Author Topic: how to use the forum mention  (Read 14037 times)

Offline Pheonike

Why not just add different levels here in this forum?  You could have, a sub forum for verified stake holders, whales, and all levels in between.  Couldn't you just sign a transaction with an account key, or transfer to an address with a certain memo to prove ownership?  After that it shouldn't be too hard to automatically check that balance once per day, and give the account appropriate permissions.
Why just make it a membership forum. If its that valuable ppl we pay to join.  Have 1000 or 5000/mth fee.

Tuck Fheman

I used the 'manual method' in the past, then fav told me that it doesn't work. Today I thought possibly something had changed so it might work now but, as fav said again, it still doesn't work - I got no notification about your mention of me.  :'(
I think you'll find that nobody you've mentioned has been notified @Tuck Fheman

Oh damn, yeah I see that now. Ok thanks fav/hadrian.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
@Tuck Fheman - does this notify you?

@hadrian no that's not my forum id #. but whoever is user 8741 probably got notified. ;)

Is this what you mean by:
I have to manually enter the member number bbcode to mention someone
?

Yes

Are you sure your mentions are working? Would you like to try it with me?
I have no clue (assumed it did) if it works when I manually add them, did you get mine above?

Yeah, sorry Mr. Fheman, I gotted your ID wrong  :-[

I used the 'manual method' in the past, then fav told me that it doesn't work. Today I thought possibly something had changed so it might work now but, as fav said again, it still doesn't work - I got no notification about your mention of me.  :'(
I think you'll find that nobody you've mentioned has been notified @Tuck Fheman

I could try getting the automatic method to work, but I don't want to spend the time on it unless others confirm that it is now working for normal users.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:06:49 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

@hadrian no that's not my forum id #. but whoever is user 8741 probably got notified. ;)

?

Yes

I have no clue (assumed it did) if it works when I manually add them, did you get mine above?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:59:06 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
@hadrian entering "by hand" doesn't trigger a notification.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
could someone other than mod/admin test the mention function please? looks like it works for normal users

@Tuck Fheman @bulletproof

It notifies me fine.

I have to manually enter the member number bbcode to mention someone, if that matters.

I'm not getting any automated drop downs or anything, but am using this method manually.
?

I was doing this before and apparently it didn't work...

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:05:21 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

could someone other than mod/admin test the mention function please? looks like it works for normal users

It notifies me fine.

I have to manually enter the member number bbcode to mention someone, if that matters.

Offline bulletproof

@fav @bulletproof. Test
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

38PTSWarrior

Test
@38PTSWarrior
Test over

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@fav

no popup from the quick reply in ff

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
well  +5% for trying to help us "simple" users @fav  ;D

level wise of course :)

but I doubt there is an easy fix... I proposed to move to a 2.0 forum with nice features and so on... but many users didn't want a change :<

We have avoided doing much with forums at dposhub specifically because bitsharestalk already exists and we are not looking to compete with the type of talk that goes on here... . are you suggesting there should be another space for bitshares only stakeholders?

a bit OT but it would be perfectly legit to have a "private" forum for stakeholders, and DPOSHUB is the right place. in 2.0 you can easily proof that you are one. entry level 100k or something. I would welcome this.

Is there a way to automatically confirm the balance of any account without the account holder manually participating in some way? For this idea ^^ to work, we would have to continually update/confirm that the balance still exists & belongs to the particular account holder every time the account holder logs in to DposHub. And obviously we don't want users to have to "lock up" a large balance in order to participate. I'm not sure how this could technically be accomplished, but I would love to hear suggestions!

I like the concept of having a forum restricted to BTS holders with a particular level of reserves, but I think that most whales will probably keep their balances in a blinded account, and use a proxy for voting and day to day transactions.

An alternative (one we have been seriously considering) is to have a forum restricted to BTS "lifetime membership" accounts.  Perhaps it won't be as exclusive as a "balance-based" membership, but I think it could be an effective way to weed out most of the less-than-serious players...

If you create such a forum and every wise, informed, mature, rational, shareholding person-of-integrity moves there, who will be left here to greet the newbies and defend them from the foul FUDslinging trolls?
"Fallen! Fallen is BitSharestalk the Great!'
She has become a dwelling for demons and
a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal."

Kind of like the altcoin subforum at bitcointalk, now that I mention it...

She was really something to behold - in her heyday. 
Who can forget the great DAC deliberations of late '13, or "merger madness" in the fall of '14. Hell, we would not have that modern invention we all take for granted (DPoS) if not for this hallowed place. Call me a fool, but I still hold a candle - hoping for a strong 2nd wind...or at the very least an Indian Summer....   ;D
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"Fallen! Fallen is BitSharestalk the Great!'
She has become a dwelling for demons and
a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal."

the Mighty Voice has spoken. Why not leave Babylon bitsharestalk be for now, see what forum-like communication (if any) is needed on DPOSHUB after launch and consider changes thereafter?

Heh.  I'm amazed there's a remnant here who recognized that quote.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I've toyed with a similar idea but for a higher amount and entry only being allowed to those who have never been paid by the blockchain to avoid conflicts of interest.

Interesting.  A Continental Convention of sorts.  Freedom of assembly and all that.  Let's take the power back!  Or at least steer the Bit-Mobile
 in the right (our) direction.  What would you suggest the buy in to be?  500,000? 1 million? 5 million?

In order to post or even read messages, you must prove reserves.  I like it.  It keeps competitors from getting the free lunch of tapping our brains, copying our ideas, etc.. It will help us do the "under promise over deliver" thing because our hype won't be so public.  Public hype increases expectations too much I think.

Somehow, I think that factions will develop automatically and spontaneously just as you predict.

I was thinking like a million but no firm idea. It's not something I'd personally start but I'd probably join if there was one. Even if it was just a sub-forum on here like puppies suggested.
If you want to take the island burn the boats