Author Topic: --  (Read 3120 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Powered by Squarespace
In the big leagues without the website skills? Get real OP

:P
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline ag

• View Profile
The technology I understood is more for interbank settlement of funds. The reserve currency is dollars or euros, or renminbi or SDR's, or gold - I don't see these having much competition, except with each other.

The banks just want to protect the status they have. they are thinking defensively. bitshares is the offense.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:22:40 pm by ag »

Offline betax

• View Profile
Aren't they going to use Graphene?  They should!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

Powered by Squarespace
In the big leagues without the website skills? Get real OP
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Circle jerk for starving vampires. Hilarious.

'So, when is your project going to be open source?'
'NEVER.'

'Given it appears that your digital constitution enables you to steal and censor at will, how do you imagine being able to form a network?'
'You will be FORCED.'

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
LOL I only remembered now, what does this mean to Ripple? Weren't Commonwealth and RBS testing their protocol? Does this mean they're dismissing it? They're certainly looking for other options. The only thing I found interesting about Ripple was the interest by the part of big Financial Institutions but these news.... definitely not good for them.

Also, only way multiple big Financial Institutions reach consensus would be through something like DPOS, otherwise it will be a huge mess and nothing will be accomplished. They might work together to build this but they won't hesitate to eat each other if they're interests aren't the same later on.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
So... Is this what John Underwood was warning us about? 

Offline r0ach

• View Profile
This isn't a bad thing.  It will either be some janky standard proof of stake system that only works as an interbank transfer method, or they will probably have to copy DPoS and thus Bitshares wins the open source market by default.  Then it will be the same thing as people speculated where eventually you would see Bitcoin vs Bankcoin in the open market.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I didn't find any information so one can invest in them. Is it something that only big banks are allowed to invest?

If big corporations are investing in this, adding to the fact that they have more than enough money to do this, they obviously want to maintain monopoly so I would say this is restricted to a very small amount of players. They have no interest in having the average joe investing in this in my opinion. Would be pretty amazed if they even thought about that option

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I didn't find any information so one can invest in them. Is it something that only big banks are allowed to invest?

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
--
-
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:15:26 am by giant middle finger »