Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 10 - BitShares 2.0 PitchFork Date is Tuesday, October 13, 2015  (Read 26992 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
"We will be taking the snapshot on a Tuesday so we have time to prepare on Monday..."[/i]

I agree, with mftzo, erase please the "a".... and make it ...

"We will be taking the snapshot on Tuesday so we have time to prepare on Monday..."[/i]

Offline Blazin8888

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
 +5%

Con gratz! It is good to see some faces after the dev team who spend so much time and effort into the project! Thanks. Also thanks to all delegates for their great work.

Looking forward to the launch of bts 2.0!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Guys, the last blog entry on BTS2.0, bitshares.org/blog, reads half cooked and appears unfinished. Could someone please add to it and explain things more broad and clear? Right now only insiders may understand the topics and issues, etc, discussed. The announcement should be crystal clear and professional, not some irc like summary. Thx

I agree. I sure hope Bts marketing improves with the referral system! It has been painful thus far, and this announcement does not sound as exciting as it should (to the average reader).

The queen may be the most powerful piece on the chessboard, but it can't do everything.

All the other pieces need to do their parts.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:02:17 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It's not a typo imo and it's also quite clear what it means: it's just stating that the snapshot day is a Tuesday, which means there's 3 whole days left of the work week to offer support. In other words: it's not happening on Friday evening with no support until Monday!

Correct.   And while we might be willing to work that weekend we aren't going to do that to our partners and exchanges...

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline svk

It's not a typo imo and it's also quite clear what it means: it's just stating that the snapshot day is a Tuesday, which means there's 3 whole days left of the work week to offer support. In other words: it's not happening on Friday evening with no support until Monday!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Guys, the last blog entry on BTS2.0, bitshares.org/blog, reads half cooked and appears unfinished. Could someone please add to it and explain things more broad and clear? Right now only insiders may understand the topics and issues, etc, discussed. The announcement should be crystal clear and professional, not some irc like summary. Thx

I agree. I sure hope Bts marketing improves with the referral system! It has been painful thus far, and this announcement does not sound as exciting as it should (to the average reader).

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I may be in the minority here but I don't really see a problem with the quoted text.  Snapshot date has been announced as October 13th.  That is a Tuesday.  So the snapshot will be on a Tuesday.  If that was the only sentence in the announcement I could see how it would be confusing.  I don't think the full date needs to be in every sentence.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I also think it is a typo but this needs to be fixed asap.

1. It is not professional

2. It might end up in some speculation trading. People withdraw their BTS from exchanges every Monday and resume trading in exchanges every Wednesday and the result is some crazy volatility for no reason

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
QUOTE FROM THE WEBSITE
Launch Plans
We will be taking the snapshot on a Tuesday so we have time to prepare on Monday and support it through the rest of the week. The actual snapshot time will be the last block prior to 9:00:00AM EST. BTS 2.0 chain will then launch no later than 4PM EST.
UNQOTE

What do you mean on "a Tuesday". Do you mean on Tuesday the 13th Oct or on a Tuesday up to the 13th Oct?

I think it's a typo.

> last block prior to 9:00:00AM EST. BTS 2.0 chain will then launch no later than 4PM EST < explains it

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
QUOTE FROM THE WEBSITE
Launch Plans
We will be taking the snapshot on a Tuesday so we have time to prepare on Monday and support it through the rest of the week. The actual snapshot time will be the last block prior to 9:00:00AM EST. BTS 2.0 chain will then launch no later than 4PM EST.
UNQOTE

What do you mean on "a Tuesday". Do you mean on Tuesday the 13th Oct or on a Tuesday up to the 13th Oct?

Offline brainbug

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@tonyk I have definitely seen CLI calls that relate to blinded transactions .. not sure about titan ..

Anyway .. blockchain support means that all that is nees is already there and making it accesible does not require a hardfork of the blockchain .. kust some "exposing the right features to the customer/GUI" ..