Author Topic: Curiosume profile matching  (Read 1374 times)

Offline ingenesist

• View Profile
We are developing an application called BidPool at Coengineers.com that works like this:

A community wants to hire a contractor to replace the plumbing.  Each contractor needs to spend $2500 dollars to write a bid including site visit, tests, research, and statement of work.  If 4 contractors are submitting a bid, the total outlay is $10,000 dollars for which only one will win.  The total $10,000 expenditure is ultimately passed on to customers in the market. 

Bid pool is a value game where a single entity [an engineer]  writes a system definition from which all of the contractors can place a bid.  Whoever wins the bid pays the engineer $2500 for the system definition report.  If the customer decides not to do the project, they pay the engineer 2500 dollars for the report which can be reused at a later date. 

While this may seem trivial, it reduced the cost of procurement from [cost X #contractors] to [cost / #contractors].  It also eliminates a great deal of moral hazard and cost over runs by low ballers, it also assures the market that the customer is really serious and not just kicking the tires. Nobody exposes their identity except the winner which eliminates collusion.  Essentially, eliminating volatility in the procurement process.  The block chain is simply the public ledger that keeps the game fair and transparent. 

That is an example of how this would play.   

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I understand the idea of curiosume (as far as I know there is not working application yet) to be a collaboration platform where people can state something about
1) being associated with certain topics (wikipedia entries)
2) and whether they want to teach others about a certain topic or collaborate with others or learn from others about it.

My concept about how this could be implemented using a blockchain:
A curiosume profile would be an advanced user issued asset which is defined by the two points above (1 and 2).
At the very end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2601&v=CMeQ_rNkGKU Dan Robles also talks about how this could be used for matching job descriptions and contractors to take the job. He says: A curiosume profile (short: curiosume) could not only represent the skillset of a person but also a job description (e.g. c++, database systems, crypto currencies, team leadership, ability to learn, and whatever other skills are needed for the job). This list of attributes that all would have an entry in the wikipedia (public one or a private customized one) would all have been assigned an identifier and the set of these identifiers would make up the curiosume profile that represents a job description.

The functionality blockchain wise that would be necessary to make this work would be an automated matching or suggestion algorithm that matches job profiles and contractor profiles on the blockchain.

This is just wild thinking, public brainstorming and I even can't see atm what advantages it would have to realize it via a blockchain than with a centralized database. I also don't know whether the amount of information (all the identifiers) of the profiles wouldn't be too big for a user issued asset / transaction as they exists today in Bitshares.