Author Topic: MineBitshares needs a sister website called "EarnBitshares"  (Read 6488 times)

Offline eddyweb

• View Profile
We believe holding Bitcoin exclusively can be a risky investment due to high price volatility. Bitconnect.co has a peer-to-peer lending platform that leverages the power of bitcoin to enable international micro-lending services.

Unlike conventional bitcoin lending platform, Bitconnect has developed an innovative way to lend your bitcoin with minimum risk, where you distribute lending among trusted community members. Defaulting is insured because if any member fails to transfer you bitcoin, you will be assigned a new recovery link from different community members.

https://www.bitconnect.co/learning_center/learningfront/index/2

Offline fuzzy

@CLains @fuzzy @Shentist

We will soon have micropayments? We can do better than Cloud Factory with community support:

We need a worker proposal and crowdsale. Who would like to initiate this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBDa9nhmmc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mjCaQFX4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iN4J5yK3Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_YGkLrYnI

Code exists which can be adapted, demand is growing and going viral will be easy. It introduces people to Bitshares and crypto who really need it. It is global or potential to be.

The code is here: https://github.com/crowdresearch/crowdsource-platform/tree/develop2/crowdsourcing

There is a possible synergy between Sharebits, EarnBitshares (which we could call EarnBits), and Curiosume. People earn, then they share. People earn, then they trade.

Ill gladly run a hangout sharedrive if people are interested and ill so volunteer to work this week to create a worker to have it built. id love to have a token given out as a sharedrop though at that point.

im cool with subsidizing cool ideas oersonally, but only really think it shoild be done if the worker gives tokens out as well in return for the funding.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:06:32 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
@CLains @fuzzy @Shentist

We will soon have micropayments? We can do better than Cloud Factory with community support:

We need a worker proposal and crowdsale. Who would like to initiate this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBDa9nhmmc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mjCaQFX4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iN4J5yK3Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_YGkLrYnI

Code exists which can be adapted, demand is growing and going viral will be easy. It introduces people to Bitshares and crypto who really need it. It is global or potential to be.

The code is here: https://github.com/crowdresearch/crowdsource-platform/tree/develop2/crowdsourcing

There is a possible synergy between Sharebits, EarnBitshares (which we could call EarnBits), and Curiosume. People earn, then they share. People earn, then they trade.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:02:10 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kuro112

Hey guys, we talked to luckybit, and would like some community feedback on the best approach to funding something like this, below is attached our whitepaper on the subject, combined with luckybits support and beyond bitcoins marketing we believe we can make this a truly powerful addition to bitshares marketing

whitepaper:

http://puu.sh/l5K4g/7069dcc1ac.pdf

if you find yourself aligning with some of these concepts and also see a bridge between the 'earnbitshares' ideas and our own, please chime in and help us go about this the best way!
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline kuro112

hey pal, freebie servers was first and foremost an advertisement company, we serve upwards of 20k ads a day and have various industry tricks for both the implementation of this as a business model as well as the software behind it, such as ingame videos, offerwalls for credit on our various platforms etc... i really like your idea and some of our goals align, this post is kind of old but if you havent given up please shoot freebie servers or myself a pm
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Ok.. this is an interesting idea.. however is there a sufficient profit motive for people to do this job.. or is it more likely to get played by a few who will create bots that will sometimes get the job done while allowing for failure rate to happen.. they still got paid without working.
Bots can't do this jobs which is why humans would be needed. If an AI could do it then no human would be needed and the job maybe shouldn't exist there.
What would be the main selling advantage to having a system in bitshares vs. the other existing systems? Just because its ours doesn't mean it automatically has a value proposition that is understandable to people.. so what is the added value over say like what you suggested with amazon turk?

Money doesn't need to be marketed to people, if you have to make advertisements for money then you've failed. Money exists to be earned, so you need to give people ways of earning it.

