Author Topic: September update  (Read 8444 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
To my understood music chain is just a copy of BTS chain ?,  is it right ?  if yes , so I don’t believe an independent make any sense, but anybody can establish an independent chain , it is decentralized.
+5% +5% +5%

I agree to put note on the bitshares. Muse there is no need for independence
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline woolcii

• View Profile
To my understood music chain is just a copy of BTS chain ?,  is it right ?  if yes , so I don’t believe an independent make any sense, but anybody can establish an independent chain , it is decentralized.

cool

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Good to hear the progress. You mean Peertracks will be launched only 3-4 weeks  after the launch of BTS 2.0? That will be cool.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:34:53 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline topcandle

Ideas are dime in a dozen.  Execution is a whole other matter. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Wow, all that while barely even hinting at the contents of this white board!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Great work cob.. It's always great to hear about innovative solutions to difficulties. The victories in crisis.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
+5% +5% +5%, great, good idea, i like it, just do it!
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Xeldal

+5% Outstanding!  Very excited about this. Lots of good news.

All using the MUSE blockchain – the backbone to the new entertainment industry
+5%

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Hi everyone, here’s the September micro-update I promised you guys yesterday.

As you already know, BitShares 0.X was not quite enough for PeerTracks to be able to make use of in a consumer-facing website for non-crypto heads. So Eddie flew up to Virginia last month to spend a couple days with the Cryptonomex team.
Great things came out of that short trip!
We’ve figured out a way to launch sooner than expected by focusing on the creation and selling of Artists UIAs, which is the essence of this whole project.
This short-term pivot had the consequence of creating a template for any an all celebrities to create their own UIA – all without extra work.
I love how every time we hit a little bump in the road, the project’s potential grows from the solutions we find.

We’ve also figured out a way to get major music catalogs on board from the start, by not being an obligatory streaming platform, but by being a retail outlet, fan engagement and fundraising platform that can make them a LOT of money… Of course opting in to streaming is but one click away now that their music is already on our servers for retailing purposes. (Is there a Trojan horse emoticon?)

Just to clarify, anyone can allow streaming of their music/podcasts/audiobooks from the get-go if they hold their own copyrights, but instead of turning away the major labels (that usually demand upfront cash and stock among other things) we can now accept their catalogs for retail and create profiles and UIAs for all their artists – added value to them.

So just know this.
  • There will soon be a way for anybody with a fan base to engage them via the creation and sale of his/her own UIA – no need to be a musician.
  • There will be a music centric App called PeerTracks (which you’ve seen a leaked screenshot from!) that focuses on music retail, music streaming and talent discovery. This is still our Beachhead market of course.

All using the MUSE blockchain – the backbone to the new entertainment industry

October
In other news, we are attending the Fair Music Public Forum held by Berklee’s Rethink Music on October 2nd in Boston.
A lot of big players will be attending since the focus can be summed up as “solving the problems of the music industry probably using blockchain technology” haha. Naturally, we will show up to the event!

I’ve also been asked to speak at the Future of Music Coalition on the "New Adventures in Direct to Fan" panel, set for 10:05-11:05am on Tuesday, October 27. The conference takes place Oct-26, 27 at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.

And to those that where wondering, MUSE will be launched shortly after BitShares 2.0 since:
  • There’s already a bunch of BitShares delegates ready to rock and roll on the new Graphene chain
  • There’s already a large tech-savvy community that can help test the live chain and bug report
Once smooth, MUSE will be launched – expect a 3-4 week delay between both launches

You’ll be able to see the basic PeerTracks Web App in action and the Entertainment Wallet in action before MUSE launches.

That’s it for the micro-update. This is probably the last time I'll make an update without showing off what we have. In fact, we'll very soon need you guys to take PeerTracks and MUSE for a spin.

Thanks again for your eternal patience!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.