Author Topic: List of Brownie.PTS distribution?  (Read 9759 times)

chryspano

you guys give brownie points too much thought and power.

Really?

Identabit will sharedrop on brownies and I don't know who will be next, do you think BM just decided to waste his time because he had nothing better to do?

it's just a token of appreciation, not moving the price of bts. also, do we really need to discuss this in a new thread like every week?

I bought some brownies with bts, are you sure the new owner of my bts will not dump them because he sees them as "free money"?

If you want to minimize the posibility of a new thread maybe I can get an answer to my question here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg228944.html#msg228944

Offline bulletproof

+5% @fav, but to be fair even the most dedicated forum watchers may have trouble keeping up the the latest gossip discussion, given the forum (lack of) structure

Suggestion: can you, or another admin setup a Brownie-specific board? At least that way people interested in the token know where to go. How about a UIA main board in fact, to add the the 9 existing ones, with sub-boards for specific UIA's? That way all discussion centering on a particular UIA can avoid spamming the main boards.

Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
you guys give brownie points too much thought and power.

it's just a token of appreciation, not moving the price of bts. also, do we really need to discuss this in a new thread like every week?

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

@merockstar There is an error in your quote.

There is some confusion, we don't know if forum members will get any brownies, we don't know if a specific forum member "deserves" any brownies in the eyes of BM and we don't know if brownie points forgot about a forum member. This imo makes alot of mess.

fixed my bad. I'll take that as a sign I should go to bed.

chryspano

@merockstar There is an error in your quote.

There is some confusion, we don't know if forum members will get any brownies, we don't know if a specific forum member "deserves" any brownies in the eyes of BM and we don't know if brownie points forgot about a forum member. This imo makes alot of mess.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I'm not sure this is true, I posted in the thread and never recieved any brownies. Also a asked a question for muble but the question was never asked in muble or answered in the muble thread.

same. although I did delete my forum account then reboot.

I've gotten over it though. Some other kind soul sent me a couple brownies and BTS is the real investment. If somebody wants to give a larger amount of their coin to a smaller group of people for free, that's their business.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:55:22 am by merockstar »

Offline testz

is a list available who get browniel.pts at all?

I think someone tried to link this earlier but it appears the link was entered incorrectly.

http://richlist.btsgame.org/  select Brownies on the left.

ok, thanks this is a community effort.

So, we see a really fair distribution 10 addresses holding >80% of brownie.pts. would be nice to get the names?

http://richlist.btsgame.org looks outdated. Total amount should be 9 200 000 BROWNIE.PTS  and I doesn't see my last purchases so it's outdated by 2-3 weeks at least.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

I think someone tried to link this earlier but it appears the link was entered incorrectly.

ok, thanks this is a community effort.

So, we see a really fair distribution 10 addresses holding >80% of brownie.pts. would be nice to get the names?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
As to specifics of Brownies, Bytemaster can see the distribution since he controls the asset, but its a mystery to the rest of us.  "Regular users", if by that you mean forum regulars over the past year, probably got about 3000-6000 brownies depending on post count (at least, if they posted in the thread and bytemaster gave brownies).  Those who did dev work for BTS got tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of BTS, based on looking at the supply distribution.  (We cant see who they are, just how much is in different accounts).  As to people who didnt get them in those ways, they have to grind mumble sessions for DKP Brownies, or buy them.

Brownies are pretty much 'Bytemaster DKP' in my mind.  He will distribute the epic loots in time. ;)
We're offering a very limited supply of those "DKP points" now on a daily basis at http://blocktrades.us, for anyone looking to buy brownie.pts with Bitcoin or BTS...

yeah nice to know, but off topic.

so you got a lots of brownie.pts and now you are selling. Is this the point of your statement?

my question was, if there is a list, who we can see how much brownie.pts everyone got?
No, my point was that we're offering a limited amount of brownie.pts from our holdings as an incentive to try the blocktrades service. I felt it was worth mentioned that we're selling some now to BTC holders, as another poster already mentioned you could buy them on the DEX for BTS.

As to your original question, I thought that had been adequately answered already (didn't know the link didn't work since I didn't bother to follow it, not really that curious who has brownie.pts personally). I think the "richlist" link is pretty much the definitive answer to this question, btw (unless you get a lot of voluntary answers from all the holders).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

chryspano

Indeed, this is what has caused us to have to opportunity to buy BTS at all time lows right before launch.  I'll take it.

Now that pretty much everyone who isnt completely committed to the project has been pissed off and induced to dump their BTS at low prices, we'll be able to go up.

As to specifics of Brownies, Bytemaster can see the distribution since he controls the asset, but its a mystery to the rest of us.  "Regular users", if by that you mean forum regulars over the past year, probably got about 3000-6000 brownies depending on post count (at least, if they posted in the thread and bytemaster gave brownies).  Those who did dev work for BTS got tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of BTS, based on looking at the supply distribution.  (We cant see who they are, just how much is in different accounts).  As to people who didnt get them in those ways, they have to grind mumble sessions for DKP Brownies, or buy them.

Brownies are pretty much 'Bytemaster DKP' in my mind.  He will distribute the epic loots in time. ;)

I'm not sure this is true, I posted in the thread and never recieved any brownies. Also a asked a question for muble but the question was never asked in muble or answered in the muble thread.

I would like to give 1000 points per "block" for every forum member with more than 1 block.  (Heros, etc...) and I will give major points to someone who offers to hand them out.

Is this going to happen at some point?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg228944.html#msg228944

Tuck Fheman

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

We're offering a very limited supply of those "DKP points" now on a daily basis at http://blocktrades.us, for anyone looking to buy brownie.pts with Bitcoin or BTS...

yeah nice to know, but off topic.

so you got a lots of brownie.pts and now you are selling. Is this the point of your statement?

my question was, if there is a list, who we can see how much brownie.pts everyone got?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:15:39 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Anyone else if of course free to do exactly the same, so credit to BM for creating $270k out of nothing.
The $270k was most definitely extracted out of BTS' market cap, and maybe even a factor of 10x more than that, in the form of the price going down because a bunch of people who were pissed off by it sold their BTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bulletproof

This list now includes BROWNIE.PTS, though it is a few weeks out of date now.

Not everyone is/was fine with Brownie - did you see this thread?

Seems catalyst was John Underwood of Identabit who wanted to specifically bias his sharedrop towards the main Bitshares contributors - as perceived by BM.

If you buy into Stan's smartdrop theory you'd probably want to fill your boots with Brownie. However, the paradox is that the more active the secondary market in Brownie is, the more the original value of the demographic gets eroded! As @Ander says, as issuer BM retains the power of God over the whole 'asset'.

Brownie amounts to a dilution of BTS holders by a few % - if your assumption was that the BTS token was the sole sharedrop target in the Bitshares ecosystem in the first place, which now seems a flawed assumption. Perhaps it could have been mitigated via a (longish) vesting period - but as there isn't one you can currently just buy 4 digit amounts of Brownie quite easily.

Anyone else if of course free to do exactly the same, so credit to BM for creating $270k out of nothing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:29:29 am by bulletproof »
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.