Author Topic: What does Sharedrop mean?  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
After reading all of this I'm 100% more confused than I was then before I asked the question. I guess I'll never will be able to understand what Share drop means but my main concern if I buy $100,000 of Bitshares now before Bitshares 2.0 comes out and there is a Sharedrop before or after 2.0 is released will Bitshares price be effective by that share drop? If so how will it effect the price?

My goal buy now, sell when 2.0 comes out if there's a spike in price after the release, good idea? bad idea?

Share drop means someone is dropping free shares onto you as if throwing money from a helicopter.

For every BitShare you own, you get some number of "newshares" for what ever coin is being given away free.

This tends to make BitShares more valuable because of that expectation.

Then after the drop, BitShares goes back to its previous price (since that special deal has ended), but now you have "newshares" in you wallet too.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
After reading all of this I'm 100% more confused than I was then before I asked the question. I guess I'll never will be able to understand what Share drop means but my main concern if I buy $100,000 of Bitshares now before Bitshares 2.0 comes out and there is a Sharedrop before or after 2.0 is released will Bitshares price be effective by that share drop? If so how will it effect the price?

My goal buy now, sell when 2.0 comes out if there's a spike in price after the release, good idea? bad idea?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
In regards to BTS 2.0 there will be an exact 1 to 1 transfer of all balances from BTS 0.9.x to BTS 2.0.  There is no dilution.

There are other new coins that are sharedropping on BTS in addition to this upgrade.  In those cases BTS users are getting a percentage of the new coins for free.  This is done because it is considered a good target for initial distribution, which is always one of the most griped about things in regards to PoS coins.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I want to buy and hold a large quantity of Bitshares hoping the price takes off when 2.0 is released. But what has got me spooked peopled are talking about share dropping sounds like they are diluting the price so the value doesn't rise? What exactly is Share dropping? Can someone explain in detail?