Author Topic: My CPU is out of this mining game  (Read 5205 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I think the first one. we see increasing hashrates but most GPU miners dont know about the coin yet or they still think its a scam ... you know... currently there is a lot of money in SCRYPT. to find out a "gpu resistent" currency to be more profitable with GPU than SCRYPT could take a while to spread the words... :D

I hope they find out soon. The sooner they find out, the sooner it won't be true any more. :)
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
MMC is still very profitable to mine with CPU and the expected difficulty spike is still not to be seen even after a few days of GPU miners available.

I'm confused as to why. GPU miners don't know about it yet? Or they have something more profitable already?

I think the first one. we see increasing hashrates but most GPU miners dont know about the coin yet or they still think its a scam ... you know... currently there is a lot of money in SCRYPT. to find out a "gpu resistent" currency to be more profitable with GPU than SCRYPT could take a while to spread the words... :D

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
MMC is still very profitable to mine with CPU and the expected difficulty spike is still not to be seen even after a few days of GPU miners available.

I'm confused as to why. GPU miners don't know about it yet? Or they have something more profitable already?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
So glad i bought the AMD-FX 8350 when i got my PC. getting 2.7-3.5 on it. Decent enought for a home pc.

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
hey, look at me:
I am mining happily with an APU and a first-generation i7. :D
May I ask you what your APU is? As it seems my miners does not play well with them (or just with 5xxx and 6xxx platforms).
I have an A10-6800K. I am using the miner packed in the official wallet, connecting to the 1gh pool.
It can reach 1.6HPM. :D
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline reorder

• View Profile
hey, look at me:
May I ask you what your APU is? As it seems my miners does not play well with them (or just with 5xxx and 6xxx platforms).

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
hey, look at me:
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The minerd distributed in the .msi/zip may not be as optimized as one you get from the pools directly.

It's only 32bit so there is a performance hit there, but that should only be 5% or so - so not exactly sure what's going on for you.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
My rough estimates are that you'd earn $5 to $6 dollars for each per day - they're about the same, maybe a slight edge for MMC.

I think MMC has more potential to double in price while you're earning it though :)

Offline ksi

• View Profile
400cpm  for PTS 12G memory
6HPM for MMC 1G memory
24 threads
PTS: PiHnXwebXJeCMKXcGynNQHWDV6L8pE7mTS

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
E5 2620 2.0G
I mining PTS and MMC only. One week ago, I switched from PTS to MMC. I'm not sure which is more profitable, PTS or MMC. The difficulty of PTS has been decreased for some days.  I will mine PTS for another 1~2 days to find out.

Hmm - so how many hashes per minute are you seeing with that?

Offline ksi

• View Profile
What CPU do you have and what is currently most profitable for you to mine on your CPU?
E5 2620 2.0G
I mining PTS and MMC only. One week ago, I switched from PTS to MMC. I'm not sure which is more profitable, PTS or MMC. The difficulty of PTS has been decreased for some days.  I will mine PTS for another 1~2 days to find out.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
What CPU do you have and what is currently most profitable for you to mine on your CPU?

Offline ksi

• View Profile
It is a good news for who has ATI GPU that MMC can be mined with GPU. But this is bad news for me.  It's probably more profitable to mining PTS for CPU miner now. MMC should be memory intensive to prohibit GPU mining.