Author Topic: Creating my first UIA  (Read 14519 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@xeroc
What do you put in the "Public data" field when you create your UIA? Compare to "Description"?
Not so easy for a french speaking guy to understand  ???
Hope I warp my head around it so I can participate in GUI translation  :D

The public data and the description will not migrate to BitShares 2.0 .. hence you can use "" there :)

Offline DestBest

I hope not, I was told that I could keep the names as-is.
Hope you will have your name  :)

You might want to create yours after we announce ours. We will be publishing a fee table that shows how your uia traders and holders can make money from it whether they are doing anything with the uia or not. In our example, the more of the uia you trade, the more fees we will be able to use to develop further integrations, and the more of the uia you hold, the more you will make from every customer transaction at the terminal itself. 8)
Sounds pretty interesting  8)

In the public data field, I just put the description of the uia, but the core devs are the best people to ask, I am no uia expert, that's for sure.

@xeroc
What do you put in the "Public data" field when you create your UIA? Compare to "Description"?
Not so easy for a french speaking guy to understand  ???
Hope I warp my head around it so I can participate in GUI translation  :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I hope not, I was told that I could keep the names as-is.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mostar

• View Profile

I'd rather ask if the asset is being renamed to bts-asset.id. I'd say yes, but there's no public info. @bytemaster

Will the asset name be change during 2.0 upgrade?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It is created yes, but we have developed a more profitable model that needs to be integrated with it before I (actually Stan) announce it.
So, please do not purchase any just yet. We will post the name of the uia and all details of it sometime around the 13th 2.0 launch, hopefully before that date.

In the public data field, I just put the description of the uia, but the core devs are the best people to ask, I am no uia expert, that's for sure.

You might want to create yours after we announce ours. We will be publishing a fee table that shows how your uia traders and holders can make money from it whether they are doing anything with the uia or not. In our example, the more of the uia you trade, the more fees we will be able to use to develop further integrations, and the more of the uia you hold, the more you will make from every customer transaction at the terminal itself. 8)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline DestBest

.I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

This is where I am stumped too. I have to increase the precision from 10 to 10,000, and figure out how best to configure it and then issue it best in a way that will facilitate crowdfunding, or raising money for our projects.

Any news on this? Can i already buy your UIA ken?

I am interested too in UIA creation :D

What do you put in the "Public data" field when your create a UIA?
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
.I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

This is where I am stumped too. I have to increase the precision from 10 to 10,000, and figure out how best to configure it and then issue it best in a way that will facilitate crowdfunding, or raising money for our projects.
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Got it, offer on market
Edit: no :-D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:16:56 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

38PTSWarrior

Cool  I did it. I issued 50 CHATEAUX.

I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
No worries, it's always the syntax ;)

How do I change the precision from 10 to 10,000? (wallet_uia_update_supply --not working)
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Ah the cli is a different thing than the console? Ken, could you write the exact line u used here please?

yeah, they call the Console a CLI (i just learned that term too). so, go to your wallet, open that console and paste this in there.
I *think* you would do it like this, but you may want to modify this before you set that account to pay the 5000BTS for this:

Code: [Select]
wallet_uia_create thirty-eight.pts-warrior CHATEAUX "Chateaux Enterprise" "Donations to the Chateaux Enterprise" 100000000.0

edit: i see (you?) created a chateaux user account too?
http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=chateaux
if so, you might want to use that account to register instead of that thirty-eight.pts-warrior account.
this way the CHATEAUX issuer owner account will show as chateaux
That little dot before the last 0?
Edit, yeah I created chateaux

Yes, as per the "Example" I found here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets
One f.cink dot, man I didn't see it. Thanks much.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ah the cli is a different thing than the console? Ken, could you write the exact line u used here please?

yeah, they call the Console a CLI (i just learned that term too). so, go to your wallet, open that console and paste this in there.
I *think* you would do it like this, but you may want to modify this before you set that account to pay the 5000BTS for this:

wallet_uia_create thirty-eight.pts-warrior CHATEAUX "Chateaux Enterprise" "Donations to the Chateaux Enterprise" 100000000.0

if so, you might want to use that account to register instead of that thirty-eight.pts-warrior account.

Yes, as per the "Example" I found here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:38:47 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
You have to use the console to create an asset.

@ken: do you see a notification in the top right corner near your account name?

@38PTSWarrior @fav @xeroc

Yes, that red error message has been there forever. it started appearing in 0.9.2, i do not think 0.9.1 did it.

I used the CLI as @fav suggested and it worked! I now have my first asset created as per "How do I create a UIA?" from here:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets

Now I need to use the CLI to:
1. Set the precision to 10,000 (right now it is set at 10).
2. basically, copy the way NOTE did it:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=NOTE
3. Then, learn how to issue to myself via the cli and get the trading going (reserve fund? current supply?).