Whether it be Minebitshares, or Earnbitshares or Winbitshares. People need ways to acquire Bitshares without having Bitcoin or dollars, and without having to be a programmer, or involved in the community. Any random person with a smart phone, tablet or computer should be able to earn Bitshares doing something or the smart currencies will not catch on.

The profit motive is simply any money is better than no money at all. People who need money will take whatever they can find. The world is filled with people who don't have any money, or who have very little money, so the majority of people on these forums don't represent the whole world, and additionally a dollar is a lot of money in most places in the world.

How many people in Greece can speak perfect english and want to earn Bitshares? What about Argentina? What about China? What about countries in Africa? If a person earns $10-20 a day that is a lot of money in some places so I don't think there will be any problem at all finding people who want the jobs unless you're only looking in Silicon Valley.

Ok.. I understand now this is more about delivery of BTS as a payment medium.

Do you have any insider data on how current services like this are being managed.. marketed and where their primary target demographics are?

I see there is a fine balance here between having work and workers to be attained.. is there a record of how this was accomplished?

I like the idea.. it just needs some form and a little data to put together some kind of business model canvas for execution. It's always better to not have to start from zero on all that. :)

We can look at Bitcoinget, Amazonturk and iCEO. I do not have any insider data nor do I know whether or not as a business it would be more profitable than a marketing campaign. Is Minebitshares profitable?

On the other hand it would be incredibly useful as a way to introduce people to new forms of money. If we have smart currencies then people have to discover what they are by earning and spending it. A lot of effort seems to go into spending Bitcoin or spending these cryptocurrencies, and in the case of Bitcoin they could get away with putting all that focus on accepting rather than earning because a lot of people earned Bitcoin early on from mining, and the Bitcoin community is also heavily populated by Silicon Valley types who get VC money or developers who are using money from their day jobs to trade Bitcoins.

The vast majority of the people on the earth don't care about Bitcoin and that wont change until the marketing changes from "Buy Bitcoins here" to "Earn Bitcoins here". Same with Bitshares but with Bitshares it's exaggerated because the Bitshares community doesn't have the Silicon Valley VC money (Ethereum seems to have that) and doesn't have enough high net worth individuals to keep buying Bitshares. This would mean the Bitshares community needs a way to pull in people who are busy mining and just found out mining isn't profitable anymore, or who go to sites like Bitcoinget to earn Bitcoins, or who go to sites looking for jobs to do for money to buy the latest game or to pay a bill.

iCEO is interesting because if you're looking at turning EarnBitshares into a legitimate business then that is a service I could see being valuable to entrepreneurs. Eventually the VC money is going to dry up, and also it's a lot of work starting a new company, a lot of paperwork, and that work could be crowd sourced. More research can be conducted if you want precise numbers on it, but it should be worth looking into.

Does anyone else have ideas, suggestions or research to contribute to this proposal? Please feel free to share ideas and data to improve on the proposal.

I have to depart now but to quickly answer your question.. no.. minebitshares is NOT profitable.. I continue to lose money maintaining it.. there are a number of factors that contribute to this.. being a zero fee pool.. and paying out in bitUSD and then adding bonuses that are not enough bonuses to it... we need to further dev to get it to profitability.. i have create a four phase plan.. it requires 6 additional delegates to get voted in if it is to be done in any timely manner.. I got 1.

http://vote.bunkermining.com if you like to see us be able to move faster on development of this volume making machine. If we had been voted in  long ago when we started the campaign we likely would be accounting for more than double our current market volume by now in bitshares. We still can even in 2.0 ... wouldnt it be nice to be able to mine ether and get paid in BitUSD? :)

Hmm...you know...I bet bunkershares or some similar extra token would increase the value proposition on both sides.  Let a portion of the shares be mined along with bitUSD and bitassets?

