Author Topic: Creating my first UIA  (Read 14517 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@xeroc
What do you put in the "Public data" field when you create your UIA? Compare to "Description"?
Not so easy for a french speaking guy to understand  ???
Hope I warp my head around it so I can participate in GUI translation  :D

The public data and the description will not migrate to BitShares 2.0 .. hence you can use "" there :)

Offline DestBest

I hope not, I was told that I could keep the names as-is.
Hope you will have your name  :)

You might want to create yours after we announce ours. We will be publishing a fee table that shows how your uia traders and holders can make money from it whether they are doing anything with the uia or not. In our example, the more of the uia you trade, the more fees we will be able to use to develop further integrations, and the more of the uia you hold, the more you will make from every customer transaction at the terminal itself. 8)
Sounds pretty interesting  8)

In the public data field, I just put the description of the uia, but the core devs are the best people to ask, I am no uia expert, that's for sure.

@xeroc
What do you put in the "Public data" field when you create your UIA? Compare to "Description"?
Not so easy for a french speaking guy to understand  ???
Hope I warp my head around it so I can participate in GUI translation  :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I hope not, I was told that I could keep the names as-is.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mostar

• View Profile

I'd rather ask if the asset is being renamed to bts-asset.id. I'd say yes, but there's no public info. @bytemaster

Will the asset name be change during 2.0 upgrade?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It is created yes, but we have developed a more profitable model that needs to be integrated with it before I (actually Stan) announce it.
So, please do not purchase any just yet. We will post the name of the uia and all details of it sometime around the 13th 2.0 launch, hopefully before that date.

In the public data field, I just put the description of the uia, but the core devs are the best people to ask, I am no uia expert, that's for sure.

You might want to create yours after we announce ours. We will be publishing a fee table that shows how your uia traders and holders can make money from it whether they are doing anything with the uia or not. In our example, the more of the uia you trade, the more fees we will be able to use to develop further integrations, and the more of the uia you hold, the more you will make from every customer transaction at the terminal itself. 8)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline DestBest

.I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

This is where I am stumped too. I have to increase the precision from 10 to 10,000, and figure out how best to configure it and then issue it best in a way that will facilitate crowdfunding, or raising money for our projects.

Any news on this? Can i already buy your UIA ken?

I am interested too in UIA creation :D

What do you put in the "Public data" field when your create a UIA?
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
.I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

This is where I am stumped too. I have to increase the precision from 10 to 10,000, and figure out how best to configure it and then issue it best in a way that will facilitate crowdfunding, or raising money for our projects.
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Got it, offer on market
Edit: no :-D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:16:56 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

38PTSWarrior

Cool  I did it. I issued 50 CHATEAUX.

I cannot see any amount on the exchange yet. Now I can announce it. Or is there anything else what I have to do now?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
No worries, it's always the syntax ;)

How do I change the precision from 10 to 10,000? (wallet_uia_update_supply --not working)
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Ah the cli is a different thing than the console? Ken, could you write the exact line u used here please?

yeah, they call the Console a CLI (i just learned that term too). so, go to your wallet, open that console and paste this in there.
I *think* you would do it like this, but you may want to modify this before you set that account to pay the 5000BTS for this:

Code: [Select]
wallet_uia_create thirty-eight.pts-warrior CHATEAUX "Chateaux Enterprise" "Donations to the Chateaux Enterprise" 100000000.0

edit: i see (you?) created a chateaux user account too?
http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=chateaux
if so, you might want to use that account to register instead of that thirty-eight.pts-warrior account.
this way the CHATEAUX issuer owner account will show as chateaux
That little dot before the last 0?
Edit, yeah I created chateaux

Yes, as per the "Example" I found here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets
One f.cink dot, man I didn't see it. Thanks much.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ah the cli is a different thing than the console? Ken, could you write the exact line u used here please?

yeah, they call the Console a CLI (i just learned that term too). so, go to your wallet, open that console and paste this in there.
I *think* you would do it like this, but you may want to modify this before you set that account to pay the 5000BTS for this:

wallet_uia_create thirty-eight.pts-warrior CHATEAUX "Chateaux Enterprise" "Donations to the Chateaux Enterprise" 100000000.0

if so, you might want to use that account to register instead of that thirty-eight.pts-warrior account.

Yes, as per the "Example" I found here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:38:47 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior