Author Topic: Interview with Fuzzy  (Read 2678 times)

jakub

Charles, since you were one of the Ethereum founders, will it be possible to shed some light on Ethereum PR & marketing behind-the-scene details?
(1) In case of Ethereum, was is more of a lucky coincidence which ended up being so effective or was it more of a deliberate plan conceived and perfectly executed by someone in Ethereum team?
(2) What advice would you give to BitShares in this respect regrading the 2.0 launch? Do you think a decentralized approach has a chance to work or would you advice a more coordinated plan?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:57:21 am by jakub »

Tuck Fheman

So what do you guys want to know?

How many BitMarmot's do I need to take over teh world?

Update: I offer you 1 BitMarmot for the correct answer your opinion.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:57:02 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Fox

Charles,
A conversation with Fuzzy and the BitShares community will be beneficial for all.

Open: Remind us all on the backstory of your involvement with Dan, Stan, et al in the early development of BitShares and your subsequent departure to pursue other interests.

Mid: Based on your involvement with a number of crypto-related projects and research of others, how do you foresee the BitShares 2.0 voting mechanics impacting its project governance relative to other projects utilizing their available tool sets?

Late: Do you foresee 1) an a acedemic journal such as Ledger becoming the predominant initial source of publications in this space, or 2) continue to see self-published open access white papers, or 3) corporate interests taking the innovative works toward more restrictive access/licensing?  Relate to CNX and Graphene if applicable.

Respectfully,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I guess my main question would be how you see private blockchains. What are some specific use cases for private chains and how do they save businesses money?

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Which crypto development groups/communities would make for the best partnerships/alliances?

We clearly have an unprecedented opportunity to change the world for the better, and a little cross-crypto-group cooperation could be the difference between slow growth and viral adoption.  So which groups would have the best synergy, both technology and philosophy?

Offline Thom

I'd be interested in hearing about your views on Identibit vs. BitShares 2.0 and trends that encourage decentralization vs those that encourage centralized control. By "trends" I mean what you foresee from established authorities like governments / institutions vs. organic / grassroots efforts that strive for independence and freedom to express their creativity and self regulated responsibility.

Where do you see "the battle over our minds" going? Will reason and empiricism win or will power and propaganda? 
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bitcoin 1.0: Decentralized Consensus for a single token
Bitcoin 2.0: Decentralized governance and exchange  ... (besides ethereum abstract approach of decentralized computing)
Bitcoin 3.0: ??? (maybe decentralized governments and laws? Social consensus?)
What are your thoughts on that?

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
 +5% I would be interested in listening.

Offline fuzzy

I'd love to hear your thoughts on DPoS and other consensus mechanisms.

Last time I checked with Charles he was interested in building his own project based on a different iteration of dpos. So I'm thinking he likes it at least at a basic level.  :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:24:32 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Fantastic! I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you believe the next significant challenges will be, should Bitshares and partners begin to gain significant network effect.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
hey cool – so you're connected again .. great to see :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What is the future of the blockchain? Public open source like bitcoin/bitshares, or closed source like what the banks and IBM are doing? Can they coexist? If the banks  chains fail t to catch on, will they attempt to kill the others or will they utilise public chains?

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I'd love to hear your thoughts on DPoS and other consensus mechanisms.

It's become quite clear to me that one of the most important features of blockchain is the consensus mechanism. If it's bad, like in Bitcoin, the blockchain will do stupid things like spend enormous sums of money to block producing and nothing on development and marketing.

I think the DPoS of Bitshares 2.0 will be the best mechanism out there when it's launched. Are you happy with it or would you like to see some improvements, and if, what those would be?

IOHKCharles

Fuzzy and I have been batting around the idea of an interview and it would be nice to brainstorm questions to ask me here. So what do you guys want to know?