Maybe I should stick the word DONATIONS in here somewhere too.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@ken: do you see a notification in the top right corner near your account name?

38PTSWarrior

Didn't work either

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
You have to use the console to create an asset.

38PTSWarrior

I had a similar problem. Creating the asset worked (for a few seconds it was there, no money was taken from my account and after refreshing the page it was gone)

I tried this for 3 or more weeks and gave up.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
oh man my wallet has issues. i run linux of course, 0.9.2 wallet, and i just ried to create my first asset with my bitshares-munich account.
i filled in the symbol name, letters only, 7chars.
i filled in the description fields.
1,000,000,000 and 100,000.
click the "Create" button and it does nothing. it just sits there staring at me.
my balance was not decremented by the 5000BTS either.
i closed and restarted the wallet, still nothing.
is there a "plan b" for creating an asset without the wallet? linux terminal commands perhaps?
or, did i just type in something wrong above?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Waiting or reloading the client will almost always "fix" it.

The first time I tried that it still showed the old amount, but third times a charm i guess. it doesn't show a balance at all now.
Thanx @fav and Tuck :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Premium Name:  No Numbers and has Vowles
Cheap Name: Has Numbers or No Vowels

simple elegant fair profitable genius
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline emailtooaj

They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin.
Are you allows to share what they told/gave you?
  From the sound of his voice, it sounded very simple to get that 2 day permit so we will see. I will know more tomorrow after I speak with them.
Good luck!  I hope getting permits is less arguouis than here in the states [emoji1]
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Tuck Fheman

It can take some time to "refresh".

Waiting or reloading the client will almost always "fix" it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
since i can't delete an account yet (bitshares-munich) i tried to at least empty the 2 BTS balance from it, and send those 2 BTS to my main munich account (http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=3542081).

Blocks are synced, munich account shows the 2 BTS balance increase, but the bitshares-munich account still shows a balance of 2.5 BTS.

linux mint latest, 0.9.2 wallet.
bug?

try with 1.9 BTS

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
since i can't delete an account yet (bitshares-munich) i tried to at least empty the 2 BTS balance from it, and send those 2 BTS to my main munich account (http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=3542081).

Blocks are synced, munich account shows the 2 BTS balance increase, but the bitshares-munich account still shows a balance of 2.5 BTS.

linux mint latest, 0.9.2 wallet.
bug?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bulletproof

Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Tuck Fheman

**Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be prefixed with "bts-" unless they were registered using the [BitShares Faucet](https://faucet.bitshares.org/). **

I was under the impression that names longer than 8 letters will not have the bts prefix. Isn't that the case?

same here.

After the name squatting debacle we have revised the length-based system:

Perhaps it was 'revised' again or was it simply omitted above?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin.

Well, one major point that Lutz brought up was CCEDK's ability to onramp people at the Expo. He ways saying that if someone is going to money transfer or exchange here in Germany (even if it is only for the 2 day Expo) then they "must be licensed with BaFin". I haven't had a chance yet, but I need to discuss this with Ronny @ccedk to make sure his people can do onramping at the Expo as well. It might just be a 2-day business license to "operate" here, but either way, I want to onramp as many people as possible at the Expo so I am working with BaFin first to get the actual regulation documentation/statute and see what that "license" would entail. From the sound of his voice, it sounded very simple to get that 2 day permit so we will see. I will know more tomorrow after I speak with them. It's too late in the day now, it's already 1655 here.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
**Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be prefixed with "bts-" unless they were registered using the [BitShares Faucet](https://faucet.bitshares.org/). **

I was under the impression that names longer than 8 letters will not have the bts prefix. Isn't that the case?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
lol ok cool, so at least I know everyone's money is safe and like you said it's just a "label".

So, my "munich" account will automatically become "bts-munich".
That account will now be the official "business checking account" for BitShares Munich.

I signed with the Winheller Law Firm today. They will be speaking at the Expo, an Exhibitor, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit

They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin. You've got some really awesome crypto people here in Deutschland :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No
YES .. munich is a premium name

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
Sure

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
sure ..
after upgrade the asset will appear as if it was registered by bts-munich

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

munich (premium) -> bts-munich
bts-munich (non premium) -> bts-munich ?!?

@bytemaster @Stan @vikram ?

ui .. interesting ..

@kencode: that means you will defeinitely be prefixed .. both names 'munich' -> 'bts-munich'    and   "bts-munich" -> "bts-bts-munich" :(

Offline bytemaster

The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
Sure

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
sure ..

