Author Topic: What differentiates Privatized BitAssets from Nubits?  (Read 28394 times)

Offline Randomaniac

• View Profile
You do realize you are talking about a test network that won't even be operational in a couple months?

Maybe I understand this totally wrong...
Just to be clear: are you saying there's not testnet available at the moment? Only the production network?

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
It seems Tomjoad is having trouble signing up to the forum...

Quote from: Tomjoad
"the issue is that the authorization email never arrives in my inbox. I've used the automatic re-send link a couple of times and it doesn't do anything."

CoinGame seems to think it might be a tor issue...

Quote from: CoinGame
"probably because you came through tor and maybe its a spam fighting technique same as how bitcoin talk requires you pay in btc to sign up through tor"

Anybody have any ideas?

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
That's the reason you guys don't have liquidity or trade volume: you think liquidity is its own reward.  Why should I put my money up as a bitusd sell order and make pennies if I'm lucky when I could put my money up as nbt buy or sell (whatever currency there's a pool for) and make a fixed amount per day?

If you're happy with how liquid your markets are and your daily trade volume, this proposal is worthless.  If you kinda wish people could buy bitUSD easily for less than a 40% markup, maybe you should consider decentralized liquidity services like nupond.

If it's so profitable to provide liquidity for bitAssets why is none doing it?

You do realize you are talking about a test network that won't even be operational in a couple months?

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
I just wish that there was some official instructional videos on the bitassets.

There's so much talk about BitUSD, but it seems no one seems to care about how to teach others how to grow the other bitasset currencies. Why?

I think the rest of the bitasset currencies would actually take off, if there was instructional videos of people actually showing how the beginning of each market is created.

Right now there is no BitAUD, BitMXN or BitNZD.

So let's take BitNZD...
Suppose I am your grandma living in New Zealand and yet there's no bitNZD currently in existence, how do I effectively create some bitNZD for myself to use?

I would want to see a step by step tutorial, with all the caveats so I know what potential risk I could be getting myself into (shorting, covering, etc...).

In fact, I would want to see a video demonstration of someone making some bitNZD, and show how the supply of bitNZD can now be seen on bitsharesblocks.com

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
That's the reason you guys don't have liquidity or trade volume: you think liquidity is its own reward.  Why should I put my money up as a bitusd sell order and make pennies if I'm lucky when I could put my money up as nbt buy or sell (whatever currency there's a pool for) and make a fixed amount per day?

If you're happy with how liquid your markets are and your daily trade volume, this proposal is worthless.  If you kinda wish people could buy bitUSD easily for less than a 40% markup, maybe you should consider decentralized liquidity services like nupond.

If it's so profitable to provide liquidity for bitAssets why is none doing it?

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
I say liquidity providing is its own reward.   The only thing paying you to provide it would be to reduce the spread.   I say you should provide it at a profit first then give us a price per point reduction in spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
I don't think bitNubits would succeed and am not willing to try.  I am interested in providing bitUSD sellside liquidity rewards on a ccedk nbt/bitusd market whereby any bitUSD sold for nbt (at a large spread) can be converted back to bitUSD via Nu liquidity channels and buying bts on the open market.  The custodian can even take a loss if they think they can make it back via the reward rate.

If you want a bitNBT y'all can make it yourselves.  I'm offering ALP services for decentralized liquidity on-exchange as the operator of NuPond.

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
I'm just barely starting to Google 'minebitshares' but I'm seeing numbers like $10/day for tech and $10/day for rewards.  Lol.  I'm asking like $2/day for liquidity ($4,000.  It would only be ~$0.5/day for a grand, but that's hardly worth the operator fee) and $2/day operator expense and y'all get weird.  I didn't even take the competition between our currencies into account.  Maybe I should ask for $10/day for operator expense just cause y'all are doing a good job of reminding me that we're supposed to be rivals.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Why not?  Because it will cost money.  No one seems to be asking how much and how I came to those numbers.  Those are the questions I would ask anyway.  If I gave you free liquidity y'all would be ecstatic.  If I asked for $1/year, you would still probably be comfortable with that.  If I asked for 100 grand each year, you would probably give me one of those wedgies and send me on my way.  So what is liquidity worth to you?  Start asking that question and you start thinking like Nu.

Actually I don't think so. If people did it, it would be because they don't like Nu simply because it's a rival. However the BitShares community is currently trying to pay for liquidity via MineBitshares. It wouldn't make much sense if they didn't agree with this. But people prefer to fail and drag others down instead of benefiting both
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
Enjoy your echo chamber tonyk, the adults are talking.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Why not?  Because it will cost money.  No one seems to be asking how much and how I came to those numbers.  Those are the questions I would ask anyway.  If I gave you free liquidity y'all would be ecstatic.  If I asked for $1/year, you would still probably be comfortable with that.  If I asked for 100 grand each year, you would probably give me one of those wedgies and send me on my way.  So what is liquidity worth to you?  Start asking that question and you start thinking like Nu.

That is the point though -I refuse to start thinking like Nu.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Fun Fact 3 - BTS/Nubits partnership will bring more liquidity and adoption to both Nubits and BitUSD simultaneously because the business models are fundamentally unequal while providing a similar service. 

^That bit, however, is 110% on point.

If both win, why not?

And could everyone stop attacking each other and take this more seriously? ffs this is not bitcointalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile

Fun Fact 3 - BTS/Nubits partnership will bring more liquidity and adoption to both Nubits and BitUSD simultaneously because the business models are fundamentally unequal while providing a similar service. 

^That bit, however, is 110% on point.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani