Author Topic: What differentiates Privatized BitAssets from Nubits?  (Read 28431 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Ehhhhh I'm not sure I would go that far given the posts I read about NuBits on here over the past year, but it's nice to see ponzi scheme isn't being thrown around so loosely anymore.
Aren't you doing almost exactly what FED is doing?

Nooo! The difference is, they announced to the  public they are accepting private bids for their own 'feds' chairs. The Fed on the other hand starts the process by sending private invitation for the corresponding private auction.
BIG difference there :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:17:19 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ehhhhh I'm not sure I would go that far given the posts I read about NuBits on here over the past year, but it's nice to see ponzi scheme isn't being thrown around so loosely anymore.
Aren't you doing almost exactly what FED is doing?

Offline CoinGame

• Leave Nu Alone!!!!!1!1!!
    • View Profile
  • GitHub: coingame
maybe we can someone from nubits team on here to join this discussion..

What did you guys want to know? We're very friendly. You can come join our board if you have any questions :D discuss.nubits.com

I may not be from the NuBits team, but I'm quite familiar with it :)
Aren't we all friendly? :D

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:50:20 pm by CoinGame »
Twitter: @NuCoinGame
Email: NuCoinGame@gmail.com
BitMessage: BM-NAyM9kpZue4xmepHza8uE1nZo32cEyKx

Offline Randomaniac

• View Profile

What did you guys want to know? We're very friendly. You can come join our board if you have any questions :D discuss.nubits.com

I may not be from the NuBits team, but I'm quite familiar with it :)
Aren't we all friendly? :D

Offline CoinGame

• View Profile
The custodians are the market makers. The monopoly is over the ability to issue nubits.

The market is made and the peg is maintained solely by the market makers, isn't it?

Yes, except they can be tugged around by NSR holders via parking rates.

We can also grant NuShares custodial grants now. We auction off the NSR (or sell it on the open market) to raise funds which allow us to buy and burn NBT. It was with the initial NSR distribution the past few times, but the concept in effect has worked. We leverage the value of NSR to stimulate NBT demand and then remove the NBT from the supply. Here's an example: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/passed-nsr-sale-and-nbt-burn/2138/49?u=coingame. There's some other interesting profit models for the network at a conceptual stage. B&C exchange is in rapid development though so the NuBits core dev team has their attention split.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The custodians are the market makers. The monopoly is over the ability to issue nubits.

The market is made and the peg is maintained solely by the market makers, isn't it?

Yes, except they can be tugged around by NSR holders via parking rates.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CoinGame

• View Profile

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
The nubits price mechanism is roughly NSR holders review custodian positions and adjust "interest" rates (how quickly to create nubits not backed by debt or any other on-chain contract)

I thought it was the monopolist market maker model?

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline monsterer

The nubits price mechanism is roughly NSR holders review custodian positions and adjust "interest" rates (how quickly to create nubits not backed by debt or any other on-chain contract)

I thought it was the monopolist market maker model?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
Nubits doesn't use a price feed or any short-term price peg mechanism except subsidized market making (maybe they've made it profitable b/c there seems to be about 1000x less volume since I last looked at what they are doing).

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
"privatized" in this case means that the issue can define the price producers on his own .. it's not the shareholders that vote for a price producer as is the case for bitassets ..

NuBits works pretty similar to the FED afaik. Some entity decides that new NuBits have to be created if demand rises and offers an interest rate for to holders if they park their shares (lock them away) to reduce effective supply

Offline monsterer

Will we have privatized bitAssets on 2.0?
Don't we trust someone else to maintain the peg? Is there any difference? If not, we might just taking an option that we really criticized in the past. Wouldn't we be better off partnering up with nubits them since they have more volume and liquidity?

Privatised bitAssets (MPAs) have one price feed, that's basically the only difference from regular MPAs - they still have to be shorted into existance with a matching buyer and seller.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Will we have privatized bitAssets on 2.0?
Don't we trust someone else to maintain the peg? Is there any difference? If not, we might just taking an option that we really criticized in the past. Wouldn't we be better off partnering up with nubits them since they have more volume and liquidity?