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

@bytemaster @Stan @vikram ?

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The requirement to use the faucet to register / migrate accounts was done to prevent the name squatters from buying up all of the cheap names between now and launch of 2.0.

Names registered outside the faucet will be prefixed, but the account will still retain full control of all funds.

I will update the website with more clairty.
I would have updated the page myself already if I was more than 80% sure you wanted it that way ..
Thanks for the clarifiaction

Offline bytemaster

The requirement to use the faucet to register / migrate accounts was done to prevent the name squatters from buying up all of the cheap names between now and launch of 2.0.

Names registered outside the faucet will be prefixed, but the account will still retain full control of all funds.

I will update the website with more clairty.

Offline phillyguy

When can I buy some KenCoins?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The official statement is both vague and/or inaccurate.  At least it gave me a minor heart attack after I registered my Delegate, so I PM'ed BM:

Hey BM!

Quick question. It says on the blog that, “Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.”

We registered a delegate name bitspace-clains after that time, and not from the faucet. Does that mean it will become bts-bitspace-clains or will it not be migrated at all? Really hope we don't have to pay the delegate registration fee over again!

Thanks,

You will not have to pay the delegate registration fee again. 

So I agree we should modify the official statement like bulletproof said:

This statement scares the hell out of me. It says to me that this wallet-created account will not be migrated:
Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated <without prefixing> if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Would suggest minor rewording would make this clearer, it does read scary

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
In the end .. all that changes is the label for your account .. that INCLUDES the owner of an asset .. nothing changes EXCEPT that label
* you still own your stuff
* you still have full access to that asset
* you can still issue your shares

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@xeroc @fav - I apologize guys for being brash.

I hope you see now why I am so freaked out about this account thing. Creating a UIA is no small matter, especially in legal terms so I have to make sure this thing is created properly, the account that owns it is safe, it's traded properly, the finances are transparent, and risk of 2.0 migration doesn't screw any of this up, people's money is on the line. This is stressful.

Again, I apologize for being brash.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bulletproof

This statement scares the hell out of me. It says to me that this wallet-created account will not be migrated:
Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated <without prefixing> if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Would suggest minor rewording would make this clearer, it does read scary
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Tuck Fheman

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

I'm going to assume that's not typed up correctly.

I hope I'm right.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yes / No

Yes / No
Sure

Yes / No
sure ..

@bytemaster @stan @vikram ?

Ok, so you know that I did not use the faucet yesterday to create that munich account.
I used my linux gui client only.
As you can see, my munich account is registered: http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

If I open my linux gui client wallet right now and use that munich account to create the UIA, will everything be accessible to me in 2.0?
I need a 110% for sure answer on this before I drop 5,000 BTS to create the UIA with the munich account name and put its UIA up for trading, ya know?
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
quoting myself, time to add:

Account Name Migration
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Yes / No
yes

Yes / No
yes

Yes / No
yes

I'd rather ask if the asset is being renamed to bts-asset.id. I'd say yes, but there's no public info. @bytemaster

Tuck Fheman

Yes / No

Yes / No

Yes / No

afaik the answer is Yes to all 3, but I'd wait for a confirmation from xeroc/fav ... someone other than me. ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yes / No

Yes / No
Sure

Yes / No
sure ..

@bytemaster @stan @vikram ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd also like to mention here that I followed this page to the letter:
https://bitshares.org/register/

I created the account name in my linux wallet just like it says to do. When it came time to register it, the faucet was not in that select list in my wallet. So, I came to the faucet website which is where I got that red error message. See?
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares.github.io/commit/57886b1a0d433096e79a817d89caa0b33b598d71
Thanks for pointing this out .. I added a remark on that page

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Especially when that person is willing to help you publicly (which would benefit anyone in your same boat in the future), but you insist they personally assist you via a private social media conference.
That's exactly my point .. I work for ALL shareholders .. not just a few ones .. hence I do PUBLIC support .. unless someone pays me to do INDIVIDUAL support

I am not rich and need to make a living from what I do ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Account Name Migration
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Yes / No

Yes / No

Yes / No
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

This is telling me that any accounts that i register in my wallet now, won't even be accessible in 2.0? So I lose access to the bitshares-munich account that I created? Or bts-bitshares-munich ?? Seriously, explain this to me in detail please.

https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/ why doesn't a paid delegate follow the official blog?

Account Name Migration

Tuck Fheman

So how do I proceed from here to get the account name I want and use the faucet so that it doesn't get the bts- prefix?

afaik, as long as it is not a 'premium name' it will not get the bts prefix upon migration.

That's what I remember typing up in a transcript a while back.

