Author Topic: Oct 13th: Predicting BTS Price At 2.0 "LIFTOFF"  (Read 8053 times)

Tuck Fheman

Why would people with big money use Bitshares if it doesn't have the features they need?

I only use BitShares because it makes me look cool. My friends think I'm a lot cooler than I used to be when I used Bitcoin. So I can't argue with results like that!  :P

Tuck Fheman

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As long as there is no genesis and seed node published .. the repo is "worthless"

Offline devlux

• View Profile
Features aren't what increases market cap. You do need a functional Bitshares 2.0 which can scale but once you have that you need people with big money to use Bitshares.

Why would people with big money use Bitshares if it doesn't have the features they need?

Bitcoin doesn't have many features but has a market cap in the billions with VCs lining up along with banks and ETFs.

Market cap has more to do with adoption than features. Over time if people move to decentralized exchanges that will favor Bitshares. But then you have to convince people with a lot of money that decentralized exchanges have some advantage over the Bitcoin ETF.

Compliance is important. Make it easy for people to comply with the law and Bitshares has a chance.

Bitcoin has been going down for months now and it's not a coincidence. Except for a drug market it doesn't have much real world usage. Most people are just speculating with the price and not really using it. It has a big market cap only because it was first and everybody knows it. But it will continue to shrink unless somebody finds useful applications for it.

That's why I think there has to be a better blockchain with more useful features if we want to see a cryptorevolution. People with big money are usually more careful with their investments and are not going to put their money to a project that is only massively hyped without any proofs that it will create real value.

A lot of projects including several I'm involved in are in a holding pattern waiting for the 2.0 launch.  It's simple really.  The tech is effectively unpublished.  Sure I can go to github and read the source code and hammer out what the API "might" look like.  However there is no way to test that and frankly unless someone documents it I'm not going to rely on reading the source code since documentation boils down to "we made it do this and it's official", vs some programmer's comments on a feature that may or may not be transient.

According to the countdown timer there are 10 hours left.  I'm still not seeing an official release of code at the normal github, but managed to stumble on this.  https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2  looks official to me, but I don't know for certain that it is the final resting place of the released code base.  Logically it stands to reason that it is, but I'm always suspect until I see something stated officially by the devs.

Offline Blazin8888

Since I wrote that post a couple days ago, the market cap has climbed by $4M.  I think the "investors" I referred to in that earlier post are the ones coming into BTS now because they recognize VALUE.  My goodness...BTS is the best crypto there and IMHO hugely under valued. 

So let me just share with all that read this post that "the (BTS) train is leaving the station" so you'd better get on board now as $.04/share is just around the bend.

Sorry buddy but we wont see a 0.04 price for a long time. I doubt this year even.

Offline TanFan

• View Profile
Since I wrote that post a couple days ago, the market cap has climbed by $4M.  I think the "investors" I referred to in that earlier post are the ones coming into BTS now because they recognize VALUE.  My goodness...BTS is the best crypto there and IMHO hugely under valued. 

So let me just share with all that read this post that "the (BTS) train is leaving the station" so you'd better get on board now as $.04/share is just around the bend.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Features aren't what increases market cap. You do need a functional Bitshares 2.0 which can scale but once you have that you need people with big money to use Bitshares.

Bitcoin doesn't have many features but has a market cap in the billions with VCs lining up along with banks and ETFs.

Market cap has more to do with adoption than features. Over time if people move to decentralized exchanges that will favor Bitshares. But then you have to convince people with a lot of money that decentralized exchanges have some advantage over the Bitcoin ETF.

Compliance is important. Make it easy for people to comply with the law and Bitshares has a chance.

Bitcoin has been going down for months now and it's not a coincidence. Except for a drug market it doesn't have much real world usage. Most people are just speculating with the price and not really using it. It has a big market cap only because it was first and everybody knows it. But it will continue to shrink unless somebody finds useful applications for it.

That's why I think there has to be a better blockchain with more useful features if we want to see a cryptorevolution. People with big money are usually more careful with their investments and are not going to put their money to a project that is only massively hyped without any proofs that it will create real value.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:25:51 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline betax

• View Profile
It will have a spike on release, but not big. Then when all the extra features that are on hold are released, it will then jump back to the levels of last year, or might be the openledger integration.. whomever comes first. Then it will be stable for a while, until referrals etc start doing their bit.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline Riverhead

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Tell some of your rich friends about Bitshares. Give them some Bitshares out of your own stash to get them to try it. Marketing has to appeal to high net worth individuals outside of crypto.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What new features will 2.0 have that will make it better. And will crude oil be a pegged asset that will be up and running soon? I am anxious for being able to trade in crude oil.

The front page at BitShares.org summarizes many of the new features.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What new features will 2.0 have that will make it better. And will crude oil be a pegged asset that will be up and running soon? I am anxious for being able to trade in crude oil.
https://bitshares.org/technology/

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile