Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 10 - BitShares 2.0 PitchFork Date is Tuesday, October 13, 2015  (Read 26961 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Bytemaster is contacting exchanges the coming week ..

+5% +5% +5% that is what I have been waiting ti hear!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bytemaster is contacting exchanges the coming week ..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Hi Daniel Schwarz,
As far as we know, after the update all coins on our balances are automatically swapped, the old blockchain is supposed to halt and no transaction will happen on the old BTS network.
We still haven't heard from the BTS developer if there is anything particular to this update but we are ready to do whatever we must to perform this update as smoothly as possible.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia
Poloniex Support

That was their answer today...
The problem is that the transactions are not guaranteed to stop on bts1.0 as they think...
Even if a minority of delegates continue to produce blocks(some standbys for example) , we will see transactions happen....
version 0.9.3c will stop delegates with this version... but poloniex wallet even with low participation will continue to work,not?...  is the client 0.9.3c stopping transactions for all accounts or they stop only 0.9.3 delgates?....
if so, can you release a version 0.9.4 that holds all transactions on the snapshot day?  So if all exchanges are running this version it will practically kill  bts1.0  ... thoughts?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
we haven't seen any official announcement from any exchange that will honor the upgrade or what it will do in terms of trading bts1 bts2 or both..

in the past there were always announcements from the exchanges that they will honor the snapshot or not. This is the first time. So I guess that no one from the devs has contacted them officially. This is something that I not any other member can do I think.The devs have to do it. I cannot contact an exchange and tell them how to upgrade and what they should do if things are not ready yet..Devs do these things..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I am starting to lose my patience after 2 years of long bagholding..
Why is that? What has changed? Do you see BitShares fail out of sudden?

My guess would be that you are just in a bad mood and maybe depressed because of recent manipulations. That or you are trying to FUD (which I doubt)

You are right xeroc I am sorry...I am just in a bad move today because I get pissed off when i see the price plummeting like that for no reason...
But some answers to the below questions are needed though..People and exchanges do not know what to do with the transition and what they should do with bts 1 and this creates unnecessary risk to the whole project.

How do you know that the exchanges don't know what to do?  Are you in contact with them?  And just because price falls doesn't mean it's manipulation...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

My guess would be that you are just in a bad mood and maybe depressed because of recent manipulations. That or you are trying to FUD (which I doubt)

You are right xeroc I am sorry...I am just in a bad move today because I get pissed off when i see the price plummeting like that for no reason...
But some answers to the below questions are needed though..People and exchanges do not know what to do with the transition and what they should do with bts 1 and this creates unnecessary risk to the whole project.
point them here:

http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration

If they still have questions left, please let me know!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
1) The Devs haven't yet approached exchanges trading bts to clarify the transition
2) We don't know if BTS2 will be actually traded on exchanges
3) We don't know if exchanges and which exchanges will honor the upgrade
4) Now we have a question about the launch date?

suddenly $13 mil of bts market cap starts to look very expensive..lol..

we need to start acting more professionally. Don't expect people to get on board with bts2 if they are completely burned with bts1 due to manipulation of pre bts2 price and if bts market cap is at these levels pre snapshot how high do you expect this to be after launch? And I mean real value of market cap and manipulated pumps to attract some attention..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So after that time people can dump and their BTS will still get into graphene, like it happened to PTS. Curious to see what happens
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
is the launch date still realistic? considering the fact that the new testnet died in less than 24hours
Depends on the reason for the death ..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
is the launch date still realistic? considering the fact that the new testnet died in less than 24hours

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
For those asking for the EXACT time:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/blob/master/libraries/blockchain/chain_database.cpp#L2249

Running this in the linux terminal gives you the UTC-time:

Code: [Select]
date -u --date="@1444741200"
Di 13. Okt 13:00:00 UTC 2015

Di 13. Okt 13:00:00 UTC 2015

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
"It has been a long wait for since the June 8th announcement"
Am I wrong, or Is this a grammatical error in the first sentence?  This article reads like Bts is on it's heals trying to explain it'self, when it should read like it's about to launch an evolutionary leap in technology (i.e. Truth!)...  Can someone who is a good writer re-write or edit this post?  All of the Press Releases so far have been great, but this one is not public-friendly.  Sorry guys, I'm not a good writer, all I can do here is raise a red flag.

Offline Pheonike

Just to be specific...

"We will be taking the snapshot on that Tuesday so we have time to prepare on Monday..."