Author Topic: Bounties forum  (Read 1883 times)

Offline bytemaster

I am currently tracking bounty based development in Bountiful Bounties. There are listed some categories for bounties, but most bounties have overlap between categories and some are posted on the main board instead of the subforum where you would expect them.

For instance,

1000 PTS - Ripple-Style Consensus Implementation [PENDING] is basically a C++ task, but it is posted on the main board. Maybe we should create better, more general categories or get rid of them at all and accept that most bountes will require a combined effort of programming, writing, art, management etc.

Its jussed that I missed some interesting bounties, because they were hidden on a sub forum I dont usually check. Maybe we can put up a feed for bounties so we can get an email if something interesting happens. (Havent checked if this is already possible on the board)

I think the subforums will become more important as the number of bounties increase or as a means of filing old bounties after they are closed.  I think I will reserve the main thread to introduce all NEW bounties and then once they become ACTIVE I will move them to the best subforum unless they truly are multi-discipline.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
I am currently tracking bounty based development in Bountiful Bounties. There are listed some categories for bounties, but most bounties have overlap between categories and some are posted on the main board instead of the subforum where you would expect them.

For instance,

1000 PTS - Ripple-Style Consensus Implementation [PENDING] is basically a C++ task, but it is posted on the main board. Maybe we should create better, more general categories or get rid of them at all and accept that most bountes will require a combined effort of programming, writing, art, management etc.

Its jussed that I missed some interesting bounties, because they were hidden on a sub forum I dont usually check. Maybe we can put up a feed for bounties so we can get an email if something interesting happens. (Havent checked if this is already possible on the board)
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke