Author Topic: Bitshares 2.0 Wallet(s) - Spec Requiremnents  (Read 2215 times)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Any chance of it working on the original Rasberry Pi B? Or would a Pi 2 be more sensible?

Someone said they had an RPI B working on the testnet using the Raspbian bitshares PPA. Don't know how it well it handled the transaction volume tests, though.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
mobile apps
pc light wallet
full node client

Offline pseudoscops

Any chance of it working on the original Rasberry Pi B? Or would a Pi 2 be more sensible?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
The 2.0 full node and wallet should be much less resource intensive than the current wallet.  I expect it will run fine on most desktops and laptops, but the web wallet will also maintain full control of private keys, so that's a reasonable option if you don't want to give up the disk space to store the blockchain.  The web wallet I think will also be the best option for phones and tablets; I wouldn't expect a dedicated mobile app at launch.  If there is one early on it will likely just be a wrapper for the web wallet ui.

To get in before 2.0, I'd definitely try to get the current wallet running if possible.  If you know specifically what issues your friend was having we may be able to help resolve them here.  Getting synced up initially can be a pain, but once I got past that it's been running quite nicely for me for quite a while now.

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
Just wondering what the specification requirements (operating system, hardware etc... ) will be for the upcoming Bitshares 2.0 wallets?

a) Desktop wallet (Windows, Mac, Linux)

b) Mobile App Wallet
    (is this being released in conjunction with 2.0 ?)

c) Web Hosted Wallet (What browsers, Desktop and mobile)

A friend of mine has been having a very hard time successfully downloading the current Bitshares 1.0 wallet. So we hope with Bitshares 2.0 wallets, things will be much better.

I only have a 4th generation iPad, so I'm waiting for an app.

We both want to get into Bitshares with some decent money (ie more than "spare change") before 2.0 hits the market (for obvious investment/early adopter reasons).

We are not feeling comfortable of buying Bitshares and leaving them on an exchange until 2.0 comes out, that will feature better wallets. We obviously don't want to fall victim to poor security on an exchange, or get "Mt. Goxed"!