Author Topic: BITCOIN NOW OFFICIALLY A COMMODITY!  (Read 1690 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I wonder if this ruling has any impact on bitshares gateways' operators, especially those dealing with btc exchanges.

I think it will affect BTC trades in some way.. but I don't think this new direction can be applied to bitshares.. not yet. Bitshares is a whole other animal.

The one thing great about this is that people are starting to understand the difference between bitcoin and blockchain.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I wonder if this ruling has any impact on bitshares gateways' operators, especially those dealing with btc exchanges.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
It just got much harder to run a crypto company.

Unless you're distri-buted and auto-matic and of course, public.  I'd say we're 3 for 3.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This just in.. the regulation hammer just dropped on Bitcoin!! The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) officially has categorized it a commodity which makes it subject to all laws surrounding commodity trades:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-17/bitcoin-is-officially-a-commodity-according-to-u-s-regulator

Coinflip got pinched with many more in their cross-hairs now.

Centralized exchanges would be smart to follow OpenLedger and BunkerDEX onto the BitShares DEX :)

Anybody else still want to keep their balances in centralized exchanges?

What do you think this means to BitShares if anything?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:29:40 pm by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+