my eyes...