Maybe even have it so through partnerships it also distributes tokens from other projects.  So for instance let me sign up to distribute a portion of the total supply of my business's coin along with the mining bitusd on a daily basis.  Others from this ecosystem could do the same.  I'd gladly promote it in my own personal conversations because I think it would be an amazing value proposition for miners to be able to get tokens in the infrastructure being built on top of bitshares while they mine bitusd--one of the primary things most of these services will be dealing in anyway. 

It would be like my place of work partnering with other businesses with which it relies and giving me and the rest of my employees IOUs that I can redeem for their services or discounts on them....

And of course we don't have to worry about the politics of 6 delegates..

How about this,  make a banner which we can put into our signatures on Bitcointalk and Bitshares, as well as places like Coinmarketcap. Let people volunteer to put it in their signature, I'll volunteer due to historical reasons to put it in my signature.

Anyone will then be able to see that the people putting it into their signature are doing something tangible to help the Minebitshares project. We can start with that and also encourage the miners to put it in their signatures as well on the site.

"Something like, can't donate? Use our signature."

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Ok.. this is an interesting idea.. however is there a sufficient profit motive for people to do this job.. or is it more likely to get played by a few who will create bots that will sometimes get the job done while allowing for failure rate to happen.. they still got paid without working.
Bots can't do this jobs which is why humans would be needed. If an AI could do it then no human would be needed and the job maybe shouldn't exist there.
What would be the main selling advantage to having a system in bitshares vs. the other existing systems? Just because its ours doesn't mean it automatically has a value proposition that is understandable to people.. so what is the added value over say like what you suggested with amazon turk?

Money doesn't need to be marketed to people, if you have to make advertisements for money then you've failed. Money exists to be earned, so you need to give people ways of earning it.

Whether it be Minebitshares, or Earnbitshares or Winbitshares. People need ways to acquire Bitshares without having Bitcoin or dollars, and without having to be a programmer, or involved in the community. Any random person with a smart phone, tablet or computer should be able to earn Bitshares doing something or the smart currencies will not catch on.

The profit motive is simply any money is better than no money at all. People who need money will take whatever they can find. The world is filled with people who don't have any money, or who have very little money, so the majority of people on these forums don't represent the whole world, and additionally a dollar is a lot of money in most places in the world.

How many people in Greece can speak perfect english and want to earn Bitshares? What about Argentina? What about China? What about countries in Africa? If a person earns $10-20 a day that is a lot of money in some places so I don't think there will be any problem at all finding people who want the jobs unless you're only looking in Silicon Valley.

Do you have any insider data on how current services like this are being managed.. marketed and where their primary target demographics are?

I see there is a fine balance here between having work and workers to be attained.. is there a record of how this was accomplished?

I like the idea.. it just needs some form and a little data to put together some kind of business model canvas for execution. It's always better to not have to start from zero on all that. :)

We can look at Bitcoinget, Amazonturk and iCEO. I do not have any insider data nor do I know whether or not as a business it would be more profitable than a marketing campaign. Is Minebitshares profitable?

On the other hand it would be incredibly useful as a way to introduce people to new forms of money. If we have smart currencies then people have to discover what they are by earning and spending it. A lot of effort seems to go into spending Bitcoin or spending these cryptocurrencies, and in the case of Bitcoin they could get away with putting all that focus on accepting rather than earning because a lot of people earned Bitcoin early on from mining, and the Bitcoin community is also heavily populated by Silicon Valley types who get VC money or developers who are using money from their day jobs to trade Bitcoins.

The vast majority of the people on the earth don't care about Bitcoin and that wont change until the marketing changes from "Buy Bitcoins here" to "Earn Bitcoins here". Same with Bitshares but with Bitshares it's exaggerated because the Bitshares community doesn't have the Silicon Valley VC money (Ethereum seems to have that) and doesn't have enough high net worth individuals to keep buying Bitshares. This would mean the Bitshares community needs a way to pull in people who are busy mining and just found out mining isn't profitable anymore, or who go to sites like Bitcoinget to earn Bitcoins, or who go to sites looking for jobs to do for money to buy the latest game or to pay a bill.

iCEO is interesting because if you're looking at turning EarnBitshares into a legitimate business then that is a service I could see being valuable to entrepreneurs. Eventually the VC money is going to dry up, and also it's a lot of work starting a new company, a lot of paperwork, and that work could be crowd sourced. More research can be conducted if you want precise numbers on it, but it should be worth looking into.

