Author Topic: Bitshares 2.0 Questions  (Read 2983 times)

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
How long until 2.0 comes out and is 1.0 dead or is it still being used? Will Bitshares compete with Ethereum? 

Clearly you haven't read other posts here on the forum that address this very question.

That's OK, I know how daunting finding info here can be.

Everyone's 1.0 stake will be transferred entirely 1 to 1 into BTS 2.0. No worries at all. Buy now while the price is ultra low!

bitshares 0.9.x is currently in use.  BTS 2.0 feature freeze date is in about a week and the snapshot will be taken 30 days after that and BTS 2.0 will be trading.  Approximately 4 weeks until release. BTS 0.9.x will be used all the way until the snapshot, in which all your 0.9.x shares will be converted to 2.0 shares.

Of course the dates could change if a major bug is found.

Source of the supposed snapshot date? Snapshot date announcement will need major diffusion from the community.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I take it that BTS held on exchanges will automatically be converted to BTS 2.0?

It will unless the exchange is completely useless.  So maybe bter and cryptsy wont. :P
After bytemaster announces the 2.0 date, the exchanges will probably announce they are converting.  If you have coins on an exchange that doesnt do some announcement of this, get them out of it.
+5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I take it that BTS held on exchanges will automatically be converted to BTS 2.0?

It will unless the exchange is completely useless.  So maybe bter and cryptsy wont. :P
After bytemaster announces the 2.0 date, the exchanges will probably announce they are converting.  If you have coins on an exchange that doesnt do some announcement of this, get them out of it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

wouldn't count on it.

Offline TheGift73

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Well, this explains some of the price drop.  If people are thinking they have to see their Bitshares and buy something new....

Bitshares 2.0 is a software upgrade.  You BTS in the current system is exactly equal to BTS in the new system.  You wont have to do any selling or buying, youll just have to upgrade.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Do you think once 2.0 is released for a short period of time Bitshares will rise in price like it did when 1.0 was released?
How long until 2.0 comes out and is 1.0 dead or is it still being used? Will Bitshares compete with Ethereum? 

Clearly you haven't read other posts here on the forum that address this very question.

Everyone's 1.0 stake will be transferred entirely 1 to 1 into BTS 2.0. No worries at all. Buy now while the price is ultra low!

bitshares 0.9.x is currently in use.  BTS 2.0 feature freeze date is in about a week and the snapshot will be taken 30 days after that and BTS 2.0 will be trading.  Approximately 4 weeks until release. BTS 0.9.x will be used all the way until the snapshot, in which all your 0.9.x shares will be converted to 2.0 shares.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
1. When is Bitshares 2.0 expected or projected to be released?

2. If I own Bitshares (BTS) when Bitshares 2.0 comes out will my Bitshares I already own automatically convert to 2.0 or will the Bitshares I own be worthless? Do I need to sell my Bitshares and convert them to 2.0?