Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 10 - BitShares 2.0 PitchFork Date is Tuesday, October 13, 2015  (Read 26995 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
This is very welcomed news.  Especially since the vast majority of us will soon use a web wallet and only a very small number (mostly just witnesses, delegates and devs?) will need to run a full client.  In that context, 5 minutes seems almost trivial.  Good stuff!

Estimated blockchain syncing time (on old PC)?

Depends upon your internet connection.    There is almost no disk access and everything is in memory so it is blazing fast.   There have been several million transactions on the test network and the test network has simulated 11 years of maintenance intervals at this point and can still be reindexed in under 5 minutes.      I would guess that once the real BTS chain is out processing less than 1 transaction per second on average (based upon current rates) that your old PC will take no more than 10 minutes to sync for a very long time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Congratulations to the dev team and to all who support this project... +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Once it sinks it that BTS 2.0 really can do 100,000 TPS I wonder if competitors will start complaining that BTS 2.0 is too fast?

There are still people who believe BTS is centralized and that "nothing is at stake".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Been away.....what a thing to come back to!! I was honestly ready and happy for next April. Thank you and well done on what must have been a monumental effort. I can hear the distinct hum of an immensely powerful, drawn bow.  When this arrow flies, it goes straight and true all the way to its mark.

Bitshares alone offers nothing. We should never forget that it is the commitment of the community, the trust and belief of our partners and the alliance between integrity and usefulness that makes BItshares a possibility.

Whatever the future challenges, they can and will be overcome.

Let's bring everyone in.  Let's go viral!
+5%
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline phillyguy

Depends upon your internet connection.    There is almost no disk access and everything is in memory so it is blazing fast.   There have been several million transactions on the test network and the test network has simulated 11 years of maintenance intervals at this point and can still be reindexed in under 5 minutes.      I would guess that once the real BTS chain is out processing less than 1 transaction per second on average (based upon current rates) that your old PC will take no more than 10 minutes to sync for a very long time.

Wow. Very very cool. Can't wait.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Get Phil Collins to sponsor BitShares. 2.0's official theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh lord

Offline emailtooaj

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Been away.....what a thing to come back to!! I was honestly ready and happy for next April. Thank you and well done on what must have been a monumental effort. I can hear the distinct hum of an immensely powerful, drawn bow.  When this arrow flies, it goes straight and true all the way to its mark.

Bitshares alone offers nothing. We should never forget that it is the commitment of the community, the trust and belief of our partners and the alliance between integrity and usefulness that makes BItshares a possibility.

Whatever the future challenges, they can and will be overcome.

Let's bring everyone in.  Let's go viral!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Will Bitsahres 2.0 be live on the 13.Oktober or will the snapshot be taken then? If the snapshot is taken then will it be +14 days for 2.0 to be live?

No, because its an upgrade to a live chain, not a new chain, the chain state must be seamless from last old block to first new block.   There may be a few hours switchover pause, but we can't (and don't need to) let it remain down for very long.
Ok. So 2.0 will live live at Okt. 13th?

Totally, completely, profoundly, miraculously live live.

Now that was a definite answer :)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Will Bitsahres 2.0 be live on the 13.Oktober or will the snapshot be taken then? If the snapshot is taken then will it be +14 days for 2.0 to be live?

No, because its an upgrade to a live chain, not a new chain, the chain state must be seamless from last old block to first new block.   There may be a few hours switchover pause, but we can't (and don't need to) let it remain down for very long.
Ok. So 2.0 will live live at Okt. 13th?

Totally, completely, profoundly, miraculously live live.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.