Does anyone else have ideas, suggestions or research to contribute to this proposal? Please feel free to share ideas and data to improve on the proposal.

I have to depart now but to quickly answer your question.. no.. minebitshares is NOT profitable.. I continue to lose money maintaining it.. there are a number of factors that contribute to this.. being a zero fee pool.. and paying out in bitUSD and then adding bonuses that are not enough bonuses to it... we need to further dev to get it to profitability.. i have create a four phase plan.. it requires 6 additional delegates to get voted in if it is to be done in any timely manner.. I got 1.

http://vote.bunkermining.com if you like to see us be able to move faster on development of this volume making machine. If we had been voted in  long ago when we started the campaign we likely would be accounting for more than double our current market volume by now in bitshares. We still can even in 2.0 ... wouldnt it be nice to be able to mine ether and get paid in BitUSD? :)

Hmm...you know...I bet bunkershares or some similar extra token would increase the value proposition on both sides.  Let a portion of the shares be mined along with bitUSD and bitassets?

Maybe even have it so through partnerships it also distributes tokens from other projects.  So for instance let me sign up to distribute a portion of the total supply of my business's coin along with the mining bitusd on a daily basis.  Others from this ecosystem could do the same.  I'd gladly promote it in my own personal conversations because I think it would be an amazing value proposition for miners to be able to get tokens in the infrastructure being built on top of bitshares while they mine bitusd--one of the primary things most of these services will be dealing in anyway. 

It would be like my place of work partnering with other businesses with which it relies and giving me and the rest of my employees IOUs that I can redeem for their services or discounts on them....

And of course we don't have to worry about the politics of 6 delegates..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:16:10 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:55:09 pm by luckybit »

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
There is no other existing systems. Amazon turk is very limited in the kinds of jobs offered and it's Amazon which is an American company that doesn't do business everywhere and which not everyone will want to deal with. The idea is to take the model offered by Amazon turk but not to merely duplicate it.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:40:12 pm by luckybit »

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

CaptchaCoin worked along the lines you're talking about here. Have people fill out 4-5 captcha's to gain a coin. I think the dev is still active on Bitcointalk threads. Maybe we can have them swap to Dpos while also using their setup to start "mining" BTS via captcha fill outs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:22:54 pm by emailtooaj »
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
The idea behind this site was inspired by the debate held on micropayments. Whether or not Bitshares can implement micropayments, in order for Bitshares to market it's smart currency features, we require websites where people can actually earn these smart currencies doing jobs that bots can't do.

This could be anything from training AI algorithms, or it could be more sophisticated crowd services such as writing papers, conducting research, but the key is the site has to be very easy. It has to be easy for a person to register on the site and to receive alerts when crowd jobs are available. This way on the other side of the site the entrepreneurs can simply make requests or in some cases feed ads, surveys, etc. Reputation and consistency should be rewarded in the crowd workers so that people who consistently do a good job get high ratings.

CEO as a service (iCEO) would be a future feature when Bitshares 2.0 smart contract functionality is sophisticated enough to offer it. It should work where the microtasks are assigned to workers using the Bitshares blockchain to manage it all.

An image of iCEO:

This service could be marketed to future entrepreneurs who come into this space who want to start DACs or produce companies around Bitshares, but who want to save money, employ the community, and market the smart currencies, while also promoting decentralization as a principle. As we can see on Bitcointalk and other places, hierarchy is not popular, and many people may be led into thinking Bitshares promotes hierarchy.

Reference
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1163186.msg12253815#msg12253815
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18138.msg232190/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:16:58 am by luckybit »