If I come across the exact quote before someone confirms/denies that I'll past it here for clarification.

Edit : fav beat me.  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:18:37 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So, since I was unable to use the faucet, I was forced to create the account, fund it, and register it with my wallet, not the faucet website.

I think the faucet issue I had would have prevented all this, right?
So how do I proceed from here to get the account name I want and use the faucet so that it doesn't get the bts- prefix?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'd also like to mention here that I followed this page to the letter:
https://bitshares.org/register/

I created the account name in my linux wallet just like it says to do. When it came time to register it, the faucet was not in that select list in my wallet. So, I came to the faucet website which is where I got that red error message. See?
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Time is money

I think this is where you went wrong.

Don't equate time with money when you want someone else to give up their time to you for free. ;)

Complaining when they ask for money for their time after making that statement just compounds the error.  :P

Especially when that person is willing to help you publicly (which would benefit anyone in your same boat in the future), but you insist they personally assist you via a private social media conference.

As you well know and are probably doing yourself, there are a LOT of people working for the blockchain free of charge (me included) while there are a few others monetizing everything BitShares and asking for funding BEFORE they lift a finger.

So I don't think xeroc is out of line by taking the position they have and honestly I'd do the same after you set things up the way you did. ;)

(Sorry I butted in, but ...)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares shareholders pay me to give public support
unless you pay me too I cannot answer in a private channel

I am a stakeholder.
Ok, so let's waste more time typing here when all of my questions could be answered in a brief skype call.

God forbid a Delegate might have a question too. I've been just a little busy with a million other BitShares projects to keep up on account name stuff.

This is ridiculous you guys, are we on the same team or what?

I want to create my first UIA. I want the Issuer of that UIA to be my bitshares-munich account.

Fav, it's not your job to help me, but I sure do thank you if you can. Please and Thank You.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have to delete the old account now or something, or try the faucet again, am i still gonna be stuck with the bts- prefix, etc..
Accounts cannot be deleted .. they me be transfered in BTS2.0 .. not in BTS1 ..

I haven't even started on my UIA questions yet...
Time is money, please help me. Thank you
BitShares shareholders pay me to give public support in this forum ..
unless you pay me too I cannot answer in a private channel ..

Have to get back to work for BTS and devel the whitepaper and stuff ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
default (unlocked) >>> get_account bitshares-munich
Name: bitshares-munich
Last Updated: 41 hours ago
that account was already registered 41 hours ago .. the faucet can't help your with this now ..
Why don't you try with bitshares-munich-de
instead?

Because I do not want that account name.

I've got multiple questions here now can someone please just skype me?
I have to delete the old account now or something, or try the faucet again, am i still gonna be stuck with the bts- prefix, etc..
I haven't even started on my UIA questions yet...
Time is money, please help me. Thank you
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

This is telling me that any accounts that i register in my wallet now, won't even be accessible in 2.0? So I lose access to the bitshares-munich account that I created? Or bts-bitshares-munich ?? Seriously, explain this to me in detail please.

https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/ why doesn't a paid delegate follow the official blog?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
default (unlocked) >>> get_account bitshares-munich
Name: bitshares-munich
Last Updated: 41 hours ago
that account was already registered 41 hours ago .. the faucet can't help your with this now ..
Why don't you try with bitshares-munich-de
instead?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

I want to create a UIA. I want a registered account called bitshares-munich to own that UIA.
Time is money, can someone please take 2 minutes and just skype me (kenCode_de), walk me through this? Thank you :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:52:28 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/#account-name-migration

I tried to use the faucet, but it didn't work. I put in the account name and public key and it came back with a red error message:

We were unable to register account 'bitshares-munich' - { "message": "account key already in use (32008)\n\n\n\n", "detail": "32008 account_key_in_use: account key already in use\n\n {}\n th_a light_api.cpp:51 request_register_account\n\n {}\n th_a light_api.cpp:62 request_register_account\n\n {}\n th_a common_api_client.cpp:6396 request_register_account", "code": 32008 }

So, from what I described above my bitshares-munich account will become bts-bitshares-munich yes?
I really want to create my UIA today with the bitshares-munich account, please advise, thanx :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:24:19 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/#account-name-migration

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I need to confirm.. Will this account:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=bitshares-munich

..have a "bts-" prefix upon 2.0 launch? ie, would the account name change, or show as this:
bts-bitshares-munich

I created the bitshares-munich account in my linux gui client, and sent 1BTS to it from my kencode account so that it could get registered on the blockchain.

I am going to create my first UIA this week. I need the "Issuer account" to be bitshares-munich for example:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=NOTE

No bts- will get stuck on the front of bitshares-munich right?
www.PalmPay.chat