Author Topic: When we will see BTC/BTS parity?  (Read 3327 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
It is a joke, if this can be true it will be tens of years later.
This is not about tech, just about trust. Bts get parity trust, and then will be parity price.

Offline DM69

• View Profile
1 USD to 10 USD would be nice.

Offline devlux

• View Profile
I dunno, but bitUSD is suddenly worth $2.25 each according to coinmarket cap.  At the current rate of growth it will be less than 10 days for bitUSD to reach BTC parity :D

Offline karnal

• View Profile
The supply of BTS is over 100x that of BTC, for that reason I dont think we'll see price parity.

Market cap parity however is quite possible.

^^

Offline emailtooaj

I think the current Bitcoin price is being propped up by the mining cartel while the reality of the market is causing the downward pressure. This is why it is teetering on 'life support' at it's current levels with miners bleeding atm.

I think its the opposite.

think the bitcoin price is being propped up by tens of thousands of investors, while the mining cartel is causing the downward pressure by selling mined coins.  Because POW does nothing but inflate the coin supply.

Also, I think minebitshares is awesome, because it has the opposite effect on bitshares.  It pushes down every other POW coin while creating buying pressure for BTS.  Well done.  You are helping to push every POW coin into the abyss while aiding BTS. :)
That's the main special sauce that minebitshares offers. [emoji12]
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think the current Bitcoin price is being propped up by the mining cartel while the reality of the market is causing the downward pressure. This is why it is teetering on 'life support' at it's current levels with miners bleeding atm.

I think its the opposite.

think the bitcoin price is being propped up by tens of thousands of investors, while the mining cartel is causing the downward pressure by selling mined coins.  Because POW does nothing but inflate the coin supply.

Also, I think minebitshares is awesome, because it has the opposite effect on bitshares.  It pushes down every other POW coin while creating buying pressure for BTS.  Well done.  You are helping to push every POW coin into the abyss while aiding BTS. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:31:10 am by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
The supply of BTS is over 100x that of BTC, for that reason I dont think we'll see price parity.

You don't think BTS is more than 100x better than BTC?

Indeed.  Bitcoin is far from mainstream.  If BitShares starts to get any sort of serious adoption it's perfectly plausible that it could well surpass Bitcoin.  Especially if the BTC community keeps fighting over all of Bitcoin's flaws instead of fixing them.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

You don't think BTS is more than 100x better than BTC?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
We wont see parity (or even profitability) until all the merger giveaway shares have finished vesting and a famous whale has finished dumping to pay uncle sam.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Imo the market value of currencies is related to the value of the network.  Btc has a much bigger older me robust network than we do.  Luckily bitcoin has blazed enough trails that we can take advantage of. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Market cap parity however is quite possible.

Tuck Fheman

When parity is achieved price will be something between $1 - $10.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
My guess is that next year the problems of Bitcoin will be better understood and this will accelerate the decline of price. Also next year Bitshares will continue to evolve and will represent itself as a great alternative for Bitcoin. So maybe 1H 2017 we'll see BTC/BTS parity. This will be probably due to price spikes (BTC down, BTS up) and it won't be sustained for long (but eventually Bitcoin will be used only by hobbyists and academics and hasn't much value).

When parity is achieved price will be something between $1 - $10.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

DISCLAIMER: I suck at this.

There is also a LOT of vested money in Bitcoin projects.. and new blockchain projects still continue to come out built to work with Bitcoin primarily because it is still the only one that has any merchant adoption that is worth mentioning that makes sense to investors.

However, not all investors are unaware. Some things about bitcoin have not taken off for good reason.. and there is nothing Bitcoin can do to overcome it. I don't need to get into that here.. most of you know.

On the other hand, Bitshares is coming to be loved by strategic investment. Most simply just don't even know who we are yet.. but once they do... it's like we are everything they wish Bitcoin would be and more. So they are seeing the writing on the wall now... and money is quietly exiting the Bitcoin  space.. and with BitShares 2.0 in operation you can expect to see this happen even faster.

I think Bitcoin will remain at its current levels at least for some time +/- $50. The delusional are spreading rumours of it going to over $1000 next year with the split yada yada.. but I don't see that happening. Bitcoin has flatlined for an entire year.. and this is because the reality of bitcoin and its problems have made everyone realize that it just has no way in its current operation to overcome its issues.

That said.. I been thinking on the price of BitShares in the future and I don't know if the market cap will have any relation to the price of BTS itself going up. I am having a hard time believing it will go beyond $1 (maybe it will only if there is a major shift come Oct 15 when IMF turn the CNY into a reserve currency). The costs involved in DPOS vs. Bitcoin are considerably different. We have a complete governance of distribution of funds for network maintenance as well. Factoring in the cost of the network and the utility of the transaction charges, I just cannot fathom a high valued BTS like BTC.

I been thinking a fair amount lately on how a reserve currency comes into being. I am wondering how this can happen in crypto where BTS becomes the standard reserve instead of BTC.

OK.. well.. I voted 'Never' for the record.. for all these reason and more. :)

If you asked about Market Cap though.. not price.. I would predict BTS overtaking BTC in market cap by the end of 2016 by a wide wide WIIIIIDE margin.

My 2 BTS... again I remind everyone of my disclaimer. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
If you have superior prediction skills, you may also specify which half or quarter or month of the year in the comments.

Also, it would be nice to know which you believe more: Bitcoin will fail and it's price will drop dramatically or Bitshares will go to the moon?