Author Topic: Migrating from older BTS to BTS 2.0  (Read 6275 times)

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
There is a draft release that has the necessary rpc command to export keys easily for graphene.   You can test importing it into the test net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
What is the status of the privacy of transactions in 2.0? I have been away
traveling for a few weeks now and only occasionally check. Could someone provide
the tl;dr?
There will be blinded, stealth, and stealh-blinded transactions. Blinded
transactions "hide" the amount and keep everything else readable by everyone,
while stealth addresses remove the idendity of the receiver .. combined they is
a transaction with "hidden" amount to an unknown receiver. Through keep in mind
that stealth addresses will not work on web wallets AFAIK.

Will this be implemented when the 2.0 comes out or is left to be implemented later?
@dev

I'm almost certain this will be implemented at launch.
Dan was talking about this structure a couple months ago.

Yes, it's confirmed here:

2. Added Confidential / Stealth Transfers

One of the things we lamented in our original announcement was that bitcoin-style privacy was an illusion. Ironically on the same day we announced Graphene and BitShares 2.0 Blockstream released an implementation of Confidential Transactions which is well understood and computationally viable. After reviewing their approach we decided to implement them in Graphene for BitShares 2.0.

Confidential Transfers hide the amounts being transfered while still allowing those who validate the blockchain to verify that the balances transfered sum to 0 and are not negative. Stealth transfers are used to automatically generate a unique key for every transfer. The combination of these two features means that it becomes pratically impossible for a 3rd party to identify how much you have sent or received or who is sending money to whom.

If you are willing to reveal who is sending to whom (but not how much) then it is even possible to use confidential transfers with regular hierarchical threshold multi-sig accounts.

Currently the web wallet does not support generating or receiving confidential transactions, but the command line wallet has full support for them. More details on how to use confidential/stealth transfers will be made available in the weeks ahead.

Offline emailtooaj

Once i am using BTS 2.0 via a hosted web wallet and my keys are stored locally in my web browser, what happens if i clear my browser cache?

I'm guessing keys can be loaded into multiple browsers so as to have access from different devices without causing issues?

After you have created your wallet you want to create a backup.

As I understand it (devs chime in if I am off) it will be the similar type of tech wallet.bitshares.org uses.. so what you want to do is as soon as you have created your account, create a backup file. This will save you from browser cache erasure.

For other devices I would guess you can use that backup to then load into your other devices for us. (again devs can correct me if I am wrong)
@datasecuritynode

Thanks for helping out [emoji2]
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline emailtooaj

traveling for a few weeks now and only occasionally check. Could someone provide
the tl;dr?

Will this be implemented when the 2.0 comes out or is left to be implemented later?
@dev

I'm almost certain this will be implemented at launch.
Dan was talking about this structure a couple months ago.
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
the tl;dr?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Once i am using BTS 2.0 via a hosted web wallet and my keys are stored locally in my web browser, what happens if i clear my browser cache?

I'm guessing keys can be loaded into multiple browsers so as to have access from different devices without causing issues?

After you have created your wallet you want to create a backup.

As I understand it (devs chime in if I am off) it will be the similar type of tech wallet.bitshares.org uses.. so what you want to do is as soon as you have created your account, create a backup file. This will save you from browser cache erasure.

For other devices I would guess you can use that backup to then load into your other devices for us. (again devs can correct me if I am wrong)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

Great question!

Offline GChicken

• View Profile

does I have the old translation history ?

No you do not.. Assuming you mean transaction history.. that will disappear. Your balance stays, but your transaction history goes.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I'm curious what will happen to UIA names after the switch? I haven't been able to get information on whether we will be able to keep the MKRCOIN name.

Yes, you still have your UIAs.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
does I have the old translation history ?
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'm curious what will happen to UIA names after the switch? I haven't been able to get information on whether we will be able to keep the MKRCOIN name.

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
Since BitUSD interest will be removed in 2.0, what will happen to BitUSD interest on the switch? Will the fund in the pool be dispatched to all BitUSD holders on a shot?
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline emailtooaj

I understand that BTS2 is not a snapshot but an upgrade. So leaving BTS1 in external exchanges will get converted automatically to BTS2 or do we need to move BTS1 to our wallets?

Good one! I'll add this to the OP

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I understand that BTS2 is not a snapshot but an upgrade. So leaving BTS1 in external exchanges will get converted automatically to BTS2 or do we need to move BTS1 to our wallets?