Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 10 - BitShares 2.0 PitchFork Date is Tuesday, October 13, 2015  (Read 26976 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I think the blog post regarding what's coming with 2.0 is a good text to send everybody. It tells what new is included (confidential & stealth transactions) and what is postponed (bond market) and what works but is still under development (tx processing speed). It would be good to let everybody know what is expected when launch happens so they don't have to complain about "tx speed isn't what was promised, devs lied to us!" etc.

So confidential/stealth transactions made it to the initial version?

I weep tears of joy !!! And privacy.
On blockchain level ... maybe not yet in the GUI

No problem, I am no stranger to the command line. Great to know the support is baked in the protocol :)

karnal - I am not so sure what on 'blockchain level' means when used by xeroc. I will not be  assuming it means you can access any meaningful command through the CLI . When BM uses "it is supported on blockchain level" it means:
Blockchain interpretor after receiving/reading such transaction: "What the hell is this? Am I supposed  to do something and what? Hmm... I do not see anything violating any rules, so will just collect the fee and do nothing"

xeroc - do you have any actual knowledge, or are you  basing it on the fact it was not mentioned as something that will not be implemented from the very begining, like the bond market?

Read the blog post that I linked:
Currently the web wallet does not support generating or receiving confidential transactions, but the command line wallet has full support for them. More details on how to use confidential/stealth transfers will be made available in the weeks ahead.
Thanks.
 :-[ Blinder on my part - BM said he will pretty much repeat the blogpost during mumble, so I confess I did not read the post itself!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I think the blog post regarding what's coming with 2.0 is a good text to send everybody. It tells what new is included (confidential & stealth transactions) and what is postponed (bond market) and what works but is still under development (tx processing speed). It would be good to let everybody know what is expected when launch happens so they don't have to complain about "tx speed isn't what was promised, devs lied to us!" etc.

No problem, I am no stranger to the command line. Great to know the support is baked in the protocol :)

karnal - I am not so sure what on 'blockchain level' means when used by xeroc. I will not be  assuming it means you can access any meaningful command through the CLI . When BM uses "it is supported on blockchain level" it means:
Blockchain interpretor after receiving/reading such transaction: "What the hell is this? Am I supposed  to do something and what? Hmm... I do not see anything violating any rules, so will just collect the fee and do nothing"

xeroc - do you have any actual knowledge, or are you  basing it on the fact it was not mentioned as something that will not be implemented from the very begining, like the bond market?

Read the blog post that I linked:
Currently the web wallet does not support generating or receiving confidential transactions, but the command line wallet has full support for them. More details on how to use confidential/stealth transfers will be made available in the weeks ahead.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:51:08 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Estimated blockchain syncing time (on old PC)?

Depends upon your internet connection.    There is almost no disk access and everything is in memory so it is blazing fast.   There have been several million transactions on the test network and the test network has simulated 11 years of maintenance intervals at this point and can still be reindexed in under 5 minutes.      I would guess that once the real BTS chain is out processing less than 1 transaction per second on average (based upon current rates) that your old PC will take no more than 10 minutes to sync for a very long time.
Awesome stuff

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Are you going to send email tomorrow (when it's 30 days to launch) to everybody that has signed up at bitshares.org? It would be really good to let people know that 2.0 is finally coming – not everybody is reading this forum or the blog.

Maybe also include some info about what to do when the launch comes (not much, as far as I have understood, just make sure that you have exported your private keys so you can import them on the new system?).

Great idea!  Cass is on it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Are you going to send email tomorrow (when it's 30 days to launch) to everybody that has signed up at bitshares.org? It would be really good to let people know that 2.0 is finally coming – not everybody is reading this forum or the blog.

Maybe also include some info about what to do when the launch comes (not much, as far as I have understood, just make sure that you have exported your private keys so you can import them on the new system?).

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline bulletproof

Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.