Author Topic: Will I be able to refer people before purchasing a life acct?  (Read 4164 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Now that I think about it, would it be such a bad idea to offer a lifetime membership as an alternative to a referral fee?

but you can buy the lifetime with the referral fee... or am I missing your point?
merockstar, the reason they have it set-up this way is so that the system cannot be gamed, i.e. a user creates an account and then refers a throwaway account that is never used. With your suggestion, the real account gets a lifetime membership and the referred account never benefits the network. Under the current setup, referred accounts only benefit the referrer if the account is used.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Now that I think about it, would it be such a bad idea to offer a lifetime membership as an alternative to a referral fee?

but you can buy the lifetime with the referral fee... or am I missing your point?

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I bet there will be a lot of people with only one or two referrals, and I bet this would save the DAC a little bit of money.

I realize you could just refer two people and pay for one with a little bit of change. Just a random thought.

Also this would motivate people trying it out for the first time to at least refer one person to get the lifetime membership.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:14:21 am by merockstar »

As a BitShares community, it seems to me that some members are deserving of funding help for this. In other words, if someone is a longtime or contributing member and in need of funding for the $100 payment, perhaps it's worthwhile for the community to help them clear this threshold.

Here's another thought: we've done that already. They're called Brownie Points. Sell your Brownies to help raise the money you need. Those are there to reward longtime or contributing members, so anyone worth sponsoring for a $100 ticket probably has gotten at least a few Brownies. If you're holding them and hoping you're going to get rich when Bytemaster makes the cover of Time Magazine, you might be far better off selling them sooner and investing in a lifetime account that you can leverage for bigger success down the road.

I don't mind paying my dues. I was just curious.

brownie points is apparently also the name of a company that sells popcorn (and brownies).

http://www.browniepointsinc.com/

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
if you have referred someone prior to 8th june (BTS2.0 ann) https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard you'll get a free lifetime upgrade

As a BitShares community, it seems to me that some members are deserving of funding help for this. In other words, if someone is a longtime or contributing member and in need of funding for the $100 payment, perhaps it's worthwhile for the community to help them clear this threshold.

Here's another thought: we've done that already. They're called Brownie Points. Sell your Brownies to help raise the money you need. Those are there to reward longtime or contributing members, so anyone worth sponsoring for a $100 ticket probably has gotten at least a few Brownies. If you're holding them and hoping you're going to get rich when Bytemaster makes the cover of Time Magazine, you might be far better off selling them sooner and investing in a lifetime account that you can leverage for bigger success down the road.

Don't forget, every account that referred a user pre-bitshares 2.0 announcement gets a free lifetime membership.

do you know which conditions are needed for this?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16787.0.html

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Don't forget, every account that referred a user pre-bitshares 2.0 announcement gets a free lifetime membership.

do you know which conditions are needed for this?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Is it *possible* to buy the lifetime membership now or during the 30 day countdown?
it's an onchain feature that is available only after the genesis block ..

More importantly - how is this membership useful now?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is it *possible* to buy the lifetime membership now or during the 30 day countdown?

hmmf, i'm gettin antsy :o
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat