Author Topic: Upgraded to 0.9.3, now unable to open wallet [SOLVED by 0.9.3c]  (Read 2503 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Ready to try again.  Is it possible that the newer version 0.9.3c will fix my issue?   :-\

[EDIT] Just replaced 9.0.2 with 9.0.3c without any issues.   :)

Now I guess I can try the Graphene conversion.   :o
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:33:20 pm by URSAY »

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev
Thought I was going mad!

Haven't opened the wallet in a few weeks. Thought I must've changed the password when I was pissed one night and forgotten about it!

Creating a new wallet and attempting to import a backup json gave 'password error' as well.

I ended up getting a backup copy of my wallet from last year to open (I'd zipped the wallet directory and copied it somewhere).

I might copy the 'corrupt' wallet back and check it in console to see what is happening.

edit: Actually this is likely my problem. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18019.0.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:33:39 pm by ozvic »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I am not a mac users, so I am not sure, but do you have a console version installed too or only the GUI version.
I would assume the wallet is rescanning the blocks since the last login, but without the console version it's not really possible to know ..

The Mac GUI includes the CLI as well. What commands can they enter into the console to help understand what's happening?

Thanks as always for your help.

open default
... to open the wallet
unlock 9999999
... to unlock the wallet for 9999999 seconds (will get asked for passphrase - blinded input)

Then usually the CLI tells you what it is doing .. like rescanning or whatever ..

Offline phillyguy

I am not a mac users, so I am not sure, but do you have a console version installed too or only the GUI version.
I would assume the wallet is rescanning the blocks since the last login, but without the console version it's not really possible to know ..

The Mac GUI includes the CLI as well. What commands can they enter into the console to help understand what's happening?

Thanks as always for your help.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Don't upgrade.  It appears multiple users are having issues.   :-[

I guess my next step is to try a downgrade.

Offline phillyguy

Bump. I'm running a Mac and haven't updated to 0.9.3 yet. Would like to hear it's working for a few folks before I try.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Upgraded to 0.9.3 on a Mac.  Reindex happened.  Now I try to login with PW.  The GUI responds with the "status dots" in response to me entering my PW and hitting return.  Then...nothing.  Any ideas?

I had the previous version running fine just a few days ago.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:39:22 pm by URSAY »