Author Topic: how to use the forum mention  (Read 13812 times)

Offline bulletproof

"Fallen! Fallen is BitSharestalk the Great!'
She has become a dwelling for demons and
a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal."

the Mighty Voice has spoken. Why not leave Babylon bitsharestalk be for now, see what forum-like communication (if any) is needed on DPOSHUB after launch and consider changes thereafter?
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Probably best to just ruthlessly delete whatever generally offensive material you are trying to screen out...  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
well  +5% for trying to help us "simple" users @fav  ;D

level wise of course :)

but I doubt there is an easy fix... I proposed to move to a 2.0 forum with nice features and so on... but many users didn't want a change :<

We have avoided doing much with forums at dposhub specifically because bitsharestalk already exists and we are not looking to compete with the type of talk that goes on here... . are you suggesting there should be another space for bitshares only stakeholders?

a bit OT but it would be perfectly legit to have a "private" forum for stakeholders, and DPOSHUB is the right place. in 2.0 you can easily proof that you are one. entry level 100k or something. I would welcome this.

Is there a way to automatically confirm the balance of any account without the account holder manually participating in some way? For this idea ^^ to work, we would have to continually update/confirm that the balance still exists & belongs to the particular account holder every time the account holder logs in to DposHub. And obviously we don't want users to have to "lock up" a large balance in order to participate. I'm not sure how this could technically be accomplished, but I would love to hear suggestions!

I like the concept of having a forum restricted to BTS holders with a particular level of reserves, but I think that most whales will probably keep their balances in a blinded account, and use a proxy for voting and day to day transactions.

An alternative (one we have been seriously considering) is to have a forum restricted to BTS "lifetime membership" accounts.  Perhaps it won't be as exclusive as a "balance-based" membership, but I think it could be an effective way to weed out most of the less-than-serious players...

If you create such a forum and every wise, informed, mature, rational, shareholding person-of-integrity moves there, who will be left here to greet the newbies and defend them from the foul FUDslinging trolls?

the very same people. I doubt it'll change much, except some whales could find it interesting to participate in a private forum. which could help get some whales to vote on a regular basis

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Why not just add different levels here in this forum?  You could have, a sub forum for verified stake holders, whales, and all levels in between.  Couldn't you just sign a transaction with an account key, or transfer to an address with a certain memo to prove ownership?  After that it shouldn't be too hard to automatically check that balance once per day, and give the account appropriate permissions.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

but I doubt there is an easy fix... I proposed to move to a 2.0 forum with nice features and so on... but many users didn't want a change :<

We have avoided doing much with forums at dposhub specifically because bitsharestalk already exists and we are not looking to compete with the type of talk that goes on here... . are you suggesting there should be another space for bitshares only stakeholders?

a bit OT but it would be perfectly legit to have a "private" forum for stakeholders, and DPOSHUB is the right place. in 2.0 you can easily proof that you are one. entry level 100k or something. I would welcome this.

Is there a way to automatically confirm the balance of any account without the account holder manually participating in some way? For this idea ^^ to work, we would have to continually update/confirm that the balance still exists & belongs to the particular account holder every time the account holder logs in to DposHub. And obviously we don't want users to have to "lock up" a large balance in order to participate. I'm not sure how this could technically be accomplished, but I would love to hear suggestions!

I like the concept of having a forum restricted to BTS holders with a particular level of reserves, but I think that most whales will probably keep their balances in a blinded account, and use a proxy for voting and day to day transactions.

An alternative (one we have been seriously considering) is to have a forum restricted to BTS "lifetime membership" accounts.  Perhaps it won't be as exclusive as a "balance-based" membership, but I think it could be an effective way to weed out most of the less-than-serious players...

If you create such a forum and every wise, informed, mature, rational, shareholding person-of-integrity moves there, who will be left here to greet the newbies and defend them from the foul FUDslinging trolls?

Kind of like the altcoin subforum at bitcointalk, now that I mention it...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:26:47 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

if you keep your balance secret you can't vote at all IMO.

so you could verify your account by sending an random small amount to a bot or whatever, and you could run a weekly check on balances for example.

edit: I like the lifetime acc idea too!

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I understand the desire to make it for significant holders.. but in a shareocracy every share counts. I don't see how we can traverse privacy by establishing a list of minimum amount stake holders whole balances we are constantly monitoring daily. All people who are in dposhub will be dpos account holders. We can make it so the forums are not public and you need to login in order to access them.. we could potentially even charge a fee if you are interested in a minimum stake access arrangement. Maybe not 100k, but it could be something reasonable like a one time 10k perhaps or something where not just anybody would want to pay so they can participate?

There are other possibilities that don't need to be attached to how many shares you hold, but how much you participate.. earned badges for example for your site activity could after so much has been reached.. then 'unlock' the forums for you to participate.. this seems more equitable to me. What do you think?

I don't like the paid idea. you're aware that this private forum would be proof of stake and a lot of BTS would be "soft"-locked? :)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

^^ I think that is a very good idea.

I've toyed with a similar idea but for a higher amount and entry only being allowed to those who have never been paid by the blockchain to avoid conflicts of interest.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Tuck Fheman

For those with under 100k there's always Plankton Club.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I understand the desire to make it for significant holders.. but in a shareocracy every share counts. I don't see how we can traverse privacy by establishing a list of minimum amount stake holders whole balances we are constantly monitoring daily. All people who are in dposhub will be dpos account holders. We can make it so the forums are not public and you need to login in order to access them.. we could potentially even charge a fee if you are interested in a minimum stake access arrangement. Maybe not 100k, but it could be something reasonable like a one time 10k perhaps or something where not just anybody would want to pay so they can participate?

There are other possibilities that don't need to be attached to how many shares you hold, but how much you participate.. earned badges for example for your site activity could after so much has been reached.. then 'unlock' the forums for you to participate.. this seems more equitable to me. What do you think?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

verification through a "send amount x.xx to" and a script that watches your balance. if it falls below a certain amount you're out.

Offline phillyguy

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+