Author Topic: Nano card advice...  (Read 5054 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
A quick comment now on NanoCard. It is up to you where to sign up for the NanoCard. We are now one week away from being able to offer the activation on CCEDK as well. In future bitusd will be added as well, and only via ccedk as bit-x is fousing only on btc.

Thats great news Ronny.  +5%

From my own perspective, i would really like to see another stable currency added rather than just USD. Perhaps New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars or gold.

yet another long week, isn't it?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
The Nanocard is a real cool invention. I canĀ“t wait to see BitEUR added to the Nanocard wallet.

I am a bit concerned about the current fee structure. It is not very clear from Bit-X when you have to pay what fees. The fees are right now to high anyways. We need to come up with a better fee structure to be more competitive with other current systems.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
A quick comment now on NanoCard. It is up to you where to sign up for the NanoCard. We are now one week away from being able to offer the activation on CCEDK as well. In future bitusd will be added as well, and only via ccedk as bit-x is fousing only on btc.

Thats great news Ronny.  +5%

From my own perspective, i would really like to see another stable currency added rather than just USD. Perhaps New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars or gold.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I want to start doing some of my day to day spending with a BitShares backed card. Can I get a Nano card yet or should I just go with a Bit-X card? From CCEDK Nano page:

If a customer feels he or she cannot wait, it is possible already now to pick up the similar Bitcoin Debit Card NanoCard from our partner site at Bit-x. It is available Now.

Bit-X site looks slicker and so this entices me in a little more than the CCEDK, wondering if I'll miss out on any features that Nano provides if I just go with the Bit-X card. Are the same guys behind CCEDK behind the Bit-x card? I'm in the UK - I'm assuming that either can be applied for and used in the UK. What information do I have to give in order to get one - are there any 'Know your customer' procedures in place as part of the application process for the card - I'm assuming there will be...?

Also, although I'd still like to to get a card for experimenting, I've noticed on http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/ that BitUSD is running well of the peg - as I write this coinmarket cap reports $1.21 at the moment. Is this correct? If so then this might mean that spending is not viable as the peg is so far from reality. Sorry I've been away for a while busy with other projects, but can someone point me to why this is the case when the peg used to hold very close to $1 on lower volume than we've seen over the last week.

Rgds

Ronny

Ronny, bitshares integration is where this card will really shine. The potential is enormous. Get it working with bitUSD/bitEUR/bitGBP/bitCNY, make a UnionPay version of it as well for good measure, leverage the bitshares 2.0 recurring/scheduled payments features, and forget the moon, because you are going to PLUTO! :o 8)

Just sayin'.

Offline pseudoscops

Sounds like I can sign up now for CCDEK and will be able to activate in a week or so. When could I expect the physical card to arrive if I sign up today?

Also I realised after I posted  that Bit-X was a no go due to no integration with BitShares.

So NanoCard it is then!

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
I want to start doing some of my day to day spending with a BitShares backed card. Can I get a Nano card yet or should I just go with a Bit-X card? From CCEDK Nano page:

If a customer feels he or she cannot wait, it is possible already now to pick up the similar Bitcoin Debit Card NanoCard from our partner site at Bit-x. It is available Now.

Bit-X site looks slicker and so this entices me in a little more than the CCEDK, wondering if I'll miss out on any features that Nano provides if I just go with the Bit-X card. Are the same guys behind CCEDK behind the Bit-x card? I'm in the UK - I'm assuming that either can be applied for and used in the UK. What information do I have to give in order to get one - are there any 'Know your customer' procedures in place as part of the application process for the card - I'm assuming there will be...?

Also, although I'd still like to to get a card for experimenting, I've noticed on http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/ that BitUSD is running well of the peg - as I write this coinmarket cap reports $1.21 at the moment. Is this correct? If so then this might mean that spending is not viable as the peg is so far from reality. Sorry I've been away for a while busy with other projects, but can someone point me to why this is the case when the peg used to hold very close to $1 on lower volume than we've seen over the last week.

Rgds

Ronny
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline pseudoscops