Author Topic: University thesis on Bitshares  (Read 5630 times)

Offline EstefanTT

Or maybe, even if it still has to be released, directely make your thesis on BitShares 2.0.
It would be a shame to put so much work in something that will belong to the past in 20 days ;)
There is a lot of useful info on bitshares.org about the 2.0.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline MJK

• View Profile
I agree, you should do this on bitshares 2.0.
Please share your thesis when you're done, i'm sure it will be an interesting read.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi Filippo,

I would not recommend to take a closer look at historical prices .. unless you also add a remark that the BitAsset 2.0 scheme will be much different.

Actually, the bitAsset 1.0 (which is currently traded in BitShares) did not closely follow the USD .. mainly, so I assume, because of lack of participants in the decentralized exchange due to the heavy User interface.

Do you have a deadline for your thesis? Maybe you could compare bitasset 1.0 with bitassets 2.0 and show the differences between both .. in particular in regards to stability.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Welcome filippo!

In this site you can find some graph of the data you need:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/charts/feeds?asset=USD

You can contact @svk if can give you the raw data of these graphs (keep in mind he could be busy for the 2.0 launch)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Welcome Filippo!

Great idea and initiative.. ok best i think you should connected with @xeroc at first.
I'll ask the team who can assist you on this as well .. but to be honest .. before the 2.0 launch we don't have enough man power.. jsut keep in mind.

Anyway great to have you on board here :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline filippo

• View Profile
Hello to a everybody!
I'm an economic students passionate about cryptocurrencies and in particular about the concept of stablecurrency.
I decided to focus on Bitshares and NU for my thesis and found an interested professor (not easy!) and I would like to ask for a little bit of help: I need some historical data about the value of Bitshares and Bitusd since the creation of the currency in order to make an econometrical analysis and, in general, I would really appreciate every kind of suggestion or advise from the members of the Bitshares community.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Filippo