Author Topic: Let's make bitshares.org multilingual!  (Read 2168 times)

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
I've just published Deutsch and Russian small/test translations from xeroc and testz into staging server:
http://188.226.252.109:4000/

Didn't find a way to auto publish contributions to the staging server yet. Don't doubt to notify me about new translationsand I'll publish them ASAP.

Will be updating with per role simple instructions as I become more familiar with the workflow.

Offline testz

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% ..
but i still think the jekyll based page can be integrated more efficiently .. anyway .. good thing we have a repo for translations now ..

Please add the graphene-ui i18n files so we have nice translations at lauchtime!!!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
and yea really great initiative! I will assist as best as i can!!!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
For anyone interested in the content of bitshares.org (all the elements description in details and the news in the blog tab) in french, everything in already available and nicely translated in our web site www.bisharesfcx.com ;)

www.bitsharesfcx.com
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline EstefanTT

For anyone interested in the content of bitshares.org (all the elements description in details and the news in the blog tab) in french, everything in already available and nicely translated in our web site www.bisharesfcx.com ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:48:10 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline DMo09

• View Profile

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
Have been doing some research on how to ease content translation and website internationalization for Bitshares.

Last night I tried the new transifex.com Live feature and I think this is what we need.

http://docs.transifex.com/live/getting-started/

I've registered a 30 day trial account and cloned bitshares.org on a vps to give it a try.

Here it is: http://188.226.252.109:4000/

Floating bottom right is the language selector, I've translated /home and /technology titles to spanish for testing, you can try switching between Español and English.

It can automatically identify new strings when page content changes and creates new translation tasks for every defined language. Translations can be done offline, online as usual (side by side strings for fast editing) or live, translating "on site" (on transifex side) picking strings from the website layout while watching how pages will become when translations gets reviewed and published.

Everything worked flawlessly with just a couple of js lines and backend tweaking. Immediately PMed Cass and xeroc to ask if they find it suitable before posting; an implementation like this might represent significant extra work for them and we have to take care of this two, as with many others here!

Great feedback. Few hours ago the changes needed to have this running were committed and pushed, so we can start bitshares.org internationalization right now.

Transifex accounts are free of charge for open source projects, I've just created an organization account named bitshares pointing to github.com/bitshares,  and gave admin permissions to both Cass and xeroc.

To make testing safely I've set the bitshares.org clone as a staging server: we can start translating bitshares.org and first publish changes to the staging server without having to review/approve translations and with no risk of breaking things.

https://www.transifex.com/bitshares/bitshares-org/ is public, everyone can submit translations and wait for maintainers to review/publish,  ask for permissions, etc. To use the Live feature (recommended) you'll have to log in.

bitshares-org is just the first translation project on Bitshares organization, we can create as many translation projects as needed.

A user can have one of six roles:

Organization Administrator

Project Maintainer

Team Manager

Language Coordinator

Reviewer

Translator

By the way, talking with bitshares-argentina mates we think it would be fair to allocate funds from the marketing delegate to reward Cass and xeroc for the extra work involved.
Also, if there are other marketing delegates, specially from non native english countries, with standby funds waiting for 2.0, we encourage them to fund translations. 

let's